PDA

View Full Version : Custom HotShot intake order...

drdavidr4u
10/27/2003, 02:15 PM
OK..lets start a serious list of folks that would like a custom made chrome hotshot intake for a non supercharged VX. (assuming an affordable price)

Please post your interest so I can see how many we really have and I will phone him for details and prices if we have the 10 interested parties!!

There is no commitment here other than just seeing if we have enough...then we can work him for the price...ok??!!!!

LETS DO IT!!!!!

THERE IS POWER IN NUMBERS!!!!

PS...While you are at it...how many would like a custom fabricated cat back PV exhaust if we can get them made also? Who knows?!!! ...or is it cheaper to go to your local shop and have him bend and weld one around a new PV ???

nyc #1 ironman
10/27/2003, 02:33 PM
Just so you don't get robbed I paid like $120 or $140 for my chrome hotshots intake when they 1st came out.

Dallas4u
10/27/2003, 02:54 PM
Wow... this is dejavu, only MAYBE this time they will get it right?

I_Wanna_Retire
10/27/2003, 02:57 PM
I'm in.

Depending on price, I may take two.

hchen
10/27/2003, 03:08 PM
i'd take one...if thye can make a cold air...i dont want it be takign in any hot engine air like the ones right now take in...cold air is the way to go

ScottinMA
10/27/2003, 03:11 PM
OMG....this is going to be fun...Tone? Anyone???

Scott

VehiX
10/27/2003, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by drdavidr4u

I will phone him for details

then we can work him for the price...ok??!!!!

I only have 1 question for ya....who's HIM???

:rotate:

I'd hate to see another "moody" fiasco!!!

If they do it right this time, I am in for sure !

ron
10/27/2003, 03:57 PM
Oh oh. Here we go again! :D

I actually bought a used one from a ex-vxer a while back. It's a nice product but wouldn't mind getting another if Hot Shots did a smoother air-flowing re-design instead of using the same hacked up version. I agree with hchen, a custom cold air box would be a nice addition.

And, what's a "moody"? ;eekr;

ps. I hope you're working with an actual employee of Hot Shots.:rightg:

Tone
10/27/2003, 04:00 PM
Cut the stock muffler off and weld in a PV and move on to better mods - the return on a cat back is NOT worth the extra $$ unless you just have it laying around....

Good luck with hot shots - they were so great at customer support the first time...

VehiX
10/27/2003, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by ron

And, what's a "moody"? ;eekr;

Moody as in Don Moody. He was the guy who was nice enough to start a bulk buy on VX intakes from Hot Shots but then messed the whole thing up on us :(

Hot Shots was not very nice to us or Don after the whole Moody VX cold air intake fiasco!

I have been patiently waiting for a new re-designed intake for the VX that not only looks cool but one that is functional as well.

I hope some one can put an end to this long awaited intake deal for all of us!!! :)

ron
10/27/2003, 04:31 PM
Oh, I was there through it all VehiX! I was just being facetious. ;)

Seriously, I have both Tone's PV muffler & interceptor, and the hacked-up version Moody chrome intake, and this seems to be a great "bang for the buck" combo, except for a supercharger. My only gripe is not having a cold air box and/or heat extractor on the insert as the intake will draw in hot engine air.

I guess we'll see how round 2 will go.

omegavx
10/27/2003, 05:42 PM
I'm in, I was around for the whole "moody" thing, but didn't have my vx at the time. My question would be who's gonna prototype the "correct" part??

smcneal
10/28/2003, 05:12 AM
Count me in if the price is reasonable.

joe-yamma
10/28/2003, 07:18 AM
i would be interested for one at a reasonable price.

joe

WormGod
10/28/2003, 07:29 AM
Just extending my "good luck" to you folks. Unless you can get a VX out to HotShot, They will most likely have the same problem they had last time..... no vehicle to prototype from. Moody took his Trooper there and it was fabbed from that. I would rethink before I just jumped in. To be honest, the pipe looks nice, but it still has rubbing space between the hood insulation and the engine bay. The rubbing will scuff your pipe. I am speaking from the one that was cut to actually fit the VX. If they use the same design, you will get the same problem.

I really think they need a VX to get it right.

Dallas4u
10/28/2003, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by WormGod
The rubbing will scuff your pipe.

Hmm... :p

Jolly Roger VX'er
10/28/2003, 05:24 PM
I'm in for one if they fit it to an actual VX this time! Would be nice to see a pic of the finished product too! I doubt there is any cold air box with this though. I figure it will be basically what Wormgod already has but perhaps fit better if somone donates their VX for measurements.

As for the PV thing...I'm with Tone...just get the PV muffler and save your money as the cat-back sounds like a waste unless you're going to do a real dual setup with 2 PV's or at least 2 good mufflers.

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/357duals-med.jpg

**I wish I could hear how these sound!!!!!!!!!

Hiss
10/28/2003, 07:49 PM
Count me in if its done right..:eek:

Tone
10/28/2003, 07:59 PM
Metal intake tubes have an issue with holding and transferring heat to the air flowing through them. I hope to be able to offer a CF intake tube first for the SCed crowd and then for the normally aspirated ones. Albert was working on this for me but I will be at SEMA next week looking for a supplier and will post when I have more info.

drdavidr4u
10/29/2003, 06:31 AM
Gooid point about the heat transfer...he could also ceramic coat these for better heat insulative ability instead of chroming...but the tube would still be metal and who knows.....?

Hurry Up Tone!!!!

I_Wanna_Retire
10/29/2003, 07:43 AM
Tone, to help us understand where to spend our money, can you tell us what you are thinking here? A standard intake? Or maybe something that provides better 'cool' air intake? I am anxious to get something but can afford to wait if the wait is measured in a month or two, versus many months.