PDA

View Full Version : It's 12/22/12 and I'm Still Here

bartmanS4
12/22/2012, 08:08 AM
Well the apocalypse came and went without incident. Kind of disappointing eh? I was hoping the zombie's would begin their take over. Oh well, back to the daily grind.
Other thoughts:
Any of you prep'ers/ zombie killers out there should consider a diesel conversion. Once the fan is clogged with shyte diesel would definitely have a lot of advantages. Mileage and ability to produce your own fuel for two but also more likely to survive an EMP. Not that I really believe that we face a doomsday scenario anytime soon but, events in the last decade show how quickly society starts to break down.
I know there has been some talk about doing the diesel conv. but it seems like too much downside to me. I know HP ratings don't translate in gas to diesel comparisons but does anyone know what the butt meter tells you? Anyone ever four wheel with a diesel Trooper? What can you Jackaroo folks tell us?
Cheers,
Scott

Ldub
12/22/2012, 08:48 AM
Still here too...:thumbup:

Though I still see what appear to be zombies, every time I go to wal-mart...:uhohgray:

I once owned a Trooper T/D, the little 4 banger that could.
It wasn't what you'd call "snappy" with regard to acceleration, but it would usually get you pretty close to the speed limit by the end of the on ramp...hammer down...fully.

I later sold it to my wheelin' bud, Big Jim.

He wheeled it on our first trip to Moab with no problem. Even though it had no lift, it did have 31" tires IIRC, which helped some, he was even able to run "cliff hanger", which by anyone's measure, is a pretty gnarly trail to test your rig.

As can be seen, he's still got a little Cap'n (Morgan, that is) in him.

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/WEDDING_PICS_07_369.jpg

Even though he's moved on to a more "civilized" ride (2nd gen 3.2L gas Trooper),
he still misses that little diesels ability to "chug" around the trails.
That's it on the right.

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/DSC00552a1.JPG

Triathlete
12/22/2012, 02:35 PM
I miss the little red troop that could! Jim ran every trail I ran that year without fear. That little troop surprised a lot of people. I remember when we were on the "exit" obstacle of cliff hanger a large group of jeepers and built toyotas stuck around to watch the zu show. When Jim made it to the top they all cheered and clapped! It was pure awesomeness!
Dub, I am pretty sure those tires were way under 31s...they were stock. I am thinking maybe 29s.

Ldub
12/22/2012, 03:45 PM
I miss the little red troop that could! Jim ran every trail I ran that year without fear. That little troop surprised a lot of people. I remember when we were on the "exit" obstacle of cliff hanger a large group of jeepers and built toyotas stuck around to watch the zu show. When Jim made it to the top they all cheered and clapped! It was pure awesomeness!
Dub, I am pretty sure those tires were way under 31s...they were stock. I am thinking maybe 29s.

Could very well be Billy, I forgot that was the size I had on it when he took posession, he prolly had different ones on by that time.

Yeh, I've known the dude for nearly 40 years...don't recall him ever smiling bigger or feeling the love more, than when the crowd "literally went wild" as he crested the last set of stairs...:thumbup:

"As the clutch smoke cleared, a fit looking man, near the front of the crowd, was overheard to say: "that was the little red Trooper that could"...:smilewink"

The kind of offroad memories that always make me smile...BIG..:D

FlyingV77
12/22/2012, 04:50 PM
The world DID end, the government just covered it up

Ldub
12/22/2012, 06:05 PM
The world DID end, the government just covered it up

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/30956891.jpg

Gussie2000
12/22/2012, 06:31 PM
The best of all.......we all still here !!!!