PDA

View Full Version : Cladding Bolts. Where can I buy them?

gunbarrelvx
03/07/2013, 12:57 PM
Where can I buy new cladding bolts?

My VX is coming out of the garage tomorrow with all new axle work. I want it to be perfect and there is one missing on the front that's driving me crazy. Call me eccentric.

Buffy
03/07/2013, 01:08 PM
How many you need, just the one? If so, PM me your address and I will mail you one.

tom4bren
03/07/2013, 01:30 PM
Where can I buy new cladding bolts?

Sorry, I bought the last 4 in the US of A:)

Those have already been installed on my beastie. I also ordered 16 more that were backordered. I haven't gotten them yet.

Go ahead and get the one you need from Buffy but if you are still needing one whenever mine come in I'd be happy to help you out.

Another alternative is to contact Dane at Millerstown Auto Parts 724-352-3900. I told him to save any from the parts VX he has.

BTW, Merlin indicates that those screws are listed for $3 each but he sells them to members for $2.38 each.

One final alternative is that you already have 4 spare torx cladding screws. They are hidden behind the rear cladding. They are a pain to get to but can be replaced with hex head screws since they are hidden.

gunbarrelvx
03/07/2013, 06:38 PM
Thanks Buffy. I just need the one.

Tom, thanks for offering to help.

Buffy
03/07/2013, 06:59 PM
I have some very nice used cladding screws. Let me know if you want me to send you one.

jheyson =)
03/07/2013, 07:57 PM
Another happy ending ....

This Vx family rocks !!!!

thumbs up.

tom4bren
03/08/2013, 01:45 PM
One final alternative is that you already have 4 spare torx cladding screws. They are hidden behind the rear cladding. They are a pain to get to but can be replaced with hex head screws since they are hidden.

I've got a whole bag of the hex head screws to use if anyone needs any.

JHarris1385
03/09/2013, 03:30 PM
I need some too!

UHaul put my hitch on and took out the bolts and forgot to put them back in....I didnt noticed till I saw my rear cladding hanging a bit lower.

tom4bren
03/12/2013, 05:50 AM
I need some too!

UHaul put my hitch on and took out the bolts and forgot to put them back in....I didnt noticed till I saw my rear cladding hanging a bit lower.

J,

Are you looking for the Torx or do you want me to send you 4 of the hex head?

T4B

SinJin
03/12/2013, 06:42 AM
Are all of the cladding bolts the same size?

Buffy
03/12/2013, 07:06 AM
No, the cladding bolts on the doors are shorter. Most have a torx head but the are some that have hex heads.

JHarris1385
03/13/2013, 07:30 AM
So shorts in the doors?

The ones I am missing are not seen till you open the back door.

tom4bren
03/13/2013, 07:35 AM
The ones I am missing are not seen till you open the back door.

Post a pic. IIRC there are no Torx inside the rear door. If you're talking about the ones at the top of the rear bumper cover inside the door, then they aren't Torx & they aren't even the same thread. I think I have some extra of those.

Edit:

Open the second file in this post. Are you talking about the bolts located where mav is pointing to in the top pic on page 4?

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showpost.php?p=262331&postcount=13

EDIT again:

Merlin indicates that my 16 remaining cladding screws should be in very soon. He also said that someone else ordered some in Feb & they should be in soon too.

tom4bren
03/19/2013, 09:08 AM
I've mentioned before that everyone has 4 'spare' torx screws for the cladding. Here's a pic of where they are located at. You just need to replace them with a comparable hex head screw. They are hidden by the side cladding so nobody will ever know that you purloined them for alternative purposes.

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/spare_cladding_screws.jpg

Given2Fly
09/25/2014, 10:36 PM
Ok, I know I am new to this forum so please forgive me for stupid questions. I've searched the forum and haven't found an answer to this...

My cladding screws are very rusted so I need to replace them. Can I NOT buy regular torx screws and replace them with that? Is there a difference? Thanks for the help guys.

G2F

MSHardeman
09/26/2014, 09:15 AM
G2F, I don't know the answer to your question, but I have painted all of my cladding screws and haven't had a problem with them at all. My cladding screws weren't rusty, but I took each one out, scuffed it up, cleaned it well, shot it with some Rustoleum and then re-installed it. (I would post pictures, but it seems that I can't from my work computer) Many others have done this same thing with their cladding screws too. Many paint their screws the body color, but since my VX is an Ebony I chose to paint them an aluminum color so they would stand out.