PDA

View Full Version : Darlington gets high tech on our sorry butts

tom4bren
01/18/2013, 07:03 AM
http://www.4x4wire.com/news/darlington/UBSKIDDERZ/

I know this is irrelevent for VehiCri but I thought this concept very innovative. KUDOS Joe!

rsteinmetz70112
01/18/2013, 08:07 AM
You do realize that Press Release is dated June 3, 2000, don't you.:yeso:

BigSwede
01/18/2013, 08:07 AM
That release is from 2000, but I'm sure he would make some for you if you PM him on the Planet...

tom4bren
01/18/2013, 09:07 AM
You do realize that Press Release is dated June 3, 2000, don't you.:yeso:

It matters not a bit if the news is old if the news is new to me!!!:)

But no, I didn't pay attention to that. I really don't have a life so I'm always impressed by innovative (& relatively simple) solutions to age old problems ... even if I don't currently have an application for it.

BTW, did you hear that they've finally been able to synthesize the active ingredients of the cambium layer of willow bark for relieving pain ... it's being touted as a miracle drug ... they're calling it asperin.

Scott Larson
01/18/2013, 09:34 AM
Really, how does that differ from aspirin?? :_confused :rotate:

tom4bren
01/18/2013, 10:44 AM
Shut up!

You honestly think that if I knew how to spell, I'd be working for the Government???

BTW, I knew it looked wrong but it wasn't important enough (my jokes rarely are) to look it up.

Triathlete
01/18/2013, 03:57 PM
I heard that they put a man on the moon!

JoFotoz
01/18/2013, 04:09 PM
Nope....
I heard that they put a man on the moon!

....it was a pair of "crisis actors" strolling around a paramount set.

:rolleyes:

Jo

Triathlete
01/18/2013, 04:38 PM
What was the name of that movie? Was it Apallo 13?

Joe Darlington
01/19/2013, 04:49 AM
UB Skidderz was what started it all, it was the first product I built (mostly because I got tired of cutting the ubolts off when I wanted to remove the spring plates) and a couple hundred bumpers, boulder bars, ball joint spacers, and diff drops later I am still at it...:)

VX KAT
01/19/2013, 08:54 AM
It matters not a bit if the news is old if the news is new to me!!!:)
I really don't have a life so I'm always impressed by innovative (& relatively simple) solutions to age old problems ... even if I don't currently have an application for it.

Sounds like Tom has invented a new activity called "mind hoarding" :p

tom4bren
01/22/2013, 05:02 AM
UB Skidderz was what started it all, it was the first product I built (mostly because I got tired of cutting the ubolts off when I wanted to remove the spring plates) and a couple hundred bumpers, boulder bars, ball joint spacers, and diff drops later I am still at it...:)

Not to nit-pick a great idea but why didn't you taper the leading edge? Seems like it might help on the rare occasion when you encountered a rock with it.

Sounds like Tom has invented a new activity called "mind hoarding" :p

ROFL. I reached critical mass mentally before I ever gradumicated college. This little gem will probably be forgotten as soon as the thread is no longer on the front page.