PDA

View Full Version : Winow motors

sublemon
01/31/2013, 03:31 PM
Hi All, I used to be a member of this forum and have rejoined. I still have a 99 with about 58K miles.

So, my window motors are shot after years of binding problems. Does anyone have true part numbers for these? Or something that will work? On the internet it looks like cardone 47-4308 and 47-4309 are remanufactured part #s, but someone said they got one and it was wrong. I guess I could pull them and send them to be rebuilt, but seems would rather get some before taking the doors apart.

Any help appreciated. I need both sides...

VX KAT
02/01/2013, 12:00 AM
Try calling Merlin at St. Charles Automotive in Missouri.
He's kind of our favorite Isuzu parts guy, ask for Merlin in Isuzu Parts Dept.

Merlin
St. Charles Automotive (formerly and Isuzu dealership)
MISSOURI
(800) 727-8066

St. Charles Automotive Group Website:
http://www.stcharlesautoparts.com

Website has same prices Merlin will quote you, and free shipping is also the same.
Great to look up part/s and schematics you need, then call Merlin.

Their prices are good, but his vast knowledge of the VX and all things Isuzu make it definitely worthwhile to buy thru him. He's worked there for about 14+years, knows everything!
He can also tell you whether the part is available in a U.S. Isuzu warehouse or if it has to come from Japan, and that's about 6-8 weeks.

He's very familiar with our forum and knows many people so mention you're on it.
Call until you reach him "live", he's not much on email or voice messages.
Great guy!

Here's the 2 window parts you may need:

WINDOW REGULATOR
[ 8 ] BODY HARDWARE / DOOR / GLASS & HARDWARE / Window regulator
window regulator Right

MSRP …. Core ? ... Online Price
$112.83... $0.00... $95.91

WINDOW MOTOR
[ 11 ] BODY HARDWARE / DOOR / GLASS & HARDWARE / Motor
motor Right

MSRP ... Core ? ... Online Price
$252.52... $0.00... $214.64

http://www.trademotion.com/schematics/4/4628365.gif

HOW TO REMOVE DOOR PANEL:
http://www.vehicross.info/modules.php?name=Content&file=viewarticle&id=22

44ficus44
02/01/2013, 01:12 AM
i agree with vx kat... it took autozone and orrileys 3 times to get me a motor and all 3 were the wrong one... i had to look for one online. but merlin is the way to go.... beats running around to return the non fitting part

sublemon
02/01/2013, 07:31 AM
yeah, i may have to bite the bullet and buy the new motors, instead of rebuilt, which seem like could be a bit of a headache. Wouldn't mind saving half the price. I may pull them and see if I can fix them myself though, I saw some info online about a way to do that (different vehicle though). Gonna probably grab those metal mounting clips as well. But the work will probably have to wait until it warms up, I am east coast...

tom4bren
02/01/2013, 07:58 AM
I have a spare drivers side motor & may end up with a spare for the passenger side too. I won't be ready to part with either until this spring. If you're still looking then, lemme know.

sublemon
02/01/2013, 08:58 AM
I have a spare side motor & may end up with a spare for the passenger side too. I won't be ready to part with either until this spring. If you're still looking then, lemme know.

Thanks -- I probably won't do anything for a while but will keep that in mind.

Leon R
02/05/2013, 01:08 PM
I just ordered Cardone PN 47-4308 from Advance Auto part for $106 (after 20% discount that they often have for online orders). The motor was a perfect match for driver's side and looked brand new! Though, it didn't have a proper lectrical fitting (I had to reuse the old plug).

If I had to do it again, I would check with Merlin first. Bur if you had to order 47-4308, it is, in fact, a correct part (for DS)!

VX KAT
03/31/2013, 10:15 AM
My driver window just started acting hinky…Sometimes will work, sometimes not.
Sometimes if I slam the door a few times i'll work, sometimes not.
I have no binding/resistance and no jumping track.

Think it's a fluky electrical connection, or the motor??
Any tips?

VX KAT
03/31/2013, 11:37 PM
My driver window just started acting hinky?Sometimes will work, sometimes not.

Any tips?

anybody? Buehler? Buehler?

tom4bren
04/01/2013, 04:40 AM

Any tips?

Hinky???

Hinky is as hinky does (say that with your best Forest Gump voice).

Somebody recently posted about windows not working (Coastie maybe???). IIRC it ended up being a relay behind the kick panel on the drivers side. That would be my best guess.

bartmanS4
04/01/2013, 09:52 AM

Any tips?

Could very well be the motor gears binding. You can pull the door panel and get it in a non-working condition then with the switch engaged tap on the motor with a hammer or a wrench. If it starts moving it's the motor gears binding and then being jarred free. The problem with intermittent failures is you can never get them to fail when you want the to. I think it is likely after many years of our motors struggling against misalignment and friction that the gears, bearings, and bushings will be worn and allow for binding. To do this test is free however, Tom's suggestion to replace the relay may be a better first troubleshooting step since it is easier and relays are cheap.
Let us know what you find out.
Scott

Leon R
04/02/2013, 05:20 PM
How is it "not working"?

VX KAT
04/02/2013, 06:05 PM
How is it "not working"?

um, window not going up or down :_thinking

Leon R
04/02/2013, 06:46 PM
Is it trying or nothing, at all?

VX KAT
04/02/2013, 07:08 PM
Is it trying or nothing, at all?

It doesn't make any noise at all, nothing seems to be happening or trying. And it may stop anywhere along the track.

One more detail, it does NOT stop when I'm actively pushing/pulling button. It's when I NEXT try to use it, it acts dead.

Leon R
04/03/2013, 09:29 AM
If there is a mechanical bind in the system (be it in the regulator, or in the motor, itself), you should see/hear something (click, jerk, or dimming of the ligthts). If there aren't any signs, this is likely elecrical in nature.

But if it is intermettent, this might be more difficult to isolate. I would start by checking voltage at the motor.

VX KAT
04/05/2013, 11:16 PM
Phew, simple fix! Turned out the wiring harness had come unplugged ….:_thinking how the h3!! did that happen?
I clicked it back in then tried to remove it … it's really hard to push that release button.
So I'm thinking I must not have engaged it completely when I installed my new bezel about 4 months ago and it just got vibrated out.
Thanks all! :thumbup: