PDA

View Full Version : Ode to my VX

Noctis
10/01/2012, 11:34 AM
No matter how rough a morning I've had.
No matter how horrible a day I am heading into.
I walk into my garage and there is my VX,
and I smile.

I'll never get tired of seeing my 2001 Ebony in the parking garage at work, or the points and looks I get on the streets.

I know I'm not alone...how does your VX make you feel?

Ldub
10/01/2012, 12:31 PM
I know I'm not alone...how does your VX make you feel?

Well...pretty darned good, thanks for ask'n...:thumbup:

nfpgasmask
10/01/2012, 12:58 PM
I've had my VX for over 6 years, and it never fails. Every time I take it for a spin, I get comments and I still look at it and think, "damn, that is so bad @55!!"

Bart

evillecutter
10/01/2012, 01:00 PM
every time i look at my vx i just want to ramp it into a giant mudhole then drive to moab with it all dirty and hang out with you all - then i remember it gets me to work and back so i cant do that... yet.

VXorado
10/01/2012, 01:43 PM
The VX reminds me of the good times climbing mountains and going on adventures. :yeso:

every time i look at my vx i just want to ramp it into a giant mudhole then drive to moab with it all dirty and hang out with you all - then i remember it gets me to work and back so i cant do that... yet.

Don't worry Evil, the VX can play multiple roles. Mine takes me to work on the weekdays and offroad on the weekends.

... see you in Moab??? :smilewink

Scott Larson
10/01/2012, 06:40 PM
Mine makes me feel all lemony-fresh every time I hop in and go for a spin...:rotate::cool!:

RickOKC
10/01/2012, 09:42 PM
My VX makes me all tingly! I already had a "dream car" that I loved (nothing exotic, just an '08 Mustang GT) and wouldn't considering replacing it but needed more hauling capability. So I added a VX and now every morning I have to decide which of two mega-fun vehicles that I want to drive to work. Considering how many miles I've added to each over the last 2 years - the VX is the winner.

Tingly and happy! LOL :)

SilverBullet75
10/02/2012, 12:49 PM
I've owned 2 VXs. I constantly modify and upgrade them... to the point of wanting to do an LS conversion soon.
During financial negotiations with my wife, she even offered me the opportunity to buy any other car with the engine of choice already installed (like a newer Camaro SS/LS3, or a Porsche). I don't want it!!! I want a VX with an LS3!
Lots of people have Cameros and Porsches. Not many have a VX. In fact, not many have a lifted VX. Furthermore, not many people have a lifted VX with a V8, let alone an LS2 or 3.

So for me, the VX IS my dream car.

Ldub
10/02/2012, 01:08 PM
So for me, the VX IS my dream car.

Now & forever my friend, now & forever...:yesgray:

VXR
10/02/2012, 10:01 PM
the VX IS my dream car.

X3:thumbup:

VX KAT
10/02/2012, 10:25 PM
Agree....

Agree....

Agree....

Agree....

Agree....

Agree....

Agree....#7....er ..um...wait a minute...not sure 'bout all that tingly stuff Rick....:_wtf:

Agree....#8.."During financial negotiations with my wife"....dat der's just plain funny, I don't care who ya are.....:laugho:

Agree....

evillecutter
10/03/2012, 06:19 AM
... see you in Moab???

someday rado... someday

Cobrajet
10/04/2012, 05:52 PM
My VX makes me feel lucky to own "...one of them new [fill in the blank]..." Even after 11 years it's still looks like a new model.

JMNY
10/05/2012, 10:07 AM
I usually save my VX for a weekend drive or a Friday commute to work. It sits in my garage detailed to the fullest. I wanted one for 10 years - finally got it - I still open my garage door and stop and look at it. So do my kids (12 and under).

I drove it to work today - 75 and sunny in NJ - and get reminded over and over why I sacrificed to get my VX. There is nothing like it. I have my Proton Kille Bee parked taking two spots and I cant wait to drive it again on my way home.

It is my dream vehicle. No one can understand - but all of you!
Glad I am in the club and a proud owner of a VX!