PDA

View Full Version : Any VX owners in (west) Michigan?

enginerd
09/11/2012, 05:38 PM
Do any of you live in the Grand Rapids area? If so, is anyone willing to meet up for 10 minutes so I can look at your VX?

I have been looking for one for the last week. I'm tempted to purchase sight unseen, but i'd really like to see one in person first.

Thanks,
Eric

VxSport
09/11/2012, 09:08 PM
Well, sorry I won't be back in MI until the spring, I have a place up north of you. I was also born in Grand Rapids.

Read my profile.... I did my research for a couple years, then bought our VX, sight unseen and no test drive. At the time the nearest VX for sale was over 500 miles in a nearby state, I bought it.

enginerd
09/12/2012, 05:41 PM
I never bought anything sight unseen, but a VX might warrant it. I've only been looking a week, so I'm not too impatient yet. Hopefully I'm not looking in the spring yet, but stranger things have happened...

Do you take your VX offroad in Michigan? I think a VX would be a riot in the dunes. :)

dietz99vcross
09/12/2012, 08:30 PM
I am in Kalamazoo and have a 99 that shows what 13 and a half years of Michigan winters will do to it. I have no plans on selling mine but would have no problem meeting up with you and letting you check it out. I am periodically in G.R. but with gas above $4/gallon it is usually in another vehicle. Let me know - Mike

tom4bren
09/13/2012, 08:38 AM
Go to the home page. On the left side is the search function. Use the drop down to select 'Members'. Leave the next field blank. Click on 'Advanced'. Click 'Go'.

On the next page, put MI in the State. Click on 'Search'

Scroll through the list for the closest member(s) to you but pay attention to the column that shows the last time they visited the site (they may no longer be owners).

PM them to see if they'd be willing to meet up with you to check out their ride.

enginerd
09/13/2012, 08:57 AM
Thanks for the tip Tom!

Mike, I go through Kzoo every couple of weeks. I will shoot you a PM the next time I make the trip.

tom4bren
09/13/2012, 09:17 AM
Thanks for the tip Tom!

De Nada.

BTW, I like your handle ... cuz I are one too.:)