PDA

View Full Version : New Jersey/New York/ Pa......Meet...Who is in??

jheyson =)
10/17/2012, 02:33 PM
New Jersey/New York/Pa......Meet

Who is in?
Iam a member since 2010 , and as far as I know the last Tri-State meeting was in 2009. We should have a meeting before the cold weather strikes.

We should gather in a central location that is fair for everybody in terms of driving distance. Any Ideas? Any Places? Restaurants? or anything?

The date that I put is tentative ,and it can be changed if we have an unanimous vote about an specific date and time of the meeting.

I own a 2000 Proton (First car)

My mother owns a 2001 Kaiser

I have a list of owners who may be interested in attending:
(I will send them a private or call some that I may know)

1:Venedetta(NY)

2:Bigblock VX(NJ)

3: Daly (NY)

4:Emma....(NJ) ( She is a lady who I met 6 months ago ,and she is not a
member of the forum)

5:Gussie2000(NY)

6:There is a guy in Tanefly,(NJ) who owns an Ebony(He lives close to my
house)

7:Mike ....He is a guy who owns a lifted Foxfire( I have his phone number)

8: Angeno....He is a member who lives in NJ , and he owns a lifted Ebony.

9:Otto....He is a member who lives in NJ, and I have personally met him. (He has a nice VX)

10:Olex (NY)...He is not a member.He is from Russia ,and he drives a 2000 proton ,and his daughter drives an ebony.

11:Robin(NY)....He is not a member, but I spotted his 99 Astral in a parking lot ,and I informed him about this website.

12: JMNY(NJ)....He is a member ,and he recently purchased a 2001 proton....looks great !! congratulations

......I can't recall all the members nearby ,but Iam sure there are more who will be willing to join.....
In other States VX owners have mettings,,,,It would be interesting to have a meeting in the TRI-State area and other states that want to join,too..

....so ....WHO IS IN?:yesy:

jheyson =)
10/17/2012, 02:40 PM
....By the way, I posted the same thing in the "MEETS" section on Monday night , but It still needs to be APPROVED, so it is not there yet...In the meantime , I posted here in the VX talk section.....

Thanks,

blacksambo
10/17/2012, 04:53 PM
I'm in upstate near Albany. If you want to meet along the Hudson we could come with 2 VX's. I'd suggest the FDR estate or Vanderbilt estate both in Hyde Park, NY, or maybe Woodstock NY in the Catskills. What say?

JMNY
10/17/2012, 05:54 PM
I would love to meet everyone and have a meet.
I would suggest NJ. People in Pa., NYC and Upstate NY could all travel to NJ since it is in between.
If not - fine. Let me know what we come up.
My schedule gets really crazy soon - I coach HS basketball - so hopefully we come up with something soon.

catskilljay
10/17/2012, 07:28 PM
All three states meet @ Port Jervis NY, Montague NJ, and Matamoras PA. Along the beautiful Delaware River. Along rt 97 on the NY side is the famous Hawks Nest. If you havnt seen or driven on it!? there's a plenty of sports car commercials that have! A couple searches could probably find a few. Boy what a nice video we could conger up, having a line of VXs screaming around those S turns :) Im in the Catskills near Woodstock keep me posted, the 99 is ready!

blacksambo
10/17/2012, 07:50 PM
This sounds inviting. Pray for clear weather.

jheyson =)
10/17/2012, 08:43 PM
Great !! there is some interest in a "meet" from what I read,

JMNY is right!! We need to set up a time and date.
In the "MEETS" section, I put "Sunday, November 4th " since it was required to put a date in order to post. It is a tentative date, but It can be changed according to what we decide.

If we choose a Sunday,
We have :

October 28th
November 4th
November 11

Tomorrow, I will call some owners who are not in the forum to let them know ..
..and I will PM other members,too.

We have to decide also the place.....but it is good that we have some good ideas flowing...:yesgray:

xtrmes
10/17/2012, 10:02 PM
I m interested. Saturdays work better for me. I am a member of a Camaro forum that does a multi state meetup like this. It's always held at James Baird State Park in NY right off the parkway real easy to get to for everybody. Its worked well for a number of years and everybody seems to be happy with it. Its right in the center for Mass, CT, NJ, PA and if somebody wanted to come from VT its not to far from there.

It has everything we would need including restrooms.

Day Use Activities - Seasonal:
Playground, tennis courts, volleyball, basketball courts, playing fields, nature center, nature walks, walking/jogging, biking, geocaching.
Food Service: Eagles Nest Catering. Open year-round.

Eagle's Nest Restaurant at James Baird Park - casual dining serving American cuisine.
Dine either inside in our rustic pub or outside on our enclosed veranda overlooking the golf course. Join us for breakfast, lunch or dinner served daily. Open 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. weekdays-Sunday and 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. Friday and Saturday. Catering for all occasions - no party too big or small - let us host your golf outing, birthday party, wedding or shower! Free wi-fi Come and meet your friends at the "Nest" - open daily - call (845) 471-8050
Golf course: Open from 4/2-11/1 (Weather permitting.)
6 am - sunset, daily. Last ticket sold 1 hr. before sunset.
Reservations can be made for weekend and holiday play by calling the reservation line up to 10 days in advance.

For golf reservations, call (845)473-6200.
Park is open daily, sunrise to sunset. There is no vehicle use fee to enter the park.
Reservations and permits are required for groups of 50 or more people and groups arriving by bus.
Picnicking: Available year-round.
Picnic Pavilion: Seasonal rental available.
Comments: Full Shelter rental only.

xtrmes
10/17/2012, 10:04 PM
Heres a link to the map if you want to see where it is.

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=James+baird+state+park&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&ie=UTF-8&ei=c41_UPSSMIzy9gSDloGIBQ&ved=0CAsQ_AUoAg

blacksambo
10/18/2012, 05:35 AM
This James Baird site sounds good, so does Nov. 4th. That's our vote anyway.

mrlarrys
10/18/2012, 06:01 AM
What's in between NJ and NY - Staten Island and they have a few parks near the verrizano Bridge - they even have the marathon there !!

tom4bren
10/18/2012, 09:55 AM
It is a tentative date, but It can be changed according to what we decide.

Caution though. When you change the date or time, it re-sets the poll. Everyone that signed up for the meet before the change will have to sign up again.

Wish I could come but Honey Do list has just gotten too long.

jheyson =)
10/18/2012, 11:24 AM
Hi all...I got 3 private messages from 3 members who are interested. We need to come up with time and location.

Blacksambo is proposing to hace it in November 4th ,wich is a Sunday. Iam ok with that date since it gives some time to get organized ,and get some other members involved.

Xtrms.....Can you make it on that date? I know that you say that Saturdays work best for you ,but I think more members would be available on Sundays...what do you think??

Is Sunday Ok for everybody ??

jheyson =)
10/18/2012, 11:30 AM
Caution though. When you change the date or time, it re-sets the poll. Everyone that signed up for the meet before the change will have to sign up again.

Wish I could come but Honey Do list has just gotten too long.

Hello Tom,
[B]
Thanks for the heads up....

The meet has not been posted to the public yet in the "MEET" section because it has not been approved yet. I think we will use the VXTALK section since there is not a commitment to an specific date but we are leaning towards November 4th , which is a Sunday...

Thanks Tom,.....wish you could join us...

xtrmes
10/18/2012, 04:01 PM
Hi all...I got 3 private messages from 3 members who are interested. We need to come up with time and location.

Blacksambo is proposing to hace it in November 4th ,wich is a Sunday. Iam ok with that date since it gives some time to get organized ,and get some other members involved.

Xtrms.....Can you make it on that date? I know that you say that Saturdays work best for you ,but I think more members would be available on Sundays...what do you think??

Is Sunday Ok for everybody ??

My Sundays are very hard to free up. I might be able to clear it but it also depends on where it ends up being.

Gussie2000
10/18/2012, 04:33 PM
What you guys decide is ok for me,i am in anyways.

Just let me know where and when...i'll be there

jheyson =)
10/18/2012, 07:47 PM
Hi all interested in the meeting!!

These 4 members sent me a message and they are interested in a meeting ,too

Blumblebee
Gustavo
GreWVU
Nypdnarco

Yesterday , I sent around 15 private messages to members who have active for the past 2 months...if we decide a place, and time by the end of this week, I can send more PMs to members in Conneticut and Pa.

November 4th seems reasonable from the feedback that i get from some members...
Now the question is .....Where is it going to be??

Xtrems proposed a good place for a meet in terms of space and availability of food services. By the way, I watched a youtube video of a Camaro meeting there ,and it seems to be an interesting place...

mrlarrys also proposed to get a meeting in Staten Island. By the way, is there any specific place that you would recommed?...thanks for the info.

To be fair, we should vote ,and there is one more thing....This is not going to be the last meeting in the TRI-STATE history....It can be the beggining of a series of meetings for example: 1 in the spring...1 in the summer ....1in the fall..
Having said that, we can pick a place for this meeting ,and the next meeting(Spring) we can have it in a different location to be fair with everybody ,and get more members involved.....

What do you guys think?

blacksambo
10/18/2012, 09:22 PM
Look Saturday Nov. 3rd is okay with us, as well, if that helps, but we're not likely to drive to Staten Island or Long Island or any island for that matter for anything. I thought the James Baird state park sounded promising; but don't just listen to us upstaters. You guys decide.

Gussie2000
10/19/2012, 06:27 AM
Up state NJ or the delaware river area can be the best locations.

But again,i'll be there where ever the location youn guys.

JMNY
10/19/2012, 08:59 AM
I can do the 3rd or the 4th as of right now.

But I will not be able to go to James baird park
I just did the mapquest and it is nearly three hours from my house!
I am open to meeting in NJ, NY or Pa. - but that is really far away for anyone that lives in Central or South NJ as well as anyone from PA that is South. Probably Long Island people as well.
That would also rule out people from further South as well I would think.

Any other options/suggestions?

jheyson =)
10/19/2012, 09:53 AM
The first obstacle in our meeting is choosing a fair place for everybody. I agree with JMNY, for members in the south ,central ,and Staten Island it is a long drive.

What about BEAR MOUNTAIN PARK IN NY? It may be a good option,too

By the way JMNY, I could meet you somewhere in NJ like paramus or hackensack to go together along with other 2 members. I will go to visit 2 members on Saturday to see if they want to go as a group to Bear Mountain (if the place is ok with everybody)

By the way, this Sunday iam going to go to Bear Mountain with some friends, and I will see how is everything over there....

For members in south and central...we can meet in NJ and go together to this place..
Just throwing some ideas...

jheyson =)
10/19/2012, 09:56 AM
By the way, this is the link of Bear Mountain Reservation Park

http://nysparks.com/parks/13/details.aspx

thru da lungs
10/19/2012, 11:27 AM
.... just let me know where and when.

Last time we did it it was in Rockaway NJ.
High Point State Park is nice...

I think the trick is to do this REAL SOON! once the rut starts ... I'm gone!

http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu216/oneshotkill504/deer1227_1-1.gif

jheyson =)
10/19/2012, 12:22 PM
..CORRECTION...

The name of the park is : Bear Mountain State park...located in New York

Sorry...i wrote reservation in my previous post...i meant to say "State" aparently there is another park with the same name in Ct ,,,so the one iam referring is located in NY.

thanks for the correction Blacksambo,

xtrmes
10/19/2012, 04:46 PM
The problem your going to run into is nobody going to be happy with where its at because everyone wants it close to home but thats not possible for everybody. Everyone's just two spread out which would mean you have to travel or have get together s in a few different spots.
So let me throw this out there everybody that wants to go speak up and we will make a list then once that's put together pick a centrally located place. No matter what some people are going to have to drive three hours if they really want to come.

JMNY
10/20/2012, 04:03 AM
I agree. I think we should list some solid options and then decide which makes the most sense. I know I have a drive no matter what because I am further in South Jersey.

But I also think we need to pick a day as well - Saturday 3rd or Sunday the 4th?

jheyson =)
10/20/2012, 05:38 AM
..Xtrms and JMNY are right!! We have to decide solid options soon. Iam ok with
wherever takes place because the point is to have a good time and meet other VX owners.

Iam in!!

So far we have a few options ,so let's speak up and choose something soon, so we have something concrete ....

Let's get the options ,and
Let's vote vote now!!!

JMNY
10/20/2012, 07:05 AM
The great news is that it looks like it is going to happen and we are going to have a meet. There are enough of us in this area that it should be done a couple of times a year. I am looking forward to meeting everyone and seeing other VX's.

So - let's pick the day first - and then lets pick a few spots. We have two options so far - pretty far North. Does anyone have a more centrally located area that they would consider. Again - someone will be really close, but if you are in the middle of the 3 or 4 states...then it is what it is....if you have to drive a little more...that is cool that some VX's can meet and drive together!

By me - the Jackson Outlets - right by Six Flags Great Adventure is an option. Huge parking lot, Food, shopping, etc. They have Car shows the last Friday of every month as well.

Here is an option as well: (I know nothing about it and South of me)
Wicked Rides Winter Lunch Cruise - Tuckerton NJ
Event Title: Wicked Rides Winter Lunch Cruise
When: 11/04/12 12:00 PM
Where: Jersey Mikes Sub Shop - Tuckerton NJ
Description Hosted by: Wicked Rides Car Club
Open to all years and types of vehicles
The 1st Sunday of the month thru March
Information: E-mail - tonys57chevy@aol.com
Street: 415 Rt 9
City: Tuckerton NJ ZIP: 08087

So Jeyshon - what is closer by your area that is nice?
I also think so far everyone is good with both days - so you pick one - you started this event - so based upon your responses you have recieved what day has more VX owners able to attend?

xtrmes
10/20/2012, 07:39 AM
Let me show it to you this way heres a map showing where James Baird State park is. This park is centrally located for all the surrounding states that's why other groups I'm in use it.
So what I would like to do now is everybody that wants to attend do a MapQuest and post it on how long it would take you to get here. If there's allot of members going who would have to travel a longer distance then it can be moved.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v334/xtrmes10/jamespark.jpg

GregWVU
10/20/2012, 07:52 AM
Sunday should work for me. Will check on getting a permission slip from my wife. It will gove me some motivation to tidy up my Vehicross also. Thanks for the invite.
Gregwvu

Gussie2000
10/20/2012, 09:42 AM
@ JMNY So what about any member coming from CT & upstate NY ?

Although i want to keep away from any confrontation i must say :

Six flags is right there in jackson city,very close to you and that has been the main issue for northeast members... THEY DON'T WANNA DRIVE TO MEET and is unfair to ask oher members to drive 1,2 or 3 hours and you proposing a location just around the corner.

Again,i strongly propose an upstate NJ or the border of NY,NJ,PA location for all of us

Just as i did in 2009 in rockaway when we meet back then and every one who attended was happy with it.

For those coming upstate NY,CT PA & eastern NY (such as those living in nassau/suffolk counties is a fair distance to drive.

And driving a VX is the best of owning it so.

But is also very important that any upstate NY,CT or PA that is not seriously thinking to meet step up beforehand and say so so the location can be move to a better one for those who really are gonna meet.

Just my $.02 cents contribution

mdf
10/20/2012, 02:03 PM
I'd be interested

blacksambo
10/20/2012, 07:37 PM
Why not Bear Mountain State Park....spectaucular views and beautiful natural surroundings. Let's not got to a shopping mall, it's so American, muscle cars go there.

VX KAT
10/21/2012, 12:44 AM
Hey Jheyson....PM and email Moncha AND Anita...seems like something is taking too long to approve your poll...maybe it got lost in cyberspace.

You've done an awesome job of rounding up some VXers, y'all are going to have a great time!

JMNY
10/21/2012, 05:30 AM
Gussie - let me re-post - my first two paragraphs - which I think you decided not to understand or just bypass.

The great news is that it looks like it is going to happen and we are going to have a meet. There are enough of us in this area that it should be done a couple of times a year. I am looking forward to meeting everyone and seeing other VX's.

So - let's pick the day first - and then lets pick a few spots. We have two options so far - pretty far North. Does anyone have a more centrally located area that they would consider. Again - someone will be really close, but if you are in the middle of the 3 or 4 states...then it is what it is....if you have to drive a little more...that is cool that some VX's can meet and drive together!

Then I gave a suggestion - because they have car shows there - Jackson is called the "gateway to Philly and NY" because both are an hour a way. Also - so far the two suggestions were very far North - this was a South location. I still think somewhere in the middle works best for everyone. I want Long Island people to have an opportunity to come - as well as the 5 boroughs. So someone in that area selected will be close - but we have to drive. The more VX owners that can make it - the better. If we go way upstate and two VX owners are close and 12 VX owners are driving 2 - 3 hours - that makes no sense. If 2 -4 VX owners are driving 2-3 hours and 15 are within an hour or so and now can make it....why not? You know the Metro area is completely different. I think Jheyson is right and this can really be a big meet. I am originally from NY and I know where live now- I am most likely driving...which is fine. But I Just want to try to get as many VX owners as possible.

Two weeks ago I was trying to get to Delaware to meet other VX owners Vendetta and Tom - and Delaware is not close to me.

I already told Jheyshon we would meet if it is further up and we can convoy together.

I also told him he is doing all the work organizing this (even talking to non club members), he should pick the day and probably the site after the suggestions that come in as to what is a nice spot and closest to most owners. Again, someone is driving further - and since I live here...probably me - which is fine.

So - all is cool - but just wanted you to understand what I actually posted.
Bottom line - looking forward to meeting everyone and I thanks to Jeyshon for working on it.

Vendetta
10/21/2012, 08:49 AM
I'm in. Are we still committed to either 11/3 or 11/4? If so, 11/4 would be less of a challenge, but 11/10 or 11/11 would be much better. If that's not an option, then forget I mentioned it.

I'd greatly prefer a natural setting like BMSP over a shopping mall, but we should plan for both just in case the weather doesn't cooperate. Something with a parking garage would be ideal as a backup plan so we could gather in the middle decks.

Also, will there be any wrenching, tweaking, etc. going on? I can help with HID headlamp conversions and LED exterior lighting replacements (will post elsewhere with complete part numbers from V-LED) - neither of which are exactly rocket science, but still... Also IAC valve cleaning which often solves high idle issues, and some other pretty basic stuff.

-V

Gussie2000
10/21/2012, 09:54 PM
@ JMNY

Say no more.... I gotcha

blacksambo
10/21/2012, 10:10 PM
I'm in. Are we still committed to either 11/3 or 11/4? If so, 11/4 would be less of a challenge, but 11/10 or 11/11 would be much better. If that's not an option, then forget I mentioned it.

I'd greatly prefer a natural setting like BMSP over a shopping mall, but we should plan for both just in case the weather doesn't cooperate. Something with a parking garage would be ideal as a backup plan so we could gather in the middle decks.

Also, will there be any wrenching, tweaking, etc. going on? I can help with HID headlamp conversions and LED exterior lighting replacements (will post elsewhere with complete part numbers from V-LED) - neither of which are exactly rocket science, but still... Also IAC valve cleaning which often solves high idle issues, and some other pretty basic stuff.

-V

A workshop seems a great addition. "All-Terrain World Tourers" (JDM for VX) need not fear the weather, though.

catskilljay
10/22/2012, 05:32 AM

-V
Please please please. I would so much appreciate all of the above stated workshop and help getting my rough ride in good standing with the rest of y'all!!! I still think my idea of the Delaware Watergap where all three states meet would be a great idea. And for us New Yorkers we could sneak into New Jersey and fill up our gas hogs for the trekback :-) Anyhoot Nov 4 sounds good for me and im in no matter where it's decided to meet as long as it's under 2 hour ride!

Vendetta
10/22/2012, 03:45 PM
We need to nail this down so that everyone can plan and map it.

After spending a while doing aerial views on Google maps, I found what I hope is an acceptable location for everyone.

SUNNY: Flat Rock Nature Center (www.flatrockbrook.org/) in Englewood, NJ. Lots of green and likely a warm palate of autumnal hues as well, should provide awesome scenery. Plenty of hiking trails to wander afterwards if you're into that. Might want to bring a camera.

RAINY: Riverside Square Mall (www.simon.com/mall/?id=1228) in Hackensack, NJ. Plenty of covered parking; if we get there early enough we can probably cordon off a far corner of a lower deck in the garage. And anyone looking to get a jump on holiday shopping (yeah, I said it) can spend the remainder of the day at the mall.

They're near to each other and hopefully enough of us that it makes sense. (98.1 miles, 2 hours 4 minutes from where I'll be coming that morning.)

Sunday November 4th at what, 8am? What say you (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_4-rCROcsM)?!

-V

jheyson =)
10/22/2012, 07:09 PM
Hi Vendetta,

Iam in!!!! ...and I think it is an A.W.S.O.M.E idea to do a workshop as well(Good Idea V).

Iam not mechanical skilled , so I can learn from you and other members who are wiling to share some tips. The idea of a "meet" is to have fun, meet more enthusiastic Vx owners ,and appreciate the uniqueness and beauty of our VXs.

I agree with your proposal about the place and date for this "meet", and in the next spring we can choose other location to meet if everyone agrees. We can meet 3 times a year ( Spring, Summer,and Fall) or depending in we agree in the future.

I think we need to decide soon ,so everybody is prepared for that specific date and time.

Is that fine with everybody what Vendetta proposed? Iam Ok with that.

..Hope the weather cooperates and we can have a good time...

We need to nail this down so that everyone can plan and map it.

After spending a while doing aerial views on Google maps, I found what I hope is an acceptable location for everyone.

SUNNY: Flat Rock Nature Center (www.flatrockbrook.org/) in Englewood, NJ. Lots of green and likely a warm palate of autumnal hues as well, should provide awesome scenery. Plenty of hiking trails to wander afterwards if you're into that. Might want to bring a camera.

RAINY: Riverside Square Mall (www.simon.com/mall/?id=1228) in Hackensack, NJ. Plenty of covered parking; if we get there early enough we can probably cordon off a far corner of a lower deck in the garage. And anyone looking to get a jump on holiday shopping (yeah, I said it) can spend the remainder of the day at the mall.

They're near to each other and hopefully enough of us that it makes sense. (98.1 miles, 2 hours 4 minutes from where I'll be coming that morning.)

Sunday November 4th at what, 8am? What say you (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_4-rCROcsM)?!

-V

JMNY
10/22/2012, 07:27 PM
Sounds good - I am in....

Jheyson - have Moncha or Anita given you an answer on posting the meet?

Here we go...looking forward to it!

catskilljay
10/22/2012, 07:35 PM
Englewood New Jersey? Hackensack? With all the beautiful mountainous areas and terrain that some members have mentioned?? This flat rock park seems to have a lot of BS rules and if there's 10 or more "Picnicking" you have to apply for permit 10 days before meet? "No grills, barbeques, or fires are permitted. Alcohol, dogs, and bicycles are also prohibited" I'm surprised that they're site don't say no Vehicrosses. I think we also need need to consider the traffic that some may encounter on a Sunday which could turn that two hours into a four hour trek. And with the Poconos and the Catskills so close? Just saying...

JMNY
10/22/2012, 07:39 PM
Dont know that much about it - someone live close by that can check it out?

OK - at least we know Sunday November 4th - 8:00am - somewhere - we are getting there.....

Vendetta
10/22/2012, 07:54 PM
Englewood New Jersey? Hackensack? With all the beautiful mountainous areas and terrain that some members have mentioned?? This flat rock park seems to have a lot of BS rules and if there's 10 or more "Picnicking" you have to apply for permit 10 days before meet? "No grills, barbeques, or fires are permitted. Alcohol, dogs, and bicycles are also prohibited" I'm surprised that they're site don't say no Vehicrosses. I think we also need need to consider the traffic that some may encounter on a Sunday which could turn that two hours into a four hour trek. And with the Poconos and the Catskills so close? Just saying...
"So close" is relative, CJ. Any location won't work for everybody. But this is a group thing, so if others support a different venue, let's get some alternates from the membership and whoever can make it will make it.

-V

xtrmes
10/22/2012, 09:06 PM
Just looking back through this thread there's only three coming from NJ listed on the board. Don't know about others that sent PM'S. Seems to be allot more coming from the NY area.
And I agree with Catskiljay the park listed doesn't sound to promising. Also a meetup in a parking garage doesn't sound like a great place to me either.

Vendetta
10/22/2012, 09:41 PM
Maybe we're casting too wide a net here? NY plus NJ plus PA is a lot of ground to cover and clearly we ain't gonna please everyone.

But as for the venue itself, I couldn't care less actually. I'll install HIDs and LEDs and scrub IACs all day long for good company. Line 'em up. And yeah, if it's RAINING... I'd say a covered parking garage is kinda ideal to like, not get zapped.

I'm silly like that.
-V

catskilljay
10/22/2012, 09:53 PM
http://youtu.be/jv3ixM2OLLg still jus sayn

blacksambo
10/22/2012, 09:58 PM
Dogs rule! No dogs allowed we can't come, so let's find a dog friendly site. minimally. What's wrong with Bear Mountain? "All terrain world tourers" need space to breath.

catskilljay
10/22/2012, 09:59 PM
:yesgray:
Why not Bear Mountain State Park....spectaucular views and beautiful natural surroundings. Let's not got to a shopping mall, it's so American, muscle cars go there.

catskilljay
10/22/2012, 10:10 PM
Hey Xtrmes had a good suggestion as well James Baird Park? You ain't lived (literally) untill you've driven a VX up n down the Taconic State Parkway!! Fun fun and blacksambo's coming from a bit north, to go to Hackensack. Eww beat!

jheyson =)
10/22/2012, 10:20 PM
....This is how things are in the Garden state so far ....

1:Bumblebe(East Brunwswick, NJ)...interested

2:JMNY( Jackson NJ)...interested

3:Enma Vx (Ridgefield,NJ)...need to call

4:Jheyson(2vxs).....interested X2

5:Angeno( saddle river,NJ)....interested

6:Thru da Lungs(Riverdale , NJ )...interested

7:ebony vx in (Tenafly)..... I have to go to his house to
ask.

8:Lifted foxfire vx (Tenafly)....I have to go to his house to ask.

9:Otto( North Brunwswick, NJ)...waiting for e-mail reply

10:GregWVU (Boonton, NJ)....interested

11: There is an 99 Ebony in Fort Lee ,too but I have not talked to the owner yet since I lost his phone number , but if I run into him , I would definitely tell him.

...If i didn't mention a member in NJ who is interested in the meeting, please speak up , so we can have a clear perspective about choosing a fair location for everybody....

We have some good ideas about places...we just need to decide.

...I will try to do the list of New York soon....

Gussie2000
10/22/2012, 10:28 PM
Vendetta is going

Probably AL1717 may go.

I definately going.

Vendetta
10/22/2012, 10:38 PM
Different goals, perhaps different meets. I know the Palisades and the Tag like the back of my hand from countless trips up that way, and yes, beautiful. But for my day trip, I'll save it for my other (http://vehicross.info/forums/showpost.php?p=248403&postcount=318) car 'cause yeah, it's just that much mo' better for "spirited" driving. 12>6 :evil:

If you guys want to get all twisty on the roads, go for it. If there's a meet somewhere within a 100 miles of where I'll wake up that morning, I'm down to link up, swap compliments and help out as I can. But I'm not doing James Baird. That's 153 miles each way from where I'll start the day. Like I said, maybe we're casting too wide a net for the upstate crew.

-V

jheyson =)
10/22/2012, 10:48 PM
Haha Gustavo...I was going to post a list of New York members interested ....but if you want I can include you in the New Jersey list....=p

12: Gussie2000 (NJ) ^^....By the way, mrlarrys (Long Island)

OKs... Here is the list of NY

1: Vendetta....interested

2: Daly...interested

3: Blacksambo...interested depending on location

4:CatskillJay...interested depending location

5: Xtrms...interested depending location

6: mdf....interested...he just posted once on the board...

..If I miss someone please speak up and be counted...
Once we come up with an specific location, we will have a clear view of who is in ,and who is out....but i hope we can have a nice "meet"

I think at this point the majority of members in New Jersey and New York are interested ,depending on the location.Therefore, It is vital to choose a location in order to have a clear picture.

Hey jheyson what about me eh ?

I say where ever when ever just let me know

jheyson =)
10/22/2012, 10:55 PM
By the way, There are not any member from Connecticut, Pennsylvania, or surrounding States interested... So just NY and NJ at this point...

Vendetta is right...the area is very wide that is why it is very challenging to choose a central location that works for everybody...

jheyson =)
10/22/2012, 11:11 PM
Hello Sue,

I was not able to PM Moncha and Anita , but I will do it soon.
I was waiting for the confirmation, but I have not seen anything yet. Thanks for
your words ,and I wish you live close ,so you could join us...=p

Have a great day, and I will Pm you soon about a part that I need for my
mother's VX.
Thanks,Sue

Hey Jheyson....PM and email Moncha AND Anita...seems like something is taking too long to approve your poll...maybe it got lost in cyberspace.

You've done an awesome job of rounding up some VXers, y'all are going to have a great time!

bigblock8396375
10/23/2012, 06:36 PM
I'm interested! I'll go minus VX,not on road yet.

jheyson =)
10/23/2012, 07:41 PM
Great Bigblock...

I'm interested! I'll go minus VX,not on road yet.

jheyson =)
10/23/2012, 07:44 PM
By the way, I received a reply from Otto(NJ) ,and he is interested ,too.

JMNY
10/23/2012, 07:45 PM
We are set for 8:00am on Sunday November 4th.
We just have to confirm the location soon.
Sounds like we are going to have a nice turnout!

blacksambo
10/23/2012, 08:12 PM
Not spoil the enthusiasm, but 8AM? If we have to go to the Newark Airport area from our house North of Albany we'll have to leave at 5AM??? (Sounds more like work than a hobby meet.) Can we start a little later perhaps, and go into the mid-afternoon with the festivities. I know we all don't really have any experience, as a group, with this type of thing, and it's kind of ad hoc, but let's allow for some flexibility timewise and try to enjoy ourselves. That's all we ask. We look forward to meeting you all and sharing some espirit de corps, on November 4th, where ever it takes place.

Gussie2000
10/23/2012, 10:35 PM
8 am is just too early.

I say 10:00 to 11:00 to allow some time to sup a hot cup of coffee,please !!!

Vendetta
10/24/2012, 03:24 AM
It's a get there when you can sort of thing. (Wherever "there" ends up being.) No points for showing up early, no penalty for getting there later. But it there are any other early risers out there, we can get a jump. Also, if there's any wrenching happening, it's better to start early 'cause things always take longer than you budget for.

-V

thru da lungs
10/24/2012, 11:42 AM
What about where we had the last meet in 09.... Rockaway NJ? it's right off rt 80 about 25 mins from the GWB ...or Liberty State Park... or High Point State Park? or ....??? Time doesn't matter to me and the 4th is perfect!

Gussie ... I thought you sold your VX? .. we had a good time in 09:yeso:

I'm looking to swap my 22's for a smaller rim with more rubber... I have my stock 18's that I would be willing to trade for something also... I have a rear seat too if anyone is interested....

Gussie2000
10/24/2012, 01:18 PM
What about where we had the last meet in 09.... Rockaway NJ? it's right off rt 80 about 25 mins from the GWB ...or Liberty State Park... or High Point State Park? or ....??? Time doesn't matter to me and the 4th is perfect!

Gussie ... I thought you sold your VX? .. we had a good time in 09:yeso:

I'm looking to swap my 22's for a smaller rim with more rubber... I have my stock 18's that I would be willing to trade for something also... I have a rear seat too if anyone is interested....

No man i didn't honestly doubt i will sell it.

I am with you about rockaway,is a great location and accessible for those members coming from upstate NY,CT and PA.

catskilljay
10/25/2012, 12:12 PM
Just a quick thought folks... i know we have a lot of members coming from NJ, but NY is quite a bit larger. I know some are coming from out on Long Island as well as up past Albany. So as to not to deter those further away, Could we do this somewhere along the state lines? I'm only in the Catskills so it's not too far for me to go into NJ, But I'm having others in mind... How about the Palisades Mall? parking garage if needed? Or the Montvale NJ rest area accessible from both directions off the Garden state pkwy? Of the Mahwah NJ/ Suffern NY area?? BTW my rides not lookn/doing to good, I'd almost be embarrassed to bring her if it weren't for how passionate and helpful some of you members have been! The wife keeps telling me we should trailer the parts car and have a pick and pull. lol But either way I'm really looking forward to watching and learning.. And drooling

catskilljay
10/25/2012, 12:20 PM
Speaking of which, if I am able to attend and there's a part that someone's in need of i.e. roof rack, interior etc. IM me offer and I'll see what I can do. Although I have front end damage she still starts right up and I'd like to keep it that way so I can move it around until I need engine parts or possibly sell it.

blacksambo
10/25/2012, 12:46 PM
I have a site suggestion a long the lines of Catskilljay here. How about near the Tappan Zee Bridge? In particular The Rockefeller Estate--- Kykuit. Historic Hudson Valley has offered me their Library parkiing lot at 639 Bedford Road, and access to their building for the day. This also means that those interested can go down the road a little ways and board a shuttle bus and for $28.00 each tour the vast Rockefeller property overlooking the Hudson River along with a look into their car barn and antique vehicles.

Minimally, this site is close to the city and still away from the commercial hub bub of the suburbs. It gets the Vehicross in touch with nature and provides a secluded yet potentailly entertaining spot for visitors of all tastes. What do we think?

catskilljay
10/25/2012, 01:07 PM
IDK about $28 for a bus tour?? no wonder they're the Rockefellers lol... but im cool w/checkn out that spot if agreed w/members?? but be aware I know traffic can be a beotch n backed up for miles in n around the Tapp. i deal w/it every sun. that was one of the reasons i was suggesting more west of of 87..

blacksambo
10/25/2012, 02:18 PM
So can we find a natural spot West of 87?

Beavertractors
10/25/2012, 05:23 PM
I should be able to make it..:)But my VX has brake problems not sure if I can fix by then..Tony

catskilljay
10/26/2012, 08:21 PM
Getn quiet on here, so what's everybody thinkn??

Vendetta
10/26/2012, 09:36 PM
Kykuit. Historic Hudson Valley sounds good and if there's a covered parking garage nearby to handle the rain contingency, even better. Distance-wise, I'm good with it (little over 100 miles). Much more and I'm gonna have to catch you all next time someplace closer. Driving 200+ miles like for the last meet'n'wrench in MD can't be a monthly thing for me. ;)

Just need a consensus already so people can commit or back out.

blacksambo
10/26/2012, 09:51 PM
Okay. No crime here in making suggestions. Is there a spot near the NY/NJ boarder that can accomodate approx. 20 VX's, no matter in doors or out? Perhaps one of the shopping malls, rest stops, etc.? Let's just target a spot, any spot. It's more important that we have a meet, than where it takes place. Thank you, just name it and we'll all appear, Simple.

Gussie2000
10/26/2012, 09:58 PM
Ok guys if everyone just google map rockaway center mall in rockaway you'll find out how convenient is this particular location for all of us.

Most of express ways/highways coming from north,east,west and south actually merge near by the mall and from there we can decide what to do.

Vendetta
10/26/2012, 10:02 PM
Okay. No crime here in making suggestions. Is there a spot near the NY/NJ boarder that can accomodate approx. 20 VX's, no matter in doors or out? Perhaps one of the shopping malls, rest stops, etc.? Let's just target a spot, any spot. It's more important that we have a meet, than where it takes place. Thank you, just name it and we'll all appear, Simple.

Tried that earlier (http://vehicross.info/forums/showpost.php?p=268370&postcount=40). I'm down for any alternate park/mall combo, just to cover the bases weatherwise. As long as it's within my "combat radius."
-V

Gussie2000
10/26/2012, 10:11 PM
Lawrence.rockaway mall is just 50/60 miles away from you.

Gussie2000
10/26/2012, 10:26 PM
Interstates 80,287,280,78,380,476,87 and few others can quickly take you to rockaways township if the route is properly planned.

blacksambo
10/27/2012, 07:56 AM
Interstates 80,287,280,78,380,476,87 and few others can quickly take you to rockaways township if the route is properly planned.

Sounds fine.
Baring a hurricane calamity, we'll be there approx. 11AM.
Thanks for organizing us Gussie.

catskilljay
10/27/2012, 09:57 AM

I concur.... Someplace along the NYS Thruway/NJ Garden State PKWY area? Palisades Mall Is very accessible from PKWYs, Highways of both states, covered parking Garage etc..... and we can all ride the Ferris wheel together lol.. Or what about NY 87/NJ 287 area? jus says... Ive got a busy day/night to get past maybe do a little research 2moro if we dont decide...

Gussie2000
10/28/2012, 09:15 AM
I concur.... Someplace along the NYS Thruway/NJ Garden State PKWY area? Palisades Mall Is very accessible from PKWYs, Highways of both states, covered parking Garage etc..... and we can all ride the Ferris wheel together lol.. Or what about NY 87/NJ 287 area? jus says... Ive got a busy day/night to get past maybe do a little research 2moro if we dont decide...

That is precisely what i have been saying all the time.
A location which is accesible from all mayor highways/expressways is the key to make this meet a success.

JMNY
10/28/2012, 09:03 PM
Rockaway seems to be about 76 - 80miles and 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 hours for me.

We have 7 days....still Sunday the 4th....just need to settle on a place.
If each one of us coming could include with any suggestion a physical address...this was we could easily Mapquest it....and then figure this out.

Suggestions with the address and confirmations....thanks!

blacksambo
10/28/2012, 10:39 PM
I thought we'd all agreed Rockaways Mall??

Gussie2000
10/28/2012, 11:11 PM
@ jmny !!

One hours and 15 minutes in my personal experience isn't bad at all,and keep in mind you can convoy with few other VX'ers on your way up to rockaway township which in my personal opinion is a lot of fun.

I drive that amount of time five days a week to go to work.

Gussie2000
10/28/2012, 11:15 PM
@ blacksambo.

You can meet up with catskilljay since you are gonna drive thru kingston on the I-87 and convoy so is a matter of talking to jay about where to meet him and head down to rockaway. Is tha easy !!!

Gussie2000
10/28/2012, 11:20 PM
@ blacksambo & catskilljay as you guys heads down to NJ you guys can catch up with thru da lungs who lives in riverdale near the I-287.

Gussie2000
10/28/2012, 11:27 PM
@ xtremes you can definately meet me if you like somewhere on the belt parkway,we can cross the manhattan/brooklyn bridge,get into the west highway in manhattan and head up to the bronx to drive over the GWB or either get into NJ using the holland tunnel along with any other NYC/long island VX'ers.

I mean come on guy is that difficult to do this ?

Gussie2000
10/28/2012, 11:31 PM
@ mrlarrys !!

I live near the I-495 and queens blvd so we can definately meet here in queens and meet xtrmes who lives in brooklyn and convoy to NJ

Gussie2000
10/28/2012, 11:36 PM
GregWVU live relatively close so he can make it alone if no other member is driving near you

Gussie2000
10/28/2012, 11:41 PM
@ MDF

You can catch up with Mrlarrys heading west on the I-495 and meet me here in queens,meet xtrmes how lives in brooklyn and we all convoy to NJ.

Vendetta where are you coming from again ?

Gussie2000
10/28/2012, 11:46 PM
@ Beavertractors

You may be able to meet up with blacksambo,catskillsjay if you guys arrange an meeting location along the I-87

JMNY
10/29/2012, 07:47 AM
OK......I thought you guys were still trying to figure it out.
I have no issue with Rockaway..I know I am driving a decent amount because I am furthest South....but that works for me if everyone agrees.

Can anyone supply an exact address? Just want to put it in the GPS that morning. Also - obviously the mall area must be pretty big - where did you guys meet last time?

Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Gussie2000
10/29/2012, 10:27 AM
I have no issue with Rockaway..I know I am driving a decent amount because I am furthest South....but that works for me if everyone agrees.

Can anyone supply an exact address? Just want to put it in the GPS that morning. Also - obviously the mall area must be pretty big - where did you guys meet last time?

JMNY usually stores within the malls got they own mailing address as any house or business.

Search for stores in the rockaway mall and write down one as a reference for GPS purpose

jheyson =)
10/29/2012, 11:21 AM
Hi JMNY,

This is the adress that I found out online. Hope it helps.

Rockaway Townsquare is a two-level super regional shopping mall, located on Interstate 80 and Mount Hope Avenue in Rockaway Township, New Jersey. The mall has a gross leasable area of 1,248,000 ft². Wikipedia
Opened: September 1977
Hours:
Mon-Sat 10am–9:30pm
Sun 11am–6pm
Address: 301 Mount Hope Avenue, Rockaway, NJ
Phone: (973) 361-4071

thru da lungs
10/29/2012, 11:37 AM
Dicks Sporting Goods parking lot

387 Mt Hope Ave, Rockaway, NJ 07801

It's right off rt 80 ....IT IS NOT COVERED ... but we're a tough bunch!

xtrmes
10/29/2012, 01:10 PM
Hey Gussie I don't live in Brooklin. I live up near Albany.
I was also informed last night that the 4th is the Stormville Flee market for Christmas that my wife and I go to ever year. Don't think I'm gonna be able to get out of that one. I was thinking it might work out if I could talk her into driving down after since were half way there, but shes not into these kind of things. She doesn't like being around people she doesn't know.
Like I said Sundays don't work good for me Saturdays are better because that's the only day she has off for us to do stuff. So I guess I'll have to miss out on this one and hopefully get the next one.

@ MDF

You can catch up with Mrlarrys heading west on the I-495 and meet me here in queens,meet xtrmes how lives in brooklyn and we all convoy to NJ.

Vendetta where are you coming from again ?

blacksambo
10/29/2012, 03:20 PM
301 or 387? Mount Hope Ave. Rockaways NJ. Which one? Thx Either way we'll be there. Coming down the NYS thruway to 287 South etc.etc.

Gussie2000
10/29/2012, 03:28 PM
Hey Gussie I don't live in Brooklin. I live up near Albany.
I was also informed last night that the 4th is the Stormville Flee market for Christmas that my wife and I go to ever year. Don't think I'm gonna be able to get out of that one. I was thinking it might work out if I could talk her into driving down after since were half way there, but shes not into these kind of things. She doesn't like being around people she doesn't know.
Like I said Sundays don't work good for me Saturdays are better because that's the only day she has off for us to do stuff. So I guess I'll have to miss out on this one and hopefully get the next one.

Oh i got your address wrong from google map as it took me to brooklyn.

Sorry you wouldn't make it !!!!

blacksambo
10/30/2012, 07:00 AM
I think we need an on-
going clever name for our Vehicross meets. Since a lot of VX's are refered to as killer bees anyways let's call any VX meeting a"Swarm". You know Corvairs call there's a Recall, and Citroen calls t
ere's a Rondez Vous. We'll call ours a "Swarm". It expresses some fun attitude. What do we think?

catskilljay
11/01/2012, 06:17 AM
So about this "swarm" lol love it!! So Blacksambo I was halfway through typing up a proposed meeting stop/caffeine recharge along the thruway when the trees came a crashing! Needless to say the message never got sent and I see its quiet on here. Assuming some NJ members still dont have power? And hoping everyones alright!! Our power was out for 3days and we consider ourselves very lucky!! Both the VX's made it out unscathed. Wondering if its a good idea to push back the Swarm a week or two untill we here from members?? Need to find out what RDs remain closed, if that meeting spot is still available, etc. also NYC marathon is that day....might inhibit travel IDK thoughts?

jheyson =)
11/01/2012, 06:18 AM
Hello Everybody,,,

I have no power at home. Iam writting from Dunkin Donuts ..anyway...

...So this Sunday in Rockaway mall?? I was wondering if the meeting was re-scheduled because of the storm....

Have a great day , and I hope everything is ok with all of you after the storm

jheyson =)
11/01/2012, 06:26 AM
Yeah , Iam with you Catskilljay ! I think it would be a good idea to move the meet after this Sunday. In some places, there is no power and roads are a mess ...and gas is scarce..What do you guys think?

So about this "swarm" lol love it!! So Blacksambo I was halfway through typing up a proposed meeting stop/caffeine recharge along the thruway when the trees came a crashing! Needless to say the message never got sent and I see its quiet on here. Assuming some NJ members still dont have power? And hoping everyones alright!! Our power was out for 3days and we consider ourselves very lucky!! Both the VX's made it out unscathed. Wondering if its a good idea to push back the Swarm a week or two untill we here from members?? Need to find out what RDs remain closed, if that meeting spot is still available, etc. also NYC marathon is that day....might inhibit travel IDK thoughts?

blacksambo
11/01/2012, 06:36 AM
Yeah , Iam with you Catskilljay ! I think it would be a good idea to move the meet after this Sunday. In some places, there is no power and roads are a mess ...and gas is scarce..What do you guys think?

Yeah. Let's try to reschedule once everybody gets back on line. No need to stress anybody out over a VX Swarm.

catskilljay
11/01/2012, 06:40 AM
All For One, And One For All!

catskilljay
11/01/2012, 06:42 AM
https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&ik=49a13363d1&view=att&th=13abc2fdc31d817d&attid=0.1&disp=inline&safe=1&zw

catskilljay
11/01/2012, 06:49 AM
Guess we had a close call here! Glad to see the force field is still working! https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&ik=49a13363d1&view=att&th=13abc395c72d3d91&attid=0.1&disp=inline&safe=1&zw

JMNY
11/02/2012, 04:03 PM
If we have officially cancelled ...... My vote is for November 24th and 25th The next two weekends don't work for me.

xtrmes
11/02/2012, 04:11 PM
Well it looks like this might work for me if its on the 24th.

Gussie2000
11/02/2012, 07:58 PM
Good idea about changing the date.

Let's keep the location guys so we don't fall again in the same controversy

NOROADS
11/03/2012, 07:14 PM
I am good for the 24th or the 25th but we may want to rethink the venue as that is Black Friday weekend and a mall parking lot really isn't the best place to be.

blacksambo
11/05/2012, 08:25 PM
Good point.

catskilljay
11/06/2012, 05:37 AM
24/25 sounds good to me...

JMNY
11/06/2012, 09:48 AM
Since you had the last VX meet here I guess you would be the person that can talk about the size of the parking lot, etc. due to the holiday weekend?
I would say it should be fine....the Friday may be bad....but the rest of the weeked should be fine...

blacksambo
11/06/2012, 12:11 PM
24/25 leaves us out. We have preexisting commitments. But that's fine...carry on and stay calm.

etlsport
11/06/2012, 05:12 PM
I couldn't do the 24/25 but a different weekend likely be in.

Gussie2000
11/06/2012, 09:59 PM
Since you had the last VX meet here I guess you would be the person that can talk about the size of the parking lot, etc. due to the holiday weekend?
I would say it should be fine....the Friday may be bad....but the rest of the weeked should be fine...

The rockaway township mall is a huge mall,lots of parking in there.

A black friday is no concern to hold the meet there

Otto
11/12/2012, 01:13 PM
Hey All,
Whats up with the meet, It's been quite lately

Gussie2000
11/12/2012, 04:03 PM
I am in so let's have this meet guys !!!!

xtrmes
11/14/2012, 11:41 AM
It seems to be not happening now.

AndyC
11/15/2012, 06:49 AM
That's bad time for me since I'm doing Thanksgiving dinner at my house. I'll keep an eye on this - would be cool to meet up again - last time I went to one it was at Mohegan Sun.

Otto
11/16/2012, 08:10 PM
I guess this meet is not happening

jheyson =)
11/16/2012, 08:22 PM
I though we were going to meet on the 24th or 25th in Rockaway mall according to Gussie2000 ...

Iam missing something??

jheyson =)
11/16/2012, 08:25 PM
..or if that doesn't work for many because of the Blackfriday, Thanksgiving, faamily reunion,etc , we can do it on December 1st(Saturday) or 2nd(Sunday)..

how everybody feels?

Gussie2000
11/16/2012, 09:48 PM
I guess we back to square 1

blacksambo
11/16/2012, 09:49 PM
ditto

Otto
11/17/2012, 04:45 AM
The first weekend in December works for me

jheyson =)
11/19/2012, 10:38 AM
...Everybody agreed that it is going to be in "Rockaway mall"

so...the meeting is going to be this Sunday 24th?
...or next Sunday December 1st?

Both work for me ....but I think more people will be available next Sunday,

..If is this Sunday or Next Sunday....Iam in anyways
..Gussie let me know

blacksambo
11/19/2012, 04:10 PM
December 1 might work for us??? Have to wait and see. But do have a great meet,by all means.

JMNY
11/20/2012, 10:09 AM
I am still good for the 25th. I did not know we were changing the date?
According to Gussie - the mall parking lot is huge and Black Friday has no effect on us meeting. Lets try and figure this out now.

Please let me know if we are doing this or not and how many VX owners are in.....

Gussie2000
11/20/2012, 11:43 AM
The mall is huge to fit all of us,actually the rockaway mall has parking lots across the mall so space/capacity is not compromised by any means.

Otto
11/21/2012, 12:43 PM
So is it this Sunday or next Sunday

Otto
11/23/2012, 02:50 PM
The 25th is in two days, anybody going to Rockaway mall, NJ, and what time.

jheyson =)
11/23/2012, 03:43 PM
..I have the same question...Is anybody going this Sunday? or Next Sunday

The proton is at the shop until next tuesday, getting both axels =(

JMNY
11/24/2012, 05:24 PM
I dont know if that will work for me.....but let's get a solid head count!

jheyson =)
11/26/2012, 02:35 PM
I agree with JMNY,..Let's get a solid head count for this Sunday.

Iam In !

I dont know if that will work for me.....but let's get a solid head count!

bigblock8396375
11/26/2012, 06:12 PM
I'll be there minus VX.

CrzyFool
11/27/2012, 06:06 PM
Postpone this so I can make it! My VX will be ready by the end of the year!

JMNY
11/28/2012, 09:45 AM
I dont know if I can make it Sunday anyway....but last Sunday worked for me and no one really responded. I am trying to see if I can make it this Sunday...and no one is really responding again.

I am sure everyone is busy with the holidays.

It is a shame because the week of the hurricane we had probably 10 VX's or more meeting but the hurricane took care of that.

I will still try and make it down if we have numbers...

Gussie2000
11/28/2012, 06:01 PM
@ crzyfool

man where had been you hidding ?
Long time seen you around.

Ok guys.

Lets do it this sunday.

No excuses.

Every one that is serious about meeting this sunday please just say so.

No need to be silent nor ignore about it

jheyson =)
11/30/2012, 06:18 AM
X2
Who else is coming on Sunday?

There are a few days left

@ crzyfool

man where had been you hidding ?
Long time seen you around.

Ok guys.

Lets do it this sunday.

No excuses.

Every one that is serious about meeting this sunday please just say so.

No need to be silent nor ignore about it

nyc #1 ironman
11/30/2012, 07:49 AM
Hope U guys get it together. Back in the day the meets were awesome !!!!!

catskilljay
11/30/2012, 08:40 AM
im sry i cant make it this sunday :( Frosty Fest w/the 7year old. But if it happens hav a blast take pics n keep us up to date if it changes! otherwise i can see a hang comn this spring!!!

Otto
11/30/2012, 05:41 PM
count me in

xtrmes
12/01/2012, 09:18 AM
I can't make it either the wife and I go to the tree lighting at the capital every year. They have fireworks.

NOROADS
12/01/2012, 12:57 PM
Is this happening tomorrow? If so what time are we meeting up?

Otto
12/01/2012, 02:05 PM
Yes, what time

Gussie2000
12/01/2012, 02:40 PM
I think some time around 12:00 to provide all people going to meet some time to get their self together.

But how many of us are finally going to rockaway mall tomorrow ?

Otto
12/01/2012, 07:28 PM
If nobody from the west is coming, would some where near the Paramus Mall be better for the guys coming from the east, unless some are coming from the west.

jheyson =)
12/02/2012, 05:27 AM
If nobody from the west is coming, would some where near the Paramus Mall be better for the guys coming from the east, unless some are coming from the west.

It makes sense ,and Im fine with any location.

bigblock8396375
12/02/2012, 08:01 AM
So...where is everyone?

NOROADS
12/02/2012, 08:52 AM
Well it looks like this isn't happening again. Anyone got final confirmation are we meeting in Paramus or Rockaway?

bigblock8396375
12/02/2012, 08:59 AM
Today or next week?

NOROADS
12/02/2012, 09:56 AM
Anybody have any info its already 1pm.

Otto
12/02/2012, 02:35 PM
I guess would should try again in the spring

Gussie2000
12/02/2012, 08:33 PM
Jheyson was there at 12:00 and i was already in NJ heading north when jheyson told me no one was there @ 12:00

jheyson =)
12/03/2012, 07:58 AM
I was there at 12:00 in Rockaway mall yesterday.

Well, I think we can organize a meeting on the spring. This time will will have to figure out a solid date and place, so more VX owners have the chance to join. Anyway, we have some time to decide until spring.

thru da lungs
04/09/2013, 07:04 PM
Lets do this....

jheyson =)
04/09/2013, 08:13 PM
I agree !! Let's do a meeting. Let's put a time and place and stick to it .

blacksambo
04/09/2013, 08:39 PM
We want to come, but can we do better than a shopping mall for the VX "swarm"?

RabidPony
04/10/2013, 07:47 AM
Where were you guys planning to do this? I might drive up from DE.

catskilljay
04/15/2013, 05:21 AM
I'm in! N agree with sambo! Can't we find some big rocks n grass somewhere:)

blacksambo
04/15/2013, 07:30 PM
I'm in! N agree with sambo! Can't we find some big rocks n grass somewhere:)

Hear! Hear!

JMNY
04/15/2013, 07:42 PM
I will wait to see what everyone decides

jheyson =)
04/15/2013, 10:27 PM
Iam interested ,too x2.

blacksambo
04/16/2013, 07:21 AM
Yes, but where? How about that Bear Mountain State Park? Sounded rugged and "Swarm" ready.

jheyson =)
04/16/2013, 09:56 AM
Yes, but where? How about that Bear Mountain State Park? Sounded rugged and "Swarm" ready.

It sounds good Blacksambo!

tom4bren
04/16/2013, 10:21 AM
How about that Bear Mountain State Park?

Of course you'd pick one of the few State Parks that doesn't have camping!!!:)

It's a 5 1/2 hour drive for me so I'd have to camp out (RV) to make it worth the drive up.

blacksambo
04/16/2013, 01:03 PM
Of course you'd pick one of the few State Parks that doesn't have camping!!!:)

It's a 5 1/2 hour drive for me so I'd have to camp out (RV) to make it worth the drive up.

Well image is everything and "Bear Mountain" certainly sounds the part, if you know what I mean. VX and a shoping mall makes us all out to be sissys. Let's conquer "Bear Mountain"! "Swarm" alert! Bear Mountain assaulted by killer bees! You get my drift.

tom4bren
04/16/2013, 02:37 PM
Well image is everything and "Bear Mountain" certainly sounds the part, if you know what I mean. VX and a shoping mall makes us all out to be sissys. Let's conquer "Bear Mountain"! "Swarm" alert! Bear Mountain assaulted by killer bees! You get my drift.

Well, yah. I'm all for that, I just need to convince the boss lady that it'd be a fun trip for her:)

blacksambo
04/16/2013, 09:18 PM
Well, yah. I'm all for that, I just need to convince the boss lady that it'd be a fun trip for her:)

I'm sure you can do it. We're all behind you 100% of the way. Let's "Swarm", soon!

Vendetta
04/17/2013, 12:47 AM
I'm in, provided the dates line up. Also, agree with Tom that if we can find a spot with big rocks and nature and green stuff that will let us camp a night, that would be better than just saying we went to a place with a cool name for a day trip. I know I camped a night at or damn near Bear Mountain a few years back. So there's something close. I'll try to remember.

-V

blacksambo
04/17/2013, 06:18 AM
I'm in, provided the dates line up. Also, agree with Tom that if we can find a spot with big rocks and nature and green stuff that will let us camp a night, that would be better than just saying we went to a place with a cool name for a day trip. I know I camped a night at or damn near Bear Mountain a few years back. So there's something close. I'll try to remember.

-V

Yes, see what the nearby overnite accomodation options might be. Also, if someone is familiar with this site what the motor vehicle and picnic regs might be? (I've never been, I just like the name.)

Otto
04/19/2013, 12:19 PM
Hi All
If there is a meet I am interested

Beavertractors
04/20/2013, 04:25 AM
They have a cruise night at Bear Mt on Wensday sometimes 1,000s' cars and bikes..Biggest in northeast...My VX is down waiting to do exhaust$$ Moneys tight out with Back problems:( I am up for coming there might have to us other car tho..45 min from my house.:) Tony B

Gussie2000
04/20/2013, 09:56 AM
Hello everyone !!

Not sure if i can make it at this time,but will update soon.

blacksambo
04/20/2013, 09:43 PM
Momentum is building. (1000 cars! This place sounds ripe for a change,VX "Swarm-wise" that is!) Let's try to organize this shindig, and soon.

Beavertractors
04/22/2013, 05:11 AM
I looked into the Wendsday night Bear Mt cruise..40$ :confused: fee for 88 or newer cars??Club Fees? to much for a cruise for me..Older cars are 4$ ....Maybe just a Sunday Swarm? Tony B

blacksambo
04/22/2013, 01:05 PM
I looked into the Wendsday night Bear Mt cruise..40$ :confused: fee for 88 or newer cars??Club Fees? to much for a cruise for me..Older cars are 4$ ....Maybe just a Sunday Swarm? Tony B

I agree Tony, maybe a Sunday picnic event at a park pavillion?

Beavertractors
04/23/2013, 07:20 AM
They start the cruise's first week in may..I hope to be there with one of friends cars...(49 Ford black rag top..# 1 car:)) I will scope the place out( havn't been to the park in 30 years)..From my side I go over Bear Mt, great ride..TonyB

blacksambo
04/23/2013, 08:23 AM
Thanks Tony. Scope it out and give us an update. Is there a particular Sunday in May that people like? If so, let us know. Thx

blacksambo
05/01/2013, 05:00 PM
Is this meet idea losing steam? Do we need another location? How about Kykuit (Rockefeller Estate) near Tapan Zee Bridge?

catskilljay
05/01/2013, 05:59 PM
Swarm on!!

Beavertractors
05/02/2013, 05:36 AM
I made it to Bear Mt Last night..I went with my friend in a 1978 T bird...With 3 /11 year old Triplets and 18 year old daughter ( we there yet?,we there yet? how bout now? we there yet?,ect..stop touching me)100 mile round trip:yesgray:Thank God for pain pills..We got pulled over for seat belt check,and the cop wanted to check out the car.... They had about 100+ cars and 100 Bikes..Free this week and next..Spoke to one of the sponsers..If we call in advance he woud give us a deal? and save parking for us..Still 30-40 $......New Idea we swarm to James Baird park for barbacue and go to overlook drivein for a movie..The park is on the Taconic Parkway and the drive in movie is about 10 miles away??? Tony B

blacksambo
05/02/2013, 07:36 AM
I made it to Bear Mt Last night..I went with my friend in a 1978 T bird...With 3 /11 year old Triplets and 18 year old daughter ( we there yet?,we there yet? how bout now? we there yet?,ect..stop touching me)100 mile round trip:yesgray:Thank God for pain pills..We got pulled over for seat belt check,and the cop wanted to check out the car.... They had about 100+ cars and 100 Bikes..Free this week and next..Spoke to one of the sponsers..If we call in advance he woud give us a deal? and save parking for us..Still 30-40 $......New Idea we swarm to James Baird park for barbacue and go to overlook drivein for a movie..The park is on the Taconic Parkway and the drive in movie is about 10 miles away??? Tony B

Great reconaissance Tony. What do we think team? James Baird Park? Is it reachable for the majority of those interested? (No problem for us.)

catskilljay
05/06/2013, 05:24 AM
I'd be down for that… Driving the Taconic is always a blast. Time/date?

Otto
05/06/2013, 02:10 PM
Let me know also, time/date

Gussie2000
05/06/2013, 05:06 PM
Great reconaissance Tony. What do we think team? James Baird Park? Is it reachable for the majority of those interested? (No problem for us.)

Let's do it...

I am in !! :yesgray:

blacksambo
05/06/2013, 08:46 PM
Let's pick a date. What looks good for the group?

Beavertractors
05/07/2013, 01:51 AM
I am registering mine next week(vanity plates in Vt Any Ideas??.) and new exhaust first week in june..ready 2-3 week in june..anytime after I hope..TonyB

blacksambo
05/07/2013, 08:11 PM
We still need exact proposed dates folks?

Beavertractors
05/08/2013, 04:25 PM
oops lol

Beavertractors
05/08/2013, 04:39 PM
OK looked it up no camping as far as I can see:( There is a KOA about 23 miles away Newburg Koa).....3rd. annual Taconic State Nationals at James Baird State Park in Pleasant Valley NY. Food, music, 50/50, goodie bags, 100+ trophies and more. Room for 500+ cars - All Makes and Models welcome. Live entertainment and fun for the whole family. Proceeds to benefit Pitch 4 Kids, a local charity.Viny 520-991-5292, Ralph 914-489-0686, Sponsored By The Embalmers Car Club
.. might work for me:pTonyB

blacksambo
05/08/2013, 08:43 PM
Okay. But what date?

Beavertractors
05/09/2013, 03:44 AM
June 2nd for car show, If my vx is not ready(it should),I will bring one of my friends cars...Or one of you pick a day... There also is another KOA park in Gardinar it is called Yogi Bear Jellestone park..about 20 or so miles..full service Koa on the Wallkill river..maybe we could swarm there??? TonyB

blacksambo
05/10/2013, 07:53 AM
June 2nd for car show, If my vx is not ready(it should),I will bring one of my friends cars...Or one of you pick a day... There also is another KOA park in Gardinar it is called Yogi Bear Jellestone park..about 20 or so miles..full service Koa on the Wallkill river..maybe we could swarm there??? TonyB

I like this Wakill River site idea. Do we have any more info on it, or points of interest near there? Also, is this closer or farther from NYC area?

angeno
05/11/2013, 12:01 PM
Me too. ;)

catskilljay
05/13/2013, 04:53 AM
I yike June 1/2... Wherevers clever!

blacksambo
05/13/2013, 09:00 PM
So let's shoot for June Two to Swarm on the Wakill River at the Jellystone and have a meet, picnic and some fun. What say group?

Vendetta
05/13/2013, 09:21 PM
That would suck. Got a Spartan Race that day, AND my niece's recital that evening.

I'd hate to miss this gather, and would love to be there if we do it a few weeks later.
-V

Beavertractors
05/13/2013, 10:31 PM
I am up for the June 2nd...My friend went there Sunday.He said the place is neat.Tony B

blacksambo
05/14/2013, 06:04 PM
That would suck. Got a Spartan Race that day, AND my niece's recital that evening.

I'd hate to miss this gather, and would love to be there if we do it a few weeks later.
-V

Okay. Let's look at a few weeks later. No prob for me (My wife may be busy, but one VX should be enough.). So let's hear other date ideas.

blacksambo
05/14/2013, 06:07 PM
Oh. Can we make sure this site is dog friendly? Our dog goes everywhere with us.

Vendetta
05/14/2013, 09:34 PM
I think I'd be pretty good with any weekend date in June aside from that one.

Any objections to June 15th? That'll give everyone a month to get their rigs in order. (As if ANYthing takes just a month.) ;)

-V

Beavertractors
05/15/2013, 12:53 AM
The 15th works for me.They have a website (Lazy Acres),I have to check out.Maybe I can take a ride there and check the place out too..I was told you can rent a camp site for 40-50$ a day?.. Blacksambo..My dog goes with me also :yesy:,,I will find out about that .TonyB..

blacksambo
05/15/2013, 09:45 PM
Sunday June 16th would be preferred, but we'd only come for the day.

Beavertractors
05/16/2013, 01:48 AM
OK 16th June Good for me.... How many we got??:confused: Maybe we could rent a cabin/campsite..not sure how much room for cars at campsite,I will look into it...TonyB

blacksambo
05/16/2013, 05:33 AM
Yes. How many are interested in this site on June 16th?

Vendetta
05/16/2013, 10:32 AM
I'm in for June 16th.

If we can score a campsite (not to stay overnight, I presume?), that would be great to do a BBQ and serve as a home base for any +1s that come along.

-V

blacksambo
05/16/2013, 09:19 PM
Sounds good, and we'd chip in.

blacksambo
05/17/2013, 12:16 PM
Just occurred to me that June 16TH is father's day. Maybe that will be a concern and an alternate date should be looked at?

Vendetta
05/17/2013, 11:16 PM
Hmmmm... yeah.

Whenever else then. Just not the 2nd. ;)
-V

blacksambo
05/18/2013, 11:20 AM
Do we have some other dates in mind out there?

catskilljay
05/20/2013, 07:32 PM
So does everyone prefer sun? I should be good any of those weekends. And Sat works too. 6/15 6/22 6/29 ? w/enough notice... And I as well have heard that's a cool spot. Also just a short drive away 10/15 mins goes over the Minnewaska Mtn State park, cool hairpin turn n incredible views of the Hudson river/valley etc. might be a cool photo/video opp... Or a nice route to take to n from meet:) rt 44/55

blacksambo
05/25/2013, 02:26 PM
I think we should start a new thread for this potential gathering (SWARM) in order to get more attention for it. What say?

blacksambo
05/28/2013, 07:53 PM
Well...I think this idea is losing steam??? At any rate, I've decided this Sunday June 2, we'll venture down the Hudson to the Frederick Vanderbilt Estate in Hyde Park in Dutchess County, NY in the PM for a self meet. Anyone that wishes to do so also please do so. (We don't bite, I can assure you.)

Beavertractors
05/29/2013, 03:33 AM
Hey Blacksambo I might be able to make it..Got my VX registered in Vermont last week.I have Temp plate, waiting for Vanity plate (VX VT)..I am still cleaning and (been sitting in driveway for 1 1/2 years):(Taking for test ride today:yeso: Going next week for exhaust,tail pipe fell off and flex thingy rotted...What time you going to be there? Maybe we could get a small Swarm going???TonyB

thru da lungs
05/29/2013, 10:23 AM
I'll be in PA (Starrucca area) heading back to Jersey on Fathers day... coming back via 17 (quickway) past Roscoe, Liberty, Goshen etc....

I'd like to do this before it gets too hot...... someone needs to pick a day, time and place and lock it in.... it's never going to be good for everyone.... just saying.

catskilljay
05/29/2013, 02:37 PM
Ima gunna try n meet Sun, For whatever reason my thread updates got sent to spam? So I've been a little out of the loop and forget to check the board, but I think starting a new thread is a great idea!!

Beavertractors
05/29/2013, 04:10 PM
Someone start a new thread..I don't know how :confused: I am a go for Sunday..Finnished cleaning,wash,wax,wiped the cladding,polished the wheels ect..I went for a 27 mile ride,no engine light so far.Seems to run good..TonyB

blacksambo
05/29/2013, 08:04 PM
Well...it's starting to sound like a quorum for a Swarm on Sunday in Dutchess County , Hyde Park Vanderbilt Estate. I'd guess 2PM might be a convenient start time. They have a big paved lot out in the sun. But if there is a big tourist crowd they open up the shady grove just North of the paved lot under the trees. It's a simply beautiful place and very natural, like a big Central Park, kinda. Just fiollow the signs to parking we'll see each other, I'm sure. By the way they have a great mansion tour all afternoon. (Women love it, if that helps.) Hope to see ya there. "BZZZZZZZ"!

Beavertractors
05/30/2013, 12:06 AM
2pm sounds good to me..TonyB

jheyson =)
05/30/2013, 06:50 AM
Hi, I may join on Sunday. Ian not sure right now but aim 85% positive. If anybody wants to join that would be great!

tom4bren
05/30/2013, 11:07 AM
Sorry Fellers. I had to choose between NY meet & NC meet. NC meet won because of opportunity to get'r muddy.

I'll make it up your way eventually though.

Have fun.

Vendetta
05/30/2013, 12:35 PM
Enjoy it! Unfortunately I'm still a no-go for this impromptu gather on Sunday, but I look forward to a proper meet over the summer.

Take pics!
-V

catskilljay
05/31/2013, 07:02 AM
BUSY weekend for me to say da least.... Good thing Vanderbilt s only about an hr away. Pool raising party, funeral, now scrub up VX!! mine's a lil rough no teasing fellas! See yas @2 lookn forward to it!!

blacksambo
05/31/2013, 01:00 PM
We'll be there, and snap some photos. Beautiful Federal Park, free admission, but the mansion tours costs a small fee. Maybe they will have their garage open? They had a chauffer driven sixteen cylinder Cadilllac limousine, among other greats in the stable ( I think a Minerva also.)

blacksambo
06/01/2013, 04:43 PM
The weather at the moment does not look promising for tomorrow. High threat of severe thunderstorms and tornados. Stay home folks if this forecast still holds in the late morning. I know I will if that's the case. Be safe, not sorry.

Beavertractors
06/02/2013, 02:55 AM
.I will be at Baird park this morning..for the car show..Going there with my VX if weather is ok I will ride over to Vanderbilt estate at 2pm. TonyB

jheyson =)
06/02/2013, 06:22 AM
I will go to the car show as well and then I will go to the other place around 2pm. The weather seems to be fine so far.

catskilljay
06/02/2013, 07:34 AM
Still trying to be @ Vanderbilt @2...

blacksambo
06/02/2013, 07:45 AM
I'm headed to Vanderbilt now. Will be there about 1PM.

blacksambo
06/02/2013, 11:00 AM
2PM at Vanderbilt north lot. Just closed. Storm approaching.

blacksambo
06/02/2013, 11:14 AM
Wait a minute a Kaiser shows up but driverless. Gotta beat it!

catskilljay
06/02/2013, 11:20 AM
Storm slowed me up but I'll be there in 15

jheyson =)
06/02/2013, 12:18 PM
Iam here with a silver next to me. I saw another one with an original bra and japanese mirror around 2:15 but he has not returned. It seems that he left.

catskilljay
06/02/2013, 01:01 PM
Yup that was me in silver, didn't see anyone around so we went on mansion tour. Was pretty cool!

blacksambo
06/02/2013, 03:46 PM
Iam here with a silver next to me. I saw another one with an original bra and japanese mirror around 2:15 but he has not returned. It seems that he left.

That was me...didn't want to stick around had been there over an hour and feared hail damage. I took pictures but have to wait for film to develop (I also wind my own watch.) Let's try again when the weather is more promising. Big thanks to all who tried today, you're real troupers (or Troopers).

Beavertractors
06/02/2013, 04:21 PM
The car show at baird was pretty good 200+ cars+ 1 VX :yesgray: about 1:30 ish we were looking at the weather map,showed rain coming.They did the 50-50 and awards just in time.Rain for 20 minutes.Every one left at same time.I had to wait for traffic to thin down,by then it was 2:30....We will try again soon...TonyB