PDA

View Full Version : suspension settling?

princejazzbo
09/20/2012, 03:06 PM
so i just installed some new suspension parts on my vx. ome 919 rear springs, rancho 9000xl shocks. independent4x hd torsion bars, with front ball joint flip and spacers. i'm sitting on mickey thompson baja stz tires (265/75r16) when i finished the install measured ground to bottom of outer edge of cladding at 38" in the rear and 37" at the front. took my vx in for alignment and now front is sitting at 36" on one side and 36.5" on the other. shop says they didn't mess with my torsion bars. but is it possible the front settled that much. or is the shop covering their butt and they really cranked down the torsion bars to adjust my alignment. any thoughts?

SilverBullet75
09/20/2012, 03:11 PM
Did you drive the VX over bumps, etc, to settle it before you measured it yourself? If not, then I'd say, yes... It can settle like that.

I found a parking lot with lots of speed bumps and went over them like I didn't see them a few times. Then I did slalom down my cul de sac a few times. Neighbors were at work luckily.
:)

princejazzbo
09/20/2012, 03:15 PM
so it is possible for the settling because i measured after driving over a few bumps but not many, and the new measurement is after i made a parking spot for my self on a drainage ditch cover that was about a 12" drop :bwgy:

Maddawg
09/25/2012, 03:46 PM
Does anyone know if the upper ball joint is indexed to the control arm? Thinking about flipping and adding spacers.