PDA

View Full Version : Ran into another VX (not literally)

ramathorn
10/13/2012, 03:56 PM
Well after getting an alignment at a local tire shop I was driving down the road and spotted another Astral VX.. So of course I felt compelled to follow him until he saw me and pulled over!

He ended up being a member on here, VXNewbe (I think, there's a couple of them spelled differently). His may or may not be supercharged and has a winch hidden under the front cladding. After talking on the side of the road for a while, and needing a towel after I drooled all over his VX, he ended up giving me the SBC window brackets.

I now have a passenger side window that works :smilewink

Love the camaraderie with these rigs. Much better than ANY of the Jeep experiences I had. With the VX it's not a competition on who's rig is cooler, but rather a family of weird Japanese vehicles.

Not to get all sappy, but thanks to VXNewbe and all the rest of you guys out there!

H3_VX
10/13/2012, 05:30 PM
Cool story!

VxSport
10/13/2012, 05:32 PM
My wife calls us all VX Nerds. However you are correct, around here it is all for the vx family.

rowhard
10/13/2012, 08:51 PM
remember my first met, almost caused a accident trying to get to the side of the road to BS VX. Still love it 7 years later:grino: