PDA

View Full Version : GoPro Camera

LeglizHemp
01/03/2013, 05:40 AM
i just got this camera last week. it is very cool. i think some people on here would love to have this to make off-roading video's. check it out.

http://gopro.com/

HeckaTrebeka
01/03/2013, 05:53 AM
Yeah, I've been looking at gopro's as well as contour cameras. The cool thing about the contour is it's a little more aerodynamic and less clunky than the gopro.

VxSport
01/03/2013, 06:01 AM
I was boarding up at Copper Mtn (CO) on New Years Day, Alot of people must have received these for Xmas. I saw at least a 100 of these things straped to helmets.
Yery Cool Toy

LeglizHemp
01/03/2013, 06:16 AM
this thing has alot of power. cinema quality video. if i could afford a 2nd one i could shoot in 3D. check the owners manuel. i love the wireless remote control.

http://d3m6eq123hajy2.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/HERO3_UM_Black_ENG_FINAL_Web.pdf

Triathlete
01/03/2013, 07:21 AM
Cece had one in Moab a few years ago and posted up some videos here. :)

ibmx2
01/03/2013, 07:25 AM
we have one at work, that i use at home
its a blast !!!

ND92
01/03/2013, 09:56 AM
I had one on my windshield at Moab last year. I have around 28 hrs of moab video that I still haven't edited :P
I recently bought another hero 2 during Boxing Day, came with the wifi backpack and remote for $219. So hopefully if I can make it to Moab this year then ill make some 3D video.

Triathlete
01/03/2013, 10:10 AM
I had one on my windshield at Moab last year. I have around 28 hrs of moab video that I still haven't edited :P

Uhmmmmm, what are ya waiting on? :)

RickOKC
01/03/2013, 09:13 PM
Uhmmmmm, what are ya waiting on? :)I have a GoPro so I can guess the answer to that. :uhohgray:

- Transferring the videos from the memory card to the hard drive takes quite a while. :(
- Converting the videos into something you can edit takes a quite while. :(
- Editing takes a quite while. :(
- Uploading the finished video to YouTube takes a loooonng time. :(
It's a big commitment on time! :o

Some GoPro tips I've learned that helps:
* Keep the original recordings short to reduce file transfer / conversion / editing time.

* If nothing notable/interesting has happened for a while, cover the lens with your hand for a few seconds and stop recording. That way you can fast forward to the end of each recording and "the hand" will be an indication that you can just delete a boring, throw-away video. (Of course that requires having the camera mounted inside within reaching distance.)

* My favorite interior mount so far is the simple flat base plate & quick release buckle with the camera set in the upside-down mode. The only bad part is the buckle is pretty flimsy and replacements are not cheap. You have to buy a pack of mounts that include lots of other things you don't need - fortunately they are about 1/2 price on Amazon right now. Oh yeah, and if you have the LCD BacPac, the image on the LCD is always upside down. Not that it's a big deal since you will only use the LCD to aim the image the first time - it's just weird that GoPro didn't think that through.

* Get the skeleton housing so you can change out memory cards without having to remove the camera from the standard housing. It also has an opening on the other side so you can keep the battery charger connected to the cigarette lighter. Battery life is without being on a charger is about one hour, but a 32 MB memory card will hold about 4-5 hours of video. (Make sure you have a FAST Class 10 card if you have anything newer than a Hero1.)