PDA

View Full Version : TOD Check Light Flashing

Axelivan
02/05/2013, 05:41 PM
Hi guys, is there anyone who finally found how to correct this problem? i got many, many suggestions, bot none of them works. I'm going to try to take off the tranfer speed sensors. But again, I'll really appreciate if anyone that has been with this before can tell me how it can be solve. Thanks:yesgray:

TXIronManVehi
02/06/2013, 07:07 AM
I had the same problem with my vehicross when I bought it. It has had the transfer case replaced and ABS control unit by the previous owner and neither fixed it. When you drive it around, it is basically like being in 4hi the entire time. Last week, I went in and bypassed the TOD and installed a switch and now I drive in 2wd but the check light still flashes. Is doesn't solve the problem but atleast it makes it where you can drive it.

KRemo
02/06/2013, 07:19 AM
Mine ended up being the power steering pressure sensor. Not sure what that has to do with the TOD but it fixed my problem. The TOD bounced around like it was confused and flashed. Manual Isuzu was the one that fixed it but they are closed now

evillecutter
02/06/2013, 12:30 PM
Mine ended up being the power steering pressure sensor. Not sure what that has to do with the TOD but it fixed my problem. The TOD bounced around like it was confused and flashed. Manual Isuzu was the one that fixed it but they are closed now

can you tell me where the power steering pressure sensor is located?

KRemo
02/06/2013, 07:29 PM
I am not for sure but I think it is the wire harness that comes from the PS pump? Not for sure tho all they did was disconnect it. Sorry hope this helps

Axelivan
09/26/2013, 07:07 PM
I am not for sure but I think it is the wire harness that comes from the PS pump? Not for sure tho all they did was disconnect it. Sorry hope this helps

Hi, how's your VX running now? Does that procedure really fixed the flasing light of the TOD? You have all wheel drive again?Please let me know, I don't what else to do to fix miine..:confused: i'm running 4x2 but 4lo does work.

bartmanS4
09/26/2013, 10:10 PM
Have you determined what the error is?

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showpost.php?p=286210&postcount=17

Axelivan
10/01/2013, 06:51 PM
My mechanic found "no reference voltage from ECU computer to speed sensors".Now I got the problem of to much voltage ( sometimes 15.3volts). Got to replace the altenator.:( What do think about the reference voltage?

nfpgasmask
10/02/2013, 03:14 PM
I've got the same problem. TOD flashes and I am in 2HI all the time. I can shift into 4LO and all is good. I have tried changing the speed sensors and this did not fix the issue. According to Jerry Lemond, the ABS and the TOD are completely isolated systems and unrelated.

Yet, I still have not found a fix for this.

Bart

44ficus44
10/02/2013, 07:29 PM
i had something similar. when i was replacing my burnt out HID lights, something was waked, burnt my two new converters, and it would flash all of my lights on the dash. soo no more hids :( ill try LEDs now

DMWIsuzuOwner
10/18/2013, 06:41 PM
I was hoping for some help for this aggravating problem. Just had the transmission rebuilt and replaced in my 2002 Isuzu Axiom and the Check TOD light started flashing. Transmission guys were clueless. Found some help on planetisuzoo.com and took the suggestions to our local mechanic. Speed sensor wasn't it. He finally got a 17 code (not on computer) and tried replacing the range mode switch assembly. Nada. Just got the dang thing back today. Transmission is leaking fluid, so back to transmission guys, but the TOD light is still happily flashing. I'm thinking wire cutters, or black electrical tape over the light. 4H and 4L seem to work fine.