PDA

View Full Version : Everyone Take Care

VxSport
10/28/2012, 03:56 AM
I just wanted to drop a note to all our members out in the Northeast of the US. I have a couple friends that have left ahead of the storm. I have lived thru huricanes down in coastal Tx. No fun.

Check in with us every once in awhile. We will be praying for you.

Cobrajet
10/28/2012, 01:10 PM
I'm ready. :yesy:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/93725352/Sandy%20Storm%20Prep.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4f9nIsLjWs

JoFotoz
10/28/2012, 05:46 PM
Yea..be safe all East Coasters.

jo

vt_maverick
10/28/2012, 06:48 PM
So I move away from Hampton Roads thinking I'll avoid flooding, only to now receive a forecast for hurricane-related snow. Crazy...

JMNY
10/28/2012, 09:17 PM
Right by me.....just hoping they are wrong!

Everything is away, generator is ready and Killer Bee is in the garage!

Now...we want it to miss us!

Triathlete
10/28/2012, 09:38 PM
And L.A. had a bit of a shake today!
The sky is falling, the sky is falling!

Scott Larson
10/29/2012, 05:39 AM
And December 21st is less then two months away, the end is near!! Best of luck riding out the storm guys, us inlanders will be watching the news and thinking of you! :thumbup:

tom4bren
10/29/2012, 05:41 AM
So far just breezy & rain.

I spent most of Saturday getting ready: re-dug ditch on side of house (DOT responsibility but I was under-whelmed the last time they did it), cleaned out sump pump, cleared drain beside driveway, took down Haloween decorations that might blow away, cleaned gutters, strapped down sunroom, took down flag, moved RV into driveway & out from under trees (hey, we'll be living in it if we lose power), gassed up cars & RV, ...

I'm hoping the storm is over-rated & all my hard work was for nothing.

They did close Fed Gov't in this area though so now I get to try & get back to the plumbing job in the Master Bath.

xtrmes
10/29/2012, 01:21 PM
Did the same thing spent all day Saturday cleaning up the yard and putting everything away that can blow away.
Gonna have to watch I just put up a new 20'x22" steel building with 10' side walls to park my lifted S-10 and the VX in. The concrete floor is not poured yet and there's no door so I'm hoping the 50 mph winds don't blow the sides out.
I have plenty of food and I picked up 20 gallons of gas for the generator so I'm ready.

Its raining here now and the winds are already picking up.

Cobrajet
10/29/2012, 01:47 PM
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/93725352/Sandy%20Storm%20tree%20down.jpg

This old willow tree was in pretty bad shape already, so I'm not surprised, or very unhappy, that it blew over. Just hope none of my neighbors trees decide to fall my way.

Marlin
10/29/2012, 01:52 PM
I went out to gas up the VX this morning and pick up some shelves, might as well work on the garage since I am off work. The sporting goods aisle at wally world was empty...lol. Not a flashlight left in that store. Here I am, buying cabinets and shelves. Lady thought I was crazy.

RickOKC
10/29/2012, 06:28 PM
Should have bought exterior paint. That really would have freaked her out!

Vendetta
10/29/2012, 10:02 PM
Massive wind damage and coastal flooding here on LI. Town Supervisor has declared every road officially closed. So pretty much unless your vehicle has lights and sirens (or is a VX) you need to be not driving.

Within literally a stone's throw of my place, there are 4 massive trees down. 3 are completely blocking passage on the road, and the 4th is in someone's living room. Bad scene, but I'm safe and sound and appreciative of the thoughts.

-V

Scott Larson
10/29/2012, 10:21 PM
Good to hear you're OK V, hang in there!!! Thoughts and prayers are with you...

Marlin
10/30/2012, 05:41 AM
Should have bought exterior paint. That really would have freaked her out!

:)

I am pretty sure I had 4 chairs and 2 tables on my patio. I can't prove it, so I will just pick form the collection scattered down the street...lol.

WormGod
10/30/2012, 07:02 AM
Got pretty ugly my way. Powerlines down due to falling trees, flooded roads, and debris everywhere. Work closed yesterday so I just stayed in and kept eye on the house to make sure if it blew away, I could go down with the ship. Today, not so much., Work as scheduled. The drive in was only slight mayhem. Parked the STi since the VX was better suited for some romper stomper action if need be. Good thing too. Drove over quite a bit of nature and man made items. I didnt see any power outages for stoplights or anything on my 30 mile commute in, but according to the news, they are out there. Hope folks arent without power too long. Its a chilly one out there today.

tom4bren
10/30/2012, 02:40 PM
'Cept for babysitting the sump pump - no problems here. Stoopid sump decided that the float switch should go out when most needed. About once an hour I had to go out & shake it to get it to come on. I gave up at about 1AM. No water got in the house though. Float switch replaced today.:smack:

Ldub
10/30/2012, 06:20 PM
Best of luck riding out the storm guys, us inlanders will be watching the news and thinking of you! :thumbup:

X 2...hope all our East Coast VX Fam rides it out with minimal/NO damage.

Vendetta
10/30/2012, 10:03 PM
Safe and healthy but the area has been absolutely decimated. Can't look in any direction without seeing an uprooted tree blocking a road, crushing a car, or cleaving a house in two. No power, no heat, no phones, no internet, need to drive a mile to get mobile service, no gas anywhere, empty ATMs, fistfights at 7-11 over final drops of coffee, all to the soundtrack of emergency sirens, National Guard helos, chainsaws and gas generators... And I have it pretty good judging from some of the images I've seen in the news.

Hope all you East Coasters are well.

And oh yeah, my VX got me places I'd never thought I'd see. And hopefully won't ever again.

Scott Larson
10/30/2012, 10:15 PM
After watching the news tonight and seeing the absolute devastation all I can say is WOW! Wishing all of you out east the best of luck and my thoughts and prayers are with you...:thumbup:

etlsport
10/31/2012, 05:05 AM
Overall we made out ok. 5 downed trees but no damage to the house, shed, or vehicles. Just a busted section of fence that the neighbors insurance will cover. I would normally even fix that myself but they have other claims they are making related to this tree so might as well give myself a break if they are willing to pay for my fence too.

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/medium/1030120841.jpg (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=23028)

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/medium/1030120756.jpg (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/23029)

Day 3 without power at work, i was busy yesterday though, got everything cleaned up except the neighbors tree.

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/medium/1030121548.jpg (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/23030)

VX4EJR
10/31/2012, 07:31 AM
Hey etl, glad you made out ok...aside from the power...I lost power monday night but got kicked back on tuesday night. The downside in my case was stupidity...over the weekend even before the storm I needed to get the VX out and about, it's been sitting for awhile. Needed to jump the battery, no biggy, go to pull out of the garage and whack...backed into my daily driver which I forgot was parked on the driveway right behind the VX. VX back door very bottom is bent in, lower bumper seems fine, I think. Just friggin great, a dumb mistake I cried about even before Sandy showed up.

circmand
10/31/2012, 01:48 PM
Flew in Sunday for work won't be leaving until Friday. So far only issue was loss of internet for awhile at the hotel on Tuesday. Except for that you wouldn't know anything had happened except for stories from other people who weren't so lucky.

Vendetta
10/31/2012, 06:10 PM
Flew in Sunday for work won't be leaving until Friday. So far only issue was loss of internet for awhile at the hotel on Tuesday. Except for that you wouldn't know anything had happened except for stories from other people who weren't so lucky.

Where the heck are YOU staying?

H3_VX
10/31/2012, 07:26 PM
Not bad in NH. Just alot of people without power for a day or so. Mine was out for about 3-4 hours.

JMNY
11/01/2012, 06:57 PM
That is all I can say....the hurricane walloped my current State of NJ and my old home State of NY....where I grew up is destroyed..people washed away and killed by the surges from the ocean. One Mom lost power and was getting water so she put her 2 and 4 year olds in an SUV and started to drive to Brooklyn. While on her way the ocean started to come crashing into land and she evacuated her vehicle - lost the 2 year old and then the 4 year old slipped away....both were found tonight in the marsh - my cousin was on a gas line with me and she received news her friends husband and son were killed when the surge came in and flooded and then collapsed the foundation walls on their home - father (50) and son (20) were both killed.....just two of the horrible stories from this storm.
I lost some pieces of my house (a 10 ft column, ballisters, shingles, my kids trampoline etc.) but everyone is fine and no injuries so we were lucky. Lost power at 3:00pm Monday and came back on today. Thank goodness for my generator, and some luck finding gas. I am glad everyone is well.