PDA

View Full Version : "The Mercedes Ener-G-Force looks more like the next-generation Isuzu Vehicross"

joshi
11/19/2012, 06:17 AM
Time to trade in my vehicross ? :o))

From Motor Trend Magazin :
"The Mercedes Ener-G-Force looks more like the next-generation Isuzu Vehicross"

Read the full article here (http://wot.motortrend.com/mercedes-benz-ener-g-force-concept-coming-to-la-previews-2025-g-class-292309.html#axzz2Cg3XQOYn)

Gussie2000
11/19/2012, 06:53 AM
To me it MB Ener-G-force = toyota FJ with fancy/high-end features

tom4bren
11/19/2012, 07:15 AM
interesting read but ... keep in mind that the delta between concept and production can be astronomical.

For instance:

Those bumpers may look good on paper but could never be sold in the good ol' US of A because they don't cut down enough of the road spray from the tires while on wet pavement. Trivial matter but it's going to change the appearance dramatically.

The concept for the body panels serving as hydrogen tanks - again, I don't see that being legal here in our country. Those are crumple zones & hydrogen is explosive under pressure.

Water tanks on the roof - roll over issue big time. Do you know how much water is required to produce enough hydrogen to fuel a vehicle for 500 miles. I don't; but I'm guessing that it's in excess of 50 gal. I can't even imagine driving a vehicle with a 50 gal drum of water over my head.

I'm not trying to piss on their charcoal, but this one sounds like a pipe dream that has very little probability of success (even with 12 years of development).

I really like their concept of an electric motor at each wheel. That sounds like the epitome of traction control ... if you have a controller with enough robustness to properly engage in a wide variety of conditions.