PDA

View Full Version : Transmission

vx69
10/24/2003, 09:23 AM
I have been looking around at different options for transmissions in the future, and although i know that it will probably be about a year to a year and a half before I need a new one I have been looking. My transmission is fine, but I already have a SC and I am going to be putting more mods on the vehicle to get more power, I have talked with some local shops, and I can probably get 300 hp out of the engine with out severly affecting dependibility as long as I up grade some of the internals. An as most of us know our transmission is not rated for 300 lb. ft. But my question for any one out there that knows about transmissions is. Are Transmissions pretty universal, other then the room under the vehicle, and the electronics needed for some automatic transmissions? I am pretty sure I want to go to a manual and but I don't know if it is possible. Are there any issues I need to know about other then fitting the transmission under the vehicle?

I have used the search but I found very little info on this topic.

vx69
10/24/2003, 09:34 AM
Sorry guys, I did the search yesterday, and the post about the new GM transmission came up today, I should of looked, But if any one else knows info. I would like to learn all I can.

WyrreJ
10/24/2003, 07:07 PM
Might want to ask Tone about the AutoTrans High Stall Torque Converter Mod -

http://tonemonday.com/accessories.htm