PDA

View Full Version : Roxie & other stuff

geshaw30
01/20/2013, 10:22 PM
Been a while since I stopped by to say hello. It's always good to see names from the early days of .info

For those who had met my earlier (English Bulldog) co-pilot Sammi from years ago I wanted to let you know Cary & I found her sucessor--Roxie.

On another note- I'm getting ready to sell a very special VX. My '99 has Tone Monday's fingerprints all over it as he (along with alot of help form those who made it out to my place) installed a bunch of mods over the years. Eventually I'll post details on it as the time draws closer. My reason for selling is my pending police retirement and Cary & I are looking at a FX35 for traveling. It will probably be listed for 9k if I'm forced to use Craiglist (of which I'm not a big fan). I would rather sell to someone here. Some of you that have been here a long time can attest to her condition. I'll post here before I do anything with her.

VX crazy
01/21/2013, 04:49 AM
Bitter sweet here, I have known George since 2002, and his VX is pristine, worth more than most other VXs because of George, he is quite anal when it comes to maintenance! In the early days we had a Houston meet several times a year to actually do stuff to our trucks, only later did it turn into just dinner/drinks and getting together with great friends....cuz all the modding was done lol. George, sorry to see you leave, but with all good things, there must be an end.......I drove mine to work today to keep all the fluids moving! ALSO George has flashing red and blue valve stem caps, or did you take those off?? ;)

geshaw30
01/21/2013, 01:07 PM
Sorry Lisa but those bad boys lasted just long enough for y'all to laugh at me going down I-45. You got me good sneaking on those nasty little things (although I do admire quality stealth work). I remember going home wondering why people were looking and pointing at my tires.

pbkid
01/22/2013, 06:30 AM
Congrats on the retirement and the new pup! Sorry to see you go, but best of luck in your future ventures. Good choice on the FX, i think thats our next vehicle in our family.

Good luck with the sale.

JULIAN911
01/22/2013, 11:12 AM
Don't do it George ;)

I hope you will still hang around this site so we can stay in touch. It has been a while since we all have gotten together and now I have 2 boys (4 and 1 1/2), and one of them is a regular VX rider :bgwb:

Julian

geshaw30
01/22/2013, 09:20 PM
Greetings Julian. Hard to believe that first born of yours is that old. Mercy it's been awhile. We'd really like to visit y'all sometime soon.

As to my VX- fear not. I'm only going to sell her to someone I know will take care if it (thus one of my many reasons for loathing Craigslist). I'll keep her in the garage until the right person comes along. I suspect it will be someone who frequents here often.

Take care old friend and holler at me when we can get together.

tom4bren
01/23/2013, 06:33 AM
... my pending police retirement and Cary & I are looking at a FX35 for traveling.

If your travels take you over here to the East Coast, lemme know. I'd be happy to host Y'all or meet up somewhere.

I understand your logic in looking for a more comfortable traveling rig. The thought of getting rid of the VX though sends a cold chill down my spine. Best of luck with your endeavors.

LittleBeast
01/23/2013, 08:24 AM
We will miss you George :-) Fx is awesome though. My parents each have one of those. A black one and a white one, haha.