PDA

View Full Version : My passenger window now works..... :)

FenderBender
11/11/2012, 04:56 PM
I finally replaced my passenger side window motor today. It has not worked since I purchased my VX over a year ago. Who knows how long before that. The motor had stripped gears, probably from PO forcing the binding window up.

Special THANKS to VX_Kat for the motor. It works great. :bgwo:

HeckaTrebeka
11/11/2012, 06:18 PM
Congrats! I just got my SBC window brackets in the mail yesterday, so I'll be doing that install to fix my windows. Sometimes you don't really appreciate a working window until you need to run through the drive-thru ;)

VX KAT
11/11/2012, 07:01 PM
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

FenderBender
11/12/2012, 05:36 PM
Congrats! I just got my SBC window brackets in the mail yesterday, so I'll be doing that install to fix my windows. Sometimes you don't really appreciate a working window until you need to run through the drive-thru ;)

Thanks, Yes SBC brackets are on my list. I might try the bungee cord first though. I have to save my $$ for a trailer hitch.

HeckaTrebeka
11/13/2012, 01:17 AM
The SBC brackets aren't too spendy.. $65 will get you the brackets and if you can install them yourself, you're that much ahead! :) I haven't installed mine just yet... procrastination has rules my weekend.

FenderBender
11/13/2012, 05:04 PM
I know they are not that bad price wise and I can install myself but all 3 of our cars seam to want some attention all at once...LOL
Today my VX drivers side rear caliper is hanging up. I just replaced the front one last month. The wife's Audi just got another secondary air pump and needs a window reg....etc. It just never ends lately.:mad: