PDA

View Full Version : LUCASE Oil : Ttrasnission Additive, anti slip,leak, claims alot for $11bucks

CowboyErik
10/03/2012, 12:00 AM
I have a lottop downstars running, with a full bottle of Lucas Oil Trasnmission Fix ready to put in the morning; it's sitting on the AC adapter which is HOT to pre-warm the solution as I undertstand it is thick. my 2nd/3rd gear bands/clutch packs are tour up; no metal was found in the pain, typical tiny priece at the magmet, what was in the pain was brown burnt smalling, very nasty, I washed it alll out and let ATF drip our for over a week, lots more came out; filled with 2 gallons and fired it up, ATF came pouring out of the DRIERS side of the radiator, the radiator's intercooler had let go, I knoew it wasn't the hoses, had to be a core; figired this would flush lines anyways; so not fitted up with new lines and radiator; variety of salvage yads in the area witht his commoin GM tranny, cheap and guaranteed; but first, what will LUCAS OIL TRANSMISSSION additive do? give me some temporary normal shifting? can it make things worse? Thanks, Erik

VxSport
10/03/2012, 05:15 AM
I have used the Lucas Trans Additive... I had an issue where the VX was shifing hard, I drained out a quart of ATF and replaced it with Lucas. i have not had the problem since, I later (20K) did a complete AFT oil and filter change and added Lucas again.
No problem since, all original Trans and cooler with 140K on the VX.

Good Luck.... Let us know if it does anything to help your situation. It's a long shot, but I wouldn't think it could or would do any more damage.

evillecutter
10/03/2012, 06:11 AM
my uncle sold used cars for the last 35 years most of them bought at auction and he has put a bottle of this in every single transmission he has ever had and swears buy it - whether or not it will fix your problem i dont know but i dont see how it would hurt - im not big on additives and their claims to do this and that but i trust lucas and seafoam ive used them both for years

tom4bren
10/03/2012, 06:16 AM
Lucas is my friend. He fixed my Power Steering leak.:)

CowboyErik
10/07/2012, 07:49 PM
LUCAS tranny treatment is THICK; the same pump I used to pump in ATF fluid had a hard time; got most of it in, warmed up the container first to get it thinned a little; and made sure the tranny pan was HOT to; before I started it I let out a few quarts of ATF, ran the LUCAS in, then ATF thru pump after; I got HALF my GEARS back; still need tranny rebuild/replace but that STUFF does WORD!

Scott Larson
10/07/2012, 08:00 PM
Yup, it's a friction modifier, it's not a permanent fix, but it will buy you time. Good luck with the rebuild and until then...:_steering :thumbup:

eternal21
10/08/2012, 07:50 AM
Lucas is the hotness. Every transmission/engine I've had in the past 10 years or so has had it in there, save for the BMW b/c it takes 10w-60.