PDA

View Full Version : Need Help withTone's Stainless Front Grill

tysamigo
11/20/2012, 05:57 PM
I'm finally getting around to a project, but don't have the instructions. I purchased Tone's Stainless Steel Grill Plates (if that's what you call them) but don't quite understand how I do the mod. Do I cut out the current grill? Does anyone have instructions or know where to find them?

On another note, I can't believe it's been 3 years since he's passed. You know you just move along in life and the next thing you know, something hits you and you realize just how fast life moves on. I didn't know him that well personally but we talked a few times on the phone and I purchased a lot of stuff from him. He was very helpful and seemed to be a well respected, and totally awesome VX'er. Kuddos to you Tone.. I"m sure a lot of people miss you!

His work is just awesome, no other way to put it. If anyone can help, thanks

Ldub
11/20/2012, 07:04 PM
Don't cut anything....

If no one else chimes in, try 3-4 zip ties, through corresponding holes in the grille(s)

Just use the stainless one as an overlay on the stock grille.

vt_maverick
11/20/2012, 07:46 PM
3M Body Tape might work too - shops (and the Isuzu factory apparently) use it in combination with bolts/screws to make panels line up correctly and hold small trim pieces in place. That insert is probably pretty light so the tape by itself should do the job, although using a few zip ties too probably isn't a bad idea.