PDA

View Full Version : Over anxious newbie IS CURED!

drdavidr4u
10/20/2003, 03:16 PM
Hey,
Thanks to all for your suggestions and help!!
I guess I have to admit I really am an "Over anxious newbie!"
I didnt realize you could search the threads for past info on the things I had asked!!!
But I seemed to have started some very active new threads on old subjects!!!

I'M CURED ........of the saving mpg idea now. After tooling around for a week in my new VX, I realize how much I enjoy mashing the peddle when pulling out around town. Like one of our members said to me its a performance vehicle and darn, I'm going to drive it that way and unfortunately support the oil shieks.
I also had a mini meet with "hotsauce" in Yonkers this Sunday! He was nice enough to drive my VX and let me know how the brakes felt. I drove his supercharged proton and was very impressed! You should hear his sound system!!!
THOUGH THE BRAKES CHECKED OUT OK, I'M NOT HAPPY WITH THE STOPPING DISTANCE AND LACK OF CRISPNESS. My brotherinlaw tells me his ford explorer stops poorly like I'm describing here.BRAKE MODS NEXT?

FOR SALE
I will first try to sell my 2001 Toyota RAV4 36,000 original miles cherry condition
IF YOU KNOW OF ANYONE????

MY MODS...WISH LIST
Then I will spend my $$ on visuals like the front skid plate, stainless nurf bars, fog/driving lights etc. Then...I will look towards performance stuff.

I'm looking forward to local meets and meeting everyone!! When time allows I hope to design some of my own custom mods!!

Again.....THANKS TO ALL!!!
Signed,
"Over anxious newbie!"
PS...THIS FORUM HAS BEEN SO VERY VALUABLE AND I DID JOIN AS A SUPPORTER!! THANKS!!

JAG!
10/20/2003, 08:41 PM
Nose wet, DR -- I felt giddy like that when I first got my VX -- I think I can speak for nearly all of us (and if not, slap me :D) on how we first felt when we finally had the VX in our possession.

And like you found out, the [search] option can really a be a friend..

Truly amazing; the wealth of information on this board.