PDA

View Full Version : re: Rear Adzest 2 din

ameetw
10/24/2003, 02:14 AM
Hi... does anyone has any information on the Japanese adzest 2 din monitor? I need to know what it looks like at the rear of the unit. I wanna connect a VCD/MP3 player to it from the rear if it is possible.
Thanks for the info.

Ameet

dutchie
10/24/2003, 02:56 AM
I`ll check it out for ya..will post tomorrow!

ameetw
10/24/2003, 03:04 AM
Thanks Dutchie.... you're the best!!!

Ps. I went to the Addzest homepage www.addzest.com page but could not down load the PDF file. What is the model number if anyone knows?

Is there a Audio and Video RCA input at the rear of the unit?

Thanks

Ameet

ameetw
10/28/2003, 03:54 PM
Hi Dutchie, Any luck... I'm already planning to add a VCD unit, but not too sure on the specs.. the unit is a cheap one VCD/CD/MP3 and what not.... Akai brand, it's about $150 USD

Of course i'll check out the Quality first...

Ameet

dutchie
10/28/2003, 03:57 PM
ooops sorry:o , I`ll have to ask one of the Japanese owners, since there`s no pic of the back in my information package.
I`ll get back to you asap!

dutchie
10/30/2003, 07:58 AM
Ameetw,
Come to think about it...yes of course it`s possible!
I have a navigation system connected to the back!

ameetw
10/31/2003, 12:05 AM
Is it an aftermarket navigation unit?
Actually what I plan to do is to have a head unit which can have a video output like a VCD unit connected. I wanted the CD changer but that would mean giving up space for the changer at the rear of the car unless you can think of another place to place it. Big luggage.... ouch! Don't wanna smash the little thing.
So the plan is to have a VCD/MP3/CD-R all in one unit. DVD is too expensive at the moment.
There is a hard disk option like the sony unit, I wonder if any of them can play mpeg movies. Now that would be cool. Just download the movie and play!!!

Thanks

Ameet

dutchie
10/31/2003, 02:25 AM
Hi ameetw,
No it`s an addzest and so is my cd changer...
I don`t know if different brands are compatible....I guess you have to try it to know it, at least the connection possibilities are there;)

ameetw
02/14/2004, 08:03 AM
Ok, I removed the complete unit. It is strange, The rear of the unit has 3 RCA outputs, 1 Video and 2 audio, 4 mono jacks looks like the earphone jacks. 3 black colour and 1 red. (not sure what are these) and 1 antenna jack.
I am really surprised how do you input the picture from the sat/nav system? Can one use the video input from the front when driving?

Thanks

dutchie
02/15/2004, 02:15 AM
Can one use the video input from the front when driving?

sure baby;) You can use it for a portable DVD player, extra cam..!

ameetw
02/15/2004, 05:04 AM
I've opened the system, and found that there is a grounding wire that you have to connect. The original setup is when you pull the hand brake, the wire is grounded, so you can view the LCD. When the brake is released, the contact is lost so the blue screen audio only appears.
Was a 5 minute job. Next, how to connect the SAT/NAV system to the head unit. Where is the input..??
Can I swap the Nav input with a CCD camera??? so still leave the Vid and Aud jacks free???

Dutchie, Naoki has a nice sunglasses holder.... i want one.... !!! Could you please ask him?

Thanks a mill.

Ameet