PDA

View Full Version : radio reset

MarylandJeff
03/04/2013, 08:36 AM
Changed battery. Radio is locked off. I've done this before but as I'm getting senile I cannot remember how to reset it, and cannot find any instructions. Any suggestions? Driving in silence is no fun.

Y33TREKker
03/05/2013, 07:31 AM
I looked through my users manual yesterday but didn't see anything related to the radio being locked off. Are you saying that it simply won't turn on? Is this the stock radio we're talking about?

vt_maverick
03/05/2013, 08:52 AM
I've had that happen on a Honda Accord but certainly not a VX. With Hondas you have to get a code from the dealership (or online if you can find it).

MarylandJeff
03/11/2013, 01:37 PM
I looked through my users manual yesterday but didn't see anything related to the radio being locked off. Are you saying that it simply won't turn on? Is this the stock radio we're talking about?

yes, stock radio, and yes, it will not come on; I cannot find any info on it either but distinctly remember there is a reset procedure from the last time I got a new battery (4 years ago)....thanks for your looking!

Y33TREKker
03/11/2013, 09:12 PM
Call this simply a WAG (Wild - *** - Guess), but when I ran a Google search for "Isuzu radio reset", a post was returned with the code number 756235 listed as the radio unlock code for a 2000 Isuzu Rodeo. Not sure how a person would actually enter that code, but who knows.

The only other search return that sounded convincing was removing all power to the radio for a few minutes (unhooking battery cable?).

Other than that, you might try calling Merlin at St. Charles Isuzu (800) 727-8066 and ask if he has any info on the subject.

JoFotoz
03/11/2013, 10:14 PM
This never happened to my VX radio when changing the battery.

So I'm kind of scratching my head on this one....:_thinking

Did you by any chance blow a fuse...:confused:

Jo