PDA

View Full Version : shock brands

catskilljay
02/15/2013, 08:37 AM
Has anyone tried the Gabriel brand shocks before? and what about just going with Monroe brand? my bounce is so bad anything will be improvement, so jus wondering if i should save $

tom4bren
02/15/2013, 08:50 AM
I just bought OME from Independent 4X in Richmond. I haven't put them on yet but they came highly recommended (they basically only push Rancho's or OME). My decision was based mainly on the fact that I probably wouldn't mess with the adjustable feature of the Rancho's.

BTW, the OME's were $100 each.

Pepino
02/15/2013, 09:12 AM
Has anyone tried the Gabriel brand shocks before? and what about just going with Monroe brand? my bounce is so bad anything will be improvement, so jus wondering if i should save $

If I recall correctly the gabriel Shocks are about 20 bucks each which is pretty cheap, I bought them back when I didnt have money when I was in college, installed them , worked great for about 20 thousand miles did a couple of off roading runs until one of them broke so I replaced all 4 of them take in consideration that I live in Mexico City full of potholes and bumps everywhere. They were great since I paid 100 dollars for all of them.