PDA

View Full Version : interior & seat swap?

frakkin toaster
01/01/2013, 01:59 AM
i may have found an ironman ed vx for my wife (really for me ;)), but anyway, she hates the color red. i was wondering if anyone would be interested in the red door panels, seats, etc. would like to swap for the black/gray, but not tan/brown.

idk, it may not be worth it and maybe i should just wait for the right one to come along. how big a deal is it to do this? maybe there is a place i can get the parts if no one's interested? thx in advance.

Mile High VX
01/01/2013, 08:43 AM
So you'd be looking at the door panels, front and rear seats, steering wheel and the spare tire cover knobs.

Shipping would be a beast so you would likely want someone local...Greyhound might make the shipping more reasonable but you're still looking at several hundred dollars I would think.

If you choose someone not local you will not have your ride while you ship your interior out and wait for the other to return...but you could make a trip to Moab and maybe get it done there...:bgwo::bgwb::bwgy::smilewink

All the swap pieces are easy with the steering wheel being the most time consuming but it's not hard.

New steering wheel on Ebay is about $100 and you can get new knobs from a forum member that are solid and sturdy for $40. The door panels can be painted and you can have the red leather inserts changed to grey by a local interior shop. Get a quote and see what works best for you.

Triathlete
01/01/2013, 08:58 AM
Leather dye! :)

frakkin toaster
01/01/2013, 08:33 PM
ok...just thought the red interior parts were valued more and that ppl would want it.

VX KAT
01/01/2013, 10:23 PM
ok...just thought the red interior parts were valued more and that ppl would want it.

No, don't think so. In past 2-3 yrs, the gray/black seats come up for sale much less often than the red/black. A member here (surflife) bought an Ironman back in '10 (I think) and had the used car dealer do the interior swap for him. He subsequently sold it not too long afterwards…don't know where it ended up.