PDA

View Full Version : Great old Tone article

JMNY
12/25/2012, 08:48 AM
Don't think anyone that has been on this forum needs to be told who Tone was.....or reminded about how much impact he had on plenty of VX owners and their rides. I unfortunately could not afford one when he was around....but his ideas, influences and more played a part in me wanting one so badly.

This Article should help everyone understand how special Tone was and also how special our vehicross' really are and how lucky we are to own such a unique and special vehicle.

Enjoy the article and story. It's from 3/21/01 and posted by Mark Griffin. I just read it for the first time!

http://www.planetisuzoo.com/articles.htm?id=23&Planet_Member_Wrecks_V

Ldub
12/25/2012, 09:51 AM
Fondly remembered, RIP Tone.

Thanks for the trip down memory lane...:yesgray:

HeckaTrebeka
12/25/2012, 09:53 AM
That was a pretty awesome article. Really shows the versatility of our VX's. I wasn't able to experience Tone's glory and really wish he was around longer. He didn't look that old from the picture I saw. It's a shame...

VxSport
12/25/2012, 10:52 AM
Great article for sure... Like other new members (recent years), I never had the chance to meet him. However most of us have read his posts and followed some of his instructions.
I have one of his parts on one of my rigs.

thanks for posting the article

Merry Xmas to all

Scott Larson
12/25/2012, 07:31 PM
Tone was the VX God/Guru...I didn't know him but I sure as hell respect the man. Rest in peace sir...and thanks JMNY for the reminder. :heart: :driver:

Baldwin
12/25/2012, 08:35 PM
I met him after I got my VX in 2000. Went to Dallas for work and met up with Tone. What a guy. He knew his stuff and he knew that he knew his stuff. So glad he was one of us and a true OG. I hope he is smiling down on us this Christmas. Go farther.

PHO2GR4
12/26/2012, 08:27 AM
Tone flew all the way out to Seattle for a VX meetup back in the early 2000s, and I stayed in touch with him thereafter. By unhappy coincidence, I moved to Austin, TX pretty much just in time to attend his funeral.

He was quite a person. One of the "good guys". And there was much more to admire about him than just his passion for VXs. He died far too young.

Scott Harness
12/26/2012, 09:53 AM
Met him...Wheeled with him...Good man...RIP Tone