PDA

View Full Version : Dome Light out

GirlLikeThat80
10/21/2003, 09:47 AM
I just noticed that my dome light doesn't work anymore? Does it have to be replaced?

Anita
10/21/2003, 12:11 PM
It could be the bulb, the wiring or just a fuse. Offhand I dont know which fuse handles the dome light, but I would definitely check for that first.

Randy
10/21/2003, 12:22 PM
I would think that chances are it is the bulb. If a fuse was blown, something else would also not be working as I doubt there is a fuse solely for that dome light.

Good Luck,

GirlLikeThat80
10/21/2003, 01:13 PM
thanks for the info, i hope it's just the bulb and not a fuse. nothing else is wrong.

Raque Thomas
10/21/2003, 02:39 PM
GirlLikeThat - be careful taking the cover off the dome light - it is easy to break off those little tabs that hold it on! If you lean your head back and look up at the lens, you'll see one tab on the side that you push to turn on the light, and two tabs on the other end. Use a small blade (flat head) screw driver and insert it between the lens and light body to release the two tabs, it will then swivel down and the single tab on the other side will come out.

GirlLikeThat80
10/24/2003, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by GirlLikeThat80
thanks for the info, i hope it's just the bulb and not a fuse. nothing else is wrong.

Thanks so much for the heads up, I'm going to look at it this weekend.

MrCrowley
10/25/2003, 07:46 AM
Never had that bulb burn out in the VX yet, but I did have to service the one in my Trooper. same light and everything. I bought a bulb, came home, popped it open, and when I was pulling the bulb out, the light came on. It apparently just vibrated to where it wasnt connected very good. When I moved it around, it contacted. So now I have a spare bulb in the glove box. Try this before you spend money on a bulb. The only lights I have replaced in 3 Troopers and 1 VX is my '88 trooper needed new headlights at around 200,000 miles. Pretty good?

GirlLikeThat80
10/27/2003, 10:13 AM
I'm glad to report that it was just the bulb that needed to be replaced. Thanks for all the help!