PDA

View Full Version : Unca Dub's Moab Fund

Jay Dunford
10/29/2012, 02:40 PM
After reading Larry’s post stating he wouldn’t be able to make the Moab pilgrimage next year I told myself it just wouldn’t be the same without both him and Hunny Girl in attendance. I’ve talked with a few of the old guard and perennial attendees and we are all in agreement that we would like to make this happen for them.

Larry has done so much for our community and individual members with his technical experience and in many cases with parts when needed, both here on the forum and in Moab every year. A lot of this has been done at his expense with no requests or expectations for any kind of payment, just helping out a family member in his words. I feel it only fair to ”pay it forward” a little back at him. Plus, we all know we’re going to need his trailer/VX full of tools to handle any of the inevitable repairs/mods done in the Stoop parking lot!!:bgwo:

It’s this kind of selflessness that makes our little group unique compared to many others out there. I think we have the hotel taken care of and now I’d like to request any additional assistance that anyone else is willing to give for the traveling expenses (gas, food, lodging, etc.) to and from Moab.
PM me and I’ll shoot you my PayPal account and when all is collected closer to the trip I’ll send Larry a pre-paid card for use during the trip.

Thanks in advance for the support.

VX KAT
10/29/2012, 04:46 PM
I'm in Jay! Will PM ya.

Scott Harness
10/29/2012, 05:42 PM
Me too!

pbkid
10/29/2012, 05:56 PM
Ill definately pitch in for this! good on you Jay.

Scott Larson
10/29/2012, 06:40 PM
Hell yeah, even if I can't make it, I'm in; I know he'd do the same for any one of the rest of us! :_beer:

jeeperkate
10/29/2012, 06:43 PM
Yep, I'm in...tie rod in hand :bgwb:

VX KAT
10/29/2012, 06:45 PM
Yep, I'm in...tie rod in hand :bgwb:

:thumbup: I head the whole story! Beyond good on you!!
AWESOME!

Scott Larson
10/29/2012, 06:51 PM
X10!!

That's what makes this forum rock, the members!!

JoFotoz
10/29/2012, 06:59 PM
I'm in :thumbup:...go figure!!

I've lost count of the number of times Dubs selflessly provided parts and helped
put peoples VX's and Troopers back together at Moab...saving them big $$'s..
...and saving them wasted down days on their holiday.

Never mind the help/info/guidance ( and even :argue: !! )
........that he offers here.

Jo

Scott Larson
10/29/2012, 07:02 PM
Without all of the above, he wouldn't be Dub...

Ldub
10/29/2012, 07:03 PM
Y'all have humbled me, beyond any sensible concept of Love, or Fam...:heart:

There is no rational reason any Y'all should be doing this...I may SEEM like a nice guy but...:_thinking

Whatt'r youse guys thinking???...:_confused

I've had speaks with Jay, & have insisted that this is in no way charity, it's his responsibility to keep track of who donates what, & in the future, (I will NOT forget) my debt to the Fam will be repaid in full...with interest...:yesgray:

Once again, I've felt moisture on the corner of my eyes...because of the kindness, & just pure :heart: that I've found in the off road community, & this group in particular...:flower:

I LOVE you all, & Thank You, from the bottom of my heart...:heart:.:yes:

Scott Larson
10/29/2012, 07:06 PM
Awe, don't go gettin' all mushy on us now! :_crying: :flower:

VXorado
10/29/2012, 07:15 PM
I'm definitely in... it wouldn't be the same without "The Dub" in Moab. :noo:

Let's Make it Happen!!!
:jump:

Amy with an "M" would be so disappointed if you weren't there...

VxSport
10/29/2012, 09:16 PM
I am In too. I am going to be the newbie of the group at moab, I will be camping, however I will have enough Prime Rib for EVERYONE. They say the best way to make friends is thru their stomach

Vendetta
10/29/2012, 09:55 PM
Whether I'm able to get there or not doesn't matter. Put my name on the list. The one that isn't being tracked for repayment, at that. Way I see it, Dub has already got equity in that so much of the help he's given others has helped me out downstream.

-V

VX crazy
10/30/2012, 05:54 AM
I know I would maybe not attend if you werent going! Therefore, had to find a way for you to attend!

Scott Harness
10/30/2012, 06:23 AM
I was so worried "WHAT ABOUT THE MOONKIES" now all is right with the world:p

Dumke
10/30/2012, 10:09 AM
Brother Dub Im not going to tell you this and that. Or how it wont be the same without you. I am going to take this time to say thank you. Thank you for the help over the years. Thank you for talking me into going to Moab for my first time instead of Sturgis (sooo glad I choose the right option). Thank you for helping me with the nut I needed when my tensioner pulley seized (yes others helped but stop being greedy its not about you right now). Thank you for also supervising with the whole sponges last year. Also thank you for being my camera man and someone to entertain when my brain gets bored. Thank you for being that calm when a storm of freaking out is brewing on the inside and out wondering if we will get back on the road. So Dub I thank you. Thank you for the experience and the knowledge that has come from knowing you over the years. Moab wouldnt be the same without you.

The stoop wouldnt be the same. Cant wait for the laughs and the stories. Please no scaring this time because last time I peed a little :D (yes i know its fun tho.)

Dub "You are Moab."

Jay pm sent with conditions.

pbkid
10/30/2012, 11:56 AM
Ya, im with the rest of the crew. Dub, you have already paid it forward. Plus, in my neck o the woods, family don't keep track of who owes who, we just make sure everyone is taken care of.

Cant wait to see you and hunny girl in may. :)

Ldub
10/30/2012, 08:13 PM
Y'all are KILLIN me here...in a good way...:heart:

Seriously?...:confused:

Some of you, whom I've never even met face-2-face, willing to help finance the dirt/rock addiction of a bourbon soaked old fat guy?...:_thinking

WTF?...:_confused

You will PLEASE excuse me if a small tear forms in the corner of one or BOTH of my eyes, while I read the niceties posted by my chosen Fam...:flower:

I'm one LUCKY S-0-B, to have such a great bunch of misfits (in a good way), that I'm eternally proud to call my friends...:heart:

Much :heart: to you ALL...:thanx:

Ldub
10/30/2012, 08:20 PM
I was so worried "WHAT ABOUT THE MOONKIES" now all is right with the world:p

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/B1eFunky_01aaa.jpg

No worries Bud...still gots enough leftovers (cept'n 4 ice cream) from last year, to power up "mo0nkee night"...:yesgray:

arcobarco
10/30/2012, 09:18 PM
I will need a little guidance again, but hopefully I won't need to be pulled out of the smallest and most pathetic snow bank by Dub again.
I'm up for this, and can pitch in on this awesome cause.
You can consider this your part of my VX you said I would need to let you take for the service. Now we kn be even. :yeso:

technocoy
10/30/2012, 10:42 PM
I'm away from the forums for a while and when I return what's this...?

No Dub at Moab? Say whaaaaaa?!

I don't get to make that trip with you guys every year, but something about Dub not being there just doesn't seem right. I always live vicariously though his stories and photos of his raunchy *** rig!

I'm in a little closer to the date. Gotta get a few checks up in here!

When are you guys going this year? I'll make sure to get something over to you before hand.

Cheers Dub! Group wouldn't be the same without you around!

Jay Dunford
10/31/2012, 06:10 AM
Wow, what a great response from everyone. I'm blown away by the community we have here. Almost makes me want to go find another VX.:bgwb:

I'll keep responding to everone's PM's and probably just keep bumping this thread every month or so to keep it closer to the top for those waiting until closer to the trip.

Many heartfelt thanks again to all!!:o

JoFotoz
10/31/2012, 04:24 PM
Great job Jay...and I second your thoughts..

Wow, what a great response from everyone. I'm blown away by the community we have here.

The mix of Moab and Non Moab folk says it all.

Jo

Jay Dunford
11/22/2012, 05:07 AM
Thanks again to everyone who has already responded. Just a bump to keep it close to the top.

nocturnalVX
11/22/2012, 05:32 AM
There are a few things that I know for certain. One of these is that we do have a pretty wicked cool group here. Another is that if Cece, myself, and anyone else on the "short list" needed help... The Dude Mr. Moonkie Uncle Dubster would be quick to step forward to lend advice, assistance, and/or instruction. So count me in on this. Cece and I are only going to be passing through Moab this year on our way to California & Hawaii, but we hope to see some of you at The Stoop.

tomdietrying
11/22/2012, 09:37 AM
I don't visit quite as much as I should. Scott told me about this, and I've been on the lookout for it. I'd be happy to chip in.
Peace.
Tom

Etfren
11/23/2012, 11:42 AM
I haven't been around much lately, but I am on board to chip in as well for sure! Wouldn't be the same without you Dub, plus I never got to wheel with you last year so I am looking forward to it this time.

Maddawg
11/23/2012, 02:51 PM
Forgot where I kept my hidden stash (money that is). Hmmm not in the mattress, looked in all my sock and shoes, checked the cereal boxes, tough when you get to my age, lol. Oh hell I'll just write a check (cash it quick).

Ldub
11/24/2012, 03:33 PM
Once again...Y'all give an old man's :heart:, much joy...:thanx:

And I'll reiterate...click (http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showpost.php?p=268951&postcount=20)

Maddawg
11/24/2012, 04:00 PM
Quit saying that. You're only 55 for cryin' out loud. I gotcha by 21 years, I'M the old man.

VXorado
11/24/2012, 04:12 PM
Quit saying that. You're only 55 for cryin' out loud. I gotcha by 21 years, I'M the old man.

Wow, rock on maddawg!!!

Maddawg
11/24/2012, 04:28 PM
Wow, rock on maddawg!!!
Yep I'm living proof that you don't have to roll over and stop having fun once you're past 60. Hell, rode my dirt bike 'til I was 70 and then only stopped because I thought it was prudent. Brittle bones don't heal quickly, ya know??

Ldub
11/25/2012, 07:01 AM

Wow, rock on maddawg!!!

X a factor of DEUCE...:thumbup:

While I don't have as many miles on the clock as you, by comparison to the greater majority of my Moab/VXinfo peers, I'm physically ancient, yet mentally infantile...:dan_ban:

And feel damn lucky to be either and/or both...:dance:

ROCK ON M-D...indeed...:cool:

Maddawg
11/25/2012, 08:02 AM
Hahhahah, know what cha mean bro!

Jay Dunford
01/07/2013, 03:32 PM
Another bump to da top! If there is anyone who has replied here and not PM'ed me that still needs my PayPal email address let me know and I'll forward it to ya!

arcobarco
01/17/2013, 04:05 PM
Now that the meet is closer and recovery from the commercial mayhem in December has occurred, PM has been sent.

Just in case I need the Dub to pull me out of a snow bank again.
I'm donatin to the dollers for LDub program.

kint bear to see der little fella missin out on portant life shapin events.
:thumbup:

Jay Dunford
01/31/2013, 07:16 AM
Bumpity, bump ;)

Vendetta
01/31/2013, 08:47 AM
Where do we stand? Is there a goal amount and a current contribution tracker (anonymous, of course)? You know, like one of those thermometer-lookin things you see at fundraising events?
-V

Jay Dunford
01/31/2013, 03:37 PM
Where do we stand? Is there a goal amount and a current contribution tracker (anonymous, of course)? You know, like one of those thermometer-lookin things you see at fundraising events?
-V

I'm just sending my paypal address to anyone that wants to contribute. There is no goal or limit, trying to keep it as informal as possible. I've had about 10 of the 20 people that indicated they wanted to contribute already do so. I'm going to try and wrap it all up by the end of March and get the fundage forwarded on in plenty of time for the pilgrimage.

Jay Dunford
03/02/2013, 04:47 AM
Bumping this again. I'd like to finish up the collections by the end of the month if that works for everyone that posted or PM'ed their interest and hasn't donated so yet.

Thanks!

Jay Dunford
03/08/2013, 08:57 AM
To the top!!

nocturnalVX
03/08/2013, 01:37 PM
:dance::dan_ban::dance:
:bump:

Jay Dunford
03/14/2013, 04:18 PM
My weekly bump again. 2 weeks to go! Many, many thanks to everyone who has participated.

Ldub
03/15/2013, 03:50 PM
I just wanted to take this opportunity to say a heart felt :thanx: to all my VX kin...y'all are the best bunch of friends that an old fool like me could EVER hope to associate with...:yesgray:

I have no idea what's in the kitty, as I haven't dared to ask, but if it's anything over ten or twenny bucks, I'm gonna be blown away...:mbrasd:

XXX's, OOO's, & :heart: to all Y'all VX fam...:thanx:

Dub

nocturnalVX
03/15/2013, 05:19 PM
:_beer:

Maddawg
03/15/2013, 06:14 PM
Actually, you hit it right about the middle. It was $15.16. Who contributed the .16 cents. Why we all did.
http://i49.tinypic.com/212ajpe.jpg

Ldub
03/16/2013, 09:37 PM
Actually, you hit it right about the middle. It was $15.16. Who contributed the .16 cents. Why we all did.

You...my, as yet, unmet F2F friend, are a VERY funny monkey...or primate, as tha case may be...:yesgray:

& fwiw, $.16 is prolly more than I'm worth...:slap:

Maddawg
03/17/2013, 04:29 PM
You...my, as yet, unmet F2F friend, are a VERY funny monkey...or primate, as tha case may be...:yesgray:

& fwiw, $.16 is prolly more than I'm worth...:slap:

Not true. Everyone here thinks you're worth yer weight in gold, me 2. So, here's to ya!

http://i45.tinypic.com/axsid.jpg

Dumke
03/25/2013, 10:03 AM
Bumpy to Topsie.

Jay Dunford
04/01/2013, 05:06 AM
OK, the coffers are now closed! A great big thank you to everyone who participated, now off to the bank to get some plastic.