PDA

View Full Version : Need help with some issues with my VX..PLEASE

jheyson =)
09/13/2012, 08:54 PM
Hello VX family,

My name is Jheyson. i own a 2000 proton, with i bought in 2010. Currently,It has 112 000 mile on it. This is my first car ,and i would like to keep it forever. It is my daily drive to go to the University, with is 5 minutes from the place I live...no highways ...my school is just around the corner.

I need your helpppppp !!!! Any imput would be really appreciated

First issue>>>This issue started one month ago.When I put the car in the ignition and turn the key, the car does not start. I can hear that the car is trying to activate ,but every time i turn the key on , I hear a puff sound because the car does not connect or something. Sometimes , It starts but it it is too weak to keep running and it dies again. It like if you plug the cord of the TV to the outlet ,and suddenly you unplugged it(graphic example). After many tries the car runs.I am not sure what is causing this ,but my mechanic told me that it could be the ignition cylinder lock ,which is where you put the key. He checked the battery ,and it seems to be ok. He replaced the battery 6 months ago. Everytime that i want to start the car now, i have to try at least 12 times to get the engine running.

Second issue>>>>This happened around 1 month ago,too. When I am driving suddenly the vx, something bad happens. When I press the gas , the RPM goes up really fast ,and my velocity slows down. I press again bass and the RPM goes up but the velocity doesn't. I will give you an example........for example ...put the car in neutral and press the gas......or ...put your car in park and press gas......the RPM will go up .....this is what is happening to me when aim driving ...I have to pull up to the side every time that this happens , and i have to turn off the car ...turn the car again , but usually it happens again.

...the other day , i heard a bad sound under the car as i was driving.. It was right bellow the driver's side...in the undercarriage ....around the middle of the two tires ...to be more specific..Iam not sure what is under there but aim not sure if i wet something when i was washing my car or something ...i am not sure ...

One more thing....my mechanic changed my ERG with my mother's VX ERG valve because mine was getting "check engine"...also the mechanic put an ERG valve from another car , with was a 3.2 to see if that works , but i don't think it worked because the check engine came a few days latter. I think that is when i had the First issue.....but the second issue has been happening for about 2 months ...but it is occasionally
Iam really puzzled about it ,and I want my vx to recover from this one.

Thank you for your time reading this. I appreciate if you have any suggestions or questions since Iam going to see my mechanic on the weekend.
Again, thank you VX family,

Jheyson,

jheyson =)
09/13/2012, 08:56 PM
...SORRY, I posted twice. It was not my intention. just i guess worry about my vx that i double clicked ..