PDA

View Full Version : Officially a NEW Owner!!!

VX-Man
02/19/2013, 07:48 PM
Ok.. so it is Official! I am a new owner of a VX..!!
I just came back from NYC, had the pleasure to meet with Ed G., the former owner of the 1999 Ebony Supercharged that he bought from Richard Payne.
Super Nice guy.. and a smooth transaction.
The VX is a 99 Ebony with the added SC and about 79K on the Odometer [He did provide an invoice where Isuzu changed the engine under warranty at 34K]
Pretty straight forward VX, does have a few Mods done [By Richard Payne I believe...].
I flew my Kids [12 and 15] to NYC and we got the car. After a few visits to friends and family, We got on the road for about 15 Hrs, all the way to Florida!
I did check the car along the way for the normal things...
The trip was done @ 22.5mpg at a speed of 65-70-75mph across the different states. The Oil did NOT move down a hair!, I guess that is good News....
All and all, the VX performed incredible well... We stopped in Virginia to se the Other VX we are getting [A Proton for my son..] and meat Johnny Nitro and his Proton, He came to meet us at around a Virginia Mall. Great guy.. and super nice and low milage Proton.

Sorry for the Rant! I am very excited and can't wait to start playing with the VX!!!
A lot of thanks to this Forum, which make me so confident and passionate about a VX!! [Special Kudos to KAT and JoFotoz!!, they are good people if you are just starting!!!]
But Thanks to all of you out there that post all the time and make this a great place for enthusiasts!!!:thumbup:

bartmanS4
02/19/2013, 08:02 PM
Welcome to the obsession!
I saw your VX listed for sale, looks like you got a great one.
Scott

VX-Man
02/19/2013, 08:33 PM
Thanks Scott!!
Really appreciate the Welcome!!! A true obsession it is...
Looking forward to a lot of Fun with the VX...

jheyson =)
02/19/2013, 09:54 PM
Congratulations !!

I have seen the post of the supercharged ebony in New York Craigslist as well. Iam glad that you are happy with the ebony and the proton. My mother bought me a proton 3 years ago ( 1st car owner) , and last year I found one 2001 Kaiser for her.
The VX family is awesome ,and everybody is very nice and helpful.
I hope you and your son enjoy the VXs!!!
I still remember the feeling of owning for the first time my proton.... priceless and pure happiness...

Wish you all the best !!
Have a great day!
Jheyson,

VXorado
02/19/2013, 11:43 PM
Congrats. :_steering

Scott Harness
02/20/2013, 03:57 AM
Welcome!! You can never leave...:p

nocturnalVX
02/20/2013, 07:21 AM
Glad to hear that another fanatic has been paired up with a VehiCROSS. Sounds like you found a nice one. Here's to a long and happy ride! :_beer:

tom4bren
02/20/2013, 08:37 AM
Grats on your VX(s)!!!

Noctis
02/20/2013, 11:48 AM
Congrats on your incredible purchase and welcome to the obsession!

blacksambo
02/20/2013, 12:09 PM
Banzai! And welcome to the Swarm.

Mile High VX
02/20/2013, 12:41 PM
I saw this one before Richard sold it...great one it is!

Welcome and don't be afraid to ask questions....(after you've used the search function)...:bwgy::smilewink:bgwo::bgwb:

VX-Man
02/20/2013, 02:03 PM
Like I said... This forum is by far the best I have ever been on...
You all make the difference, Thanks for all the wishes.. I have been busy reading [Do usually use the search button! ;)] and finding out many things about the VX. Today the rig has officially become a Floridian!
I will send some pics pretty soon!!

Thanks and more Obsession to come!!!! :thanx:

JoFotoz
02/20/2013, 02:30 PM
Oh boy..two VX's......

...your wallet is gonna take a beating if/when you get modification-madness!!

Welcome :thumbup:

Jo

VCrossfan
02/20/2013, 08:18 PM
Congrats...And Welcome ! ! !

JMNY
02/21/2013, 10:54 AM
Welcome to the VX family and the obsession is right!

tysamigo
02/24/2013, 02:40 AM
Wow!! 2 Vx's... WELCOME! :)

I second this:

... [Special Kudos to KAT and JoFotoz!!, they are good people if you are just starting!!!]

I've owned somewhere are 14 vehicles to date, and the VehiCross is by far the MOST FUN I've ever had. I will never sell it, seriously. It will be passed down to my next generation... Of course, eventually I will likely get a second vehicle that's more practical for my everyday use, but the VehiCross is here to stay.

I am obsessed with this vehicle and I have no doubt that (especially with 2 lol) you've certainly are on your way. And, you couldn't be part of a better group of people. These people are definitely kick @$$ !!!!

Welcome to the group :wave:

Vendetta
02/25/2013, 12:20 AM
Nice choice! Welcome to the family, the obsession, and a circle of owners here who, for the most part, genuinely consider each other friends.

Take what you need, give what you can, and you'll be right at home in no time flat.

Congrats on the get. Drive it good health, and we'll be seeing you around!

-V