PDA

View Full Version : VX/Trooper transmission TRADE question...

SilverBullet75
10/21/2012, 07:31 PM
I'm hoping to buy a late model 5 speed Trooper and TRADE the transmissions between the VX and Trooper. We know the Trooper 5 speed will swap to the VX, but what about the VX automatic into the formerly-manual Trooper? Any reason it won't work?

Also, does anyone know if the manual Trooper ever came with sunroof or leather?
Thanks!
---JIM---

Ldub
10/21/2012, 08:45 PM
Also, does anyone know if the manual Trooper ever came with sunroof or leather?
Thanks!
---JIM---

Sorry to be a nixon here Bro, BUT ...:rolleyesg

I don't think AnY IsUzU ever came with a leather sunroof...:laughing:

82 pruf rulz...:_beer:

SilverBullet75
10/22/2012, 12:14 PM
My ultimate goal for this Trooper is to make it my "family" vehicle. The VX isn't very easy to get children under 4yrs old into...let alone into child seats.

But, if I'm going to get a Trooper, I really want a sunroof and/or leather. I could live without one or the other.......I suppose... LOL

Triathlete
10/22/2012, 12:40 PM
I would "assume" that the swap would work either way. Small modifications might be nessisary to the linkages and center consule of course. Of course I don't know this as fact though.

tom4bren
10/22/2012, 01:02 PM
You may want to re-read this thread to make sure it's something you want to tackle:

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=21729

Hatfield
10/22/2012, 02:24 PM
I've got a bunch of parts laying around the garage from my Troopers auto>5spd trans swap, let me know if you want any. You should try to pull the auto wiring harness from another Trooper. If it's a 00+, the ecu's are swappable and I can't see a problem with doing this. I don't know about the 98-99s though, might have to do some wiring.

SilverBullet75
10/22/2012, 02:46 PM
You may want to re-read this thread to make sure it's something you want to tackle:

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=21729

Definitely... actually it will be 2x the work (min) since the Trooper will need to be fully functional as well.
;)

SilverBullet75
10/22/2012, 03:00 PM
Hatfield
Thank you!
I'll let you know. It'll be a couple months before I'm ready. I'm in research mode right now.

Hatfield
10/22/2012, 04:44 PM
Let me know if you have any questions about the swap too. It honestly isn't that hard, everything bolts right up. Just time consuming.

SilverBullet75
10/22/2012, 04:55 PM
Awesome. Thank you!
I'm inquiring a bit over on Planetisuzu.com as well. I'd rather obtain a Trooper, but if I have to, I'll just source the parts (which will probably take forever).

chadzu
10/23/2012, 09:32 AM
The trooper was available with both leather and sunroof, but not on models that had the 5 speed. The sunroof is huge on the troopers, basically half of the length of the roof. It is hard to find leather trooper drivers seats that still have decent leather, most are cracked by now.

SilverBullet75
10/23/2012, 09:45 AM
Thank you Chadzu! That's what I needed! On to plan B, or C... I forget.
BTW... I just found leather seats for an Acura SLX (Trooper clone) for $100.
In CA..