PDA

View Full Version : Isuzu dealership sign

Marlin
09/08/2012, 12:58 PM
There is an old empty isuzu dealership about 1 mile from my new house. The HUGE dealership sign is still there as well as a bunch of other misc signage.
I talked to the GM of the brother Ford/mitsu dealership about getting the signs from them. Corporate called me today and told me to make an offer and that they just sold the property. I am going to offer them 200 for the whole lot. We will see how that goes. The primary sign is the Zu emblem with the river, that part is about 24" diameter attached to a 6 ft red insert. Same on the other side. There are also 18" tall "ISUZU" plastic lettering under it. I am thinking of turning the Zu emblem into a sweet man room light:) THere is also a "Isuzu parts and service" sign above the garage entrance, how cool would that be in my garage! There might be other misc signs throughout the buildings.

All that said, would anyone be interested in the other half of the sign or parts of it? I will post up how much pending them accepting my offer.

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/isuzubigsign.jpg (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=22815)

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/isuzuservicesign.jpg (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=22816)

ND92
09/08/2012, 01:22 PM
I saw that sign when I was on my way through to moab this year. Stopped in to see if it was a real dealership but couldn't find anything.

vt_maverick
09/08/2012, 01:28 PM
I'm interested Chris, just let me know what's available as soon as you get in there.

Check with "Little Joe's" too they used to have a dealership in Norfolk and still sell parts a la St. Charles.

Marlin
09/08/2012, 01:46 PM
I saw that sign when I was on my way through to moab this year. Stopped in to see if it was a real dealership but couldn't find anything.

You drove through Newport News, va?

vt_maverick
09/08/2012, 02:07 PM
Wondered that too... maybe he thought you were still living in the PNW?

ND92
09/08/2012, 02:16 PM
You drove through Newport News, va?
Oh my bad :p it looks exactly the same as one in salt lake as I was driving past.

VXorado
09/08/2012, 03:33 PM
I'm also interested depending on what's available

The service sign would be great for your garage. :yeso::yeso:

tysamigo
09/08/2012, 04:54 PM
I'm interested in anything smaller that I can hang in my garage like smaller signs, banners,etc

Marlin
09/09/2012, 07:09 AM
I am going to haggle with them. My F250 is in their shop, blowing white and blue smoke at downshift when the turbo spins down, probably EGR cooler leak into the oil cooler. Trying to get them to do an EGR delete, not legal, but a must for the 6.0 powerstroke. If I have them do the work, I will see if they throw in the signs...:)

Marlin
09/27/2012, 02:14 PM
Sweet,I ended up trading my F250 in for a brand new Fusion. SEL with everything except Nav.
Anyway, I managed to use that time to schmooz with the GM. Long story short, I scored all the signs, I am going by on Sunday to check out all the Zu signs I get:) I can tell you that one of the Zu emblems w/river and the "isuzu service and parts are mine." I know Ash gets first dibs. There are two sets of the Large "I S U Z U" letters, another Zu emblem with river. I will post up what else there is once I pick them up.

vt_maverick
09/27/2012, 07:32 PM
Thanks Chris, I'll be in Newport News again next Friday so maybe we can get together then.

etlsport
09/27/2012, 08:13 PM
Nice! Let us know what you got.. I would love an Isuzu emblem in my garage...

Vendetta
09/27/2012, 09:34 PM
Good get! Love the parts and service sign idea for the garage.

Back in the day, a few friends and I would have "done a mission" at around 2am and acquired those signs gratis.

I've got a LOW FLYING PLANES sign around here somewhere. Which? By the way? Is the coolest thing to have on your wall as a teenager if you've got model warplanes hanging from your bedroom ceiling.

Ahh, the stupid ***** we did as kids...

-V

Marlin
09/28/2012, 04:09 AM
Good get! Love the parts and service sign idea for the garage.

Back in the day, a few friends and I would have "done a mission" at around 2am and acquired those signs gratis.

I've got a LOW FLYING PLANES sign around here somewhere. Which? By the way? Is the coolest thing to have on your wall as a teenager if you've got model warplanes hanging from your bedroom ceiling.

Ahh, the stupid ***** we did as kids...

-V

I talked to the GM about my thoughts on "removing" the old signs for them. He said, they probably wouldn't have noticed for quite some time, and would hav ejust claimed insurance for the $40K those signs cost.

WormGod
09/28/2012, 07:20 AM
Funny, but while I was out and about last weekend picking up supplies for my Halloween costume, I passed buy an ISUZU, YES, an ISUZU dealership, in Frederick MD. No mistaking that giant red ISUZU sign on the building. A little research turned up FSK Lincoln Mercury Volvo Audi Isuzu. I must inquire within to see "what they can do for me". :)

Marlin
10/05/2012, 02:08 PM
After difficult negotiations, and buying a $30K Ford Fusion, I finally negotiated a final price I could live with, not what I offered, but low enough for me to buy them:). I am now the proud owner of some genuine Isuzu dealership signs. Having said that, I am selling a few of them to recoup my costs so I can buy some Indy4x HD torsion bars.
Ash has 1st dibs, then VXorado, then tysamigo and after that, they are up for grabs. Here a few pics of what is available with the prices. We will have to figure out shipping, I have a corporate UPS account, so that will save a bit. These signs are 15 yrs old, so some sun fading, and on the oval, some minor cracking on the inner edges where it was glued to the giant red banner. The actual face is in great shape and would make a perfect clock or light.
The oval is 24" in diameter. $150 plus shipping. SOLD
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/medium/zuoval.jpg

The lettering is 12" tall by 72" long. I had to climb inside the sign to get them out, I thought they were individual pieces:( $100 each plus shipping. They are in perfect shape, dirty, but no cracks or anything, would be perfect for a 6' fluorescent bar/garage light. I have 1 of these available.

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/medium/isuzu_large.jpg

VXorado
10/05/2012, 02:18 PM
Nice, let me know what's available after Ashley decides.

tysamigo
10/06/2012, 04:44 AM
Eagerly waiting in line... :drool:

vt_maverick
10/06/2012, 06:32 AM
Hmmm... thought there would be more? I'll pass on these, thanks for remembering me though!

VXorado
10/06/2012, 07:32 AM
All right I'm up. Marlin can you tell me about the letters some more? It looks like a solid fiberglass piece, does it mount to anything? How would you add a light?

Marlin
10/07/2012, 10:16 AM
VXorado is up, they are a hard plastic. As far as lights, just get one of those standard 48' fluorescent fixtures from Lowes for 12 bucks,and you can mount it to the back, build a wood frame or aluminum or whatever you like. There is plenty of border on the lettering to drill holes, and so on. You could also use a jigsaw or sawzall and separate the letters if you would like. All that is up to you. You could paint the lettering face red or vice versa. The dealership sign was a giant 1/4" thick steel with the lettering cut out. They push the plastic through the steel and put lights behind it. The same could be done with wood if you were so inclined. It would make a great man room/game room light or go the metal route and make a garage light. I am going to turn one of the ovals into a light for my man room/family room. Same for the Zu parts and service light. I may have one more sign to get, the other parts and service, although it does not say Isuzu. I just got to find a 20' ladder so I can get to them. My 14' is not tall enough:(
Let me know if you want anything.
They sell 12" round light fixtures for 30 bucks, that is what I am using for the other oval.

Marlin
10/10/2012, 06:33 AM
UPDATE*** The oval and one of the 6' signs are gone. One 6' sign left. I tried peeking inside the building for more signs, I didn't see anything, but who knows what is in there. I need to figure out a time to see if the GM can let me in:)

VXorado
10/10/2012, 07:34 AM
Just got the okay from my wife last night to buy the oval sign... guess I missed my turn. :(

Marlin
10/22/2012, 05:55 PM
I still have one large sign left, the box costs me 16 bucks, then cut and fit the sign. For shipping estimate, use 74x14x14. Say 10lbs or so. My zip is 23608.