PDA

View Full Version : rebuilt engine truck will not run need help

alo247
02/05/2013, 07:09 AM
i had may engine rebuild three months ago and it has not made it out of shop. lots of errors but the problem now is it starts but will only run if foot is on the gas. it pops or maybe backfire from the intake. i have pick up my truck from the shop because these so call master mechanic is anything but. need help!!!!

tom4bren
02/05/2013, 07:21 AM
It sounds to me like they didn't get the timing set right.

Triathlete
02/05/2013, 08:07 AM
It sounds to me like they didn't get the timing set right.

X2...timing is not right which means they didn't get the timing belt/marks lined up correctly. Print up Barts how to. It has excellent pics of how everything should be lined up...take it and show your "mechanic".

alo247
02/05/2013, 04:01 PM
thanks guys will send out to them. if anyone knows of a good isuzu guy in the orlando area let me know.

Jolly Roger VX'er
02/07/2013, 03:28 PM
X3.........been there done that....get the timing correct. In my case the mechanic got the left bank correct and the right bank was off...but, in his defense, he produced other mech's forum postings indicating that Isuzu's shop manual is vague at best and many suggest it is out right incorrect. At least mine turned out right in the end. She runs like a banshee now!

alo247
02/22/2013, 08:12 AM
quick updates, one side of timing seem to be off by half a tooth, shop has re-setup but still off so they feel the machine shop may not have set up correctly so they are disassembling engine and assembling it back, inspecting as they go alone to make sure thing were set correctly. hopefully that work. will keep everyone updated

alo247
03/04/2013, 04:40 AM
well this is whats up now, new mechanic found that machine shop had the cam's in the wrong order, left to right and right to left. so they were lining up to the wrong marks. truck runs but will not go into drive but that is because a lot of trans was lost, got some in last night but will take to a shop to fill up today.