PDA

View Full Version : VX Repair Manual/CD

VX4EJR
11/01/2002, 07:07 AM
I would like to inquire about this VX repair CD often found on E-bay (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1871393508) and whether or not someone has one or has actually seen it? Is it just PDF screenshots of those popular Isuzu VX repair pages?
The description on E-bay makes it out to be something totally different. If anyone has a copy or knows what I'm talking about, info would be much appreciated!! (or how one could get it without paying that ridiculous E-bay price)

Elliott
01 Kaiser Silver VX
West Chester, PA

Triathlete
11/01/2002, 08:40 AM
;Dy; Do a search here and at http://club.vmag.com/cgi-bin/forumdisplay.cgi?action=topics&number=39&SUBMIT=Go and you may just find the download for FREE!:cool!:

VX4EJR
11/01/2002, 10:04 AM
Thanks for the tip Triathlete......I already tried the search on that board, but no luck there, which is why I posted the message here. The only info that came up was on another VX board that's apparently no longer in service however I've already seen what that one has....just pages taken from an Isuzu VX parts manual.

johnnyapollo
11/01/2002, 10:44 AM
Try this:

http://wildtoys.com/vehicross/vx00ESI1.zip

It's on my server so it'll be a little slow. Let me know how it turns out. You'll need WinZip to decompress.

-- John

Tone
11/01/2002, 01:27 PM
Downloaded pretty quickly for me in TX!

Triathlete
11/01/2002, 01:30 PM
But then everything is bigger and faster in Texas! At least thats what I've heard! LOL;Dr;

VX4EJR
11/01/2002, 06:18 PM
THanks johnnyapollo!!!!!!! OK......so I downloaded it, no problem.....ran the unzip......ran the install and got it loaded onto my computer. BUT....when I go to run the program, it's saying there is no CD rom in the drive to run the repair manual CD. Any help there? Is it supposed to launch and run itself when I open the program? It aint doing that. I tried looking for files I could open or see within the unzip, no luck there...pretty much all system files. My computer is running off MS Windows XP with just MS Office XP and a media player on it. Greatly appreciate any help.

:confused:

johnnyapollo
11/01/2002, 08:00 PM
Sorry, should have included a bit more information. The program installs a small initialization program and shortcut on your desktop, and is designed to run from your cdrom drive. You'll need to expand the files and burn them on a CD. Then use the install from the cd and you'll be all set.

-- Best, John

VX Monster
11/02/2002, 11:04 AM
Johnnyapollo,

Is it just an app that navigates you through the page images? Do you have it in a document format instead of as an application (pdf would be great)?

johnnyapollo
11/02/2002, 09:12 PM
Sorry... this is an actual zipped copy of the CD you would buy as a workshop manual. If you were to buy a Hard Copy of the manual, typically, it would be a print-out of this CD (you get two nifty binders for the printed version, though).

It looks like it's in Acrobat format, however the file names are masked. I'm not sure if you'd have much luck opening them as .pdf files. Also, the file names themselves are masked with volumn numbers, so you would have to figure out what you were looking at. Much simpler to load the CD and use it instead.

-- John