PDA

View Full Version : took the vx out wheeling today.

chadzu
10/07/2012, 04:58 PM
Sorry no pictures.
Nice little trail up American fork canyon called forest lake trail. Nice medium level trail, probably beyond a stock vx, but just right for a modified one. This was the first time I was able to try out the terra low transfer case I installed. The 3.07 gears and the automatic work very well with each other. I managed to hole a side wall in one of my pro comp mud terrains, which sucked because the donut spare doesn't really work with 35's. I was able to plug up the hole with tire plugs to get out, but that tire is junk now.
I was pretty impressed with the vx. The 784 springs flex out nicely and the short wheelbase sure allows more line choices than the troopers I'm used to. Now if I can just learn to stop smacking my head on door frame, I do miss the trooper headroom.

Scott Larson
10/07/2012, 05:01 PM
Kudos for using it as intended, too bad about the Pro Comp though... Sounds like ya had fun regardless!

JoFotoz
10/07/2012, 05:21 PM
LOL...ME TOO
can just learn to stop smacking my head on door frame .

JoFotoz
10/07/2012, 05:22 PM
LOL...ME TOO :_brickwal

Now if iIcan just learn to stop smacking my head on door frame .

...I'm going to make a velcro attachable pad .

Jo

Scott Larson
10/07/2012, 06:37 PM
Oh, Oh Jo; your Alzheimer's is startin' to kick in...or maybe it was one-too-many knocks in the head. Hurry-up on that pad thingy...:_brickwal :bgwo: