PDA

View Full Version : Taking to Dealership for repair- Need Advice

EclipseGSX
10/17/2003, 09:20 AM
Couple questions:

How do I know when my bumper to bumper warranty is good for? I have a 2001 so I should still be covered.

Anyone have the TSB number for the window binding problem?

This repair should be no charge, right?

Last time I took a car here (a Mistu Eclipse GSX), I ended up paying $500 for some b.s. part that was not covered under warranty.

Thanks in advance.

Raque Thomas
10/17/2003, 09:29 AM
If you are the original owner, you have a 10 year, 120,000 mile warranty, if you are not the original owner, you have a 5 yr, 60,000 mile warranty. This is the powertrain warranty. For the so-called bumper to bumper warranty, it is 3yr or 50,000 miles. According to the warranty book, door and window adjustments are only covered for 12 months/12,000 miles (interesting that they specify window adjustments isn't it?)

With all that said, take it to the dealer and get them to fix it under warranty, it is a common enough problem that they should know about it (at least the factory rep will know about it). Good luck!

omegavx
10/17/2003, 09:33 AM
I had to call isuzu ameria and get them to change the name screen on my truck so I was reflected as the new owner (ie: warranty covered owner). They said the warranty was 5 years 60,000 miles for the powertrain and 3 years 50,000 miles (i believe) on the bumper to bumper. I think it was 50,000 miles but you'd have to call them to make sure.

I've had the window binding fixed (replaced a regulator or somthing), headlight striping (somwhat fixed, I ended up redoing it myself cause they f***ed it up) and all 4 rims completely replaced under warranty. The dealer really had no questions or problems doing any of this work, it didn't cost me a dime, it just took awhile for the rims to come in.

You'd actually be amazed at how bright and shinny the rims look when they are chromed on the inner back portion compared to dark and chipping :)

Hope this helps,

GirlLikeThat80
10/21/2003, 10:09 AM
How do I find out if my car is under warranty? I bought my 1999 VX from a friend a few months ago and it has ~18,000 miles.

CoPiChE
10/21/2003, 10:25 AM
mmmm , It's hard to believe that a '99 would have that little mileage. Did you run the vin on Carmax to see any odometer info?

ScubaSteve
10/21/2003, 10:34 AM
yeah a 99 with that little seems REALLY fishy to me........

johnnyapollo
10/21/2003, 01:23 PM
It's possible. There's an 01 Proton on eBay right now with less than 600 miles (supercharged too!).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6270&item=2438737300

-- John

AlaskaVX
10/21/2003, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by johnnyapollo
less than 6k miles (supercharged too!).
LESS THAN 600 MILES! I KNEW THIS WAS COMING SOME DAY! WISH I HAD THE MONEY! He is a member here, all I can remember is that his name started with an "s" (on the forums) If I was him I would keep it in the garage untill they are worth more than now. Oh ya he had a really nice garage too! I doubt it will sell right now since if I were him I would be asking for at least 30g

Cyrk
10/21/2003, 01:52 PM
sugino's VX...

Nice!

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/515/146dsc00189.jpg

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/515/146dsc00190.jpg

ScubaSteve
10/21/2003, 07:21 PM
ehh... i guess it's ok... if you're into the rubber-bando tires. plus, why the 2 inch lift? makes it look kinda wimpy to me, but hey - to each his own, right?

as for those previous posts... 6K means 6000, not 600. He wouldn't/shouldn't ask 30k for it, as it's not worth 30k. And finally it wouldn't make sense to hold on to it til it's "worth more than that" as cars are liabilities, not assets. The VX, although fun as heck, is far from a collectible.....

not a bid fan of the protons really either. takes a special driver to pull it off... :)

hm sorry so negative. just finished tiling the kitchen -- er... REtiling the kitchen....................................

johnnyapollo
10/22/2003, 03:22 AM
My Bad, I put "less than 6K" when it's actually "less than 600" - ad states it only has 550 miles. I'd say that the VX is a collectible due to rarity, whether it is demanding collectible prices today or a year from now. There are limited numbers and our trucks will eventually be sought after and difficult to obtain. Logic dictates that the prices will go up when it attains that status (of course logic has proved my wrong in the past).

-- John

CoPiChE
10/22/2003, 06:45 AM
I agree w/ scuba, IMO Thinner tires and bigger wheels is only for Exotic Big Cars like a Navigator or an X5. For this type off road 4x4 type of car, thicker ( on the sidewall ) tires and smaller wheels looks better and more aggressive.
I dont see the lifting nice either and as for the mileage, it is posible that it really has that mileage given the year of the car, but a '99 maybe not.

Navigator
10/22/2003, 11:09 AM
If I kept my second vehicle my 99' VX would still be in its low 20's. Just clocked 35k still looks and drives as good as new.

Navigator
10/22/2003, 11:19 AM
Lifted with street tires.

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/515/146dsc00189.jpg

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/515/146dsc00190.jpg

Pristine, only 600 miles on it... For SALE after all that effort... wow!

GirlLikeThat80
10/24/2003, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by CoPiChE
mmmm , It's hard to believe that a '99 would have that little mileage. Did you run the vin on Carmax to see any odometer info?

NO, that's the mileage on the car. My friend, who previously owned it, rarely drove it around.

deermagnet
10/24/2003, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by GirlLikeThat80
How do I find out if my car is under warranty? I bought my 1999 VX from a friend a few months ago and it has ~18,000 miles.

This info is from my 1999 Isuzu Owner Warranty Information booklet.

"The Isuzu New Vehicle Limited Warranty is extended to the first owner and all subsequent owners of the vehicle during the warranty period." 36 months or 50K miles.

Isuzu Roadside Assistance Program is for the duration of the stated warranty- towing, flat tires, out of fuel, dead battery, and lockout. Call 1-800-444-0303.

What is not covered: Misuse, abuse, etc. Tires.
Surface corrosion on OTHER THAN body panels, battery, seat upholstery, A/C refrigerant, AFTER the first 12 months or 12K miles.

"The Isuzu Powertrain Limited Warranty is extended to the first owner and all subsequent owners of the vehicle during the warranty period." 60 months or 60K miles.
Engine
Transmission
Steering
Suspension and Axle

"The Isuzu Limited Warranty Covering Perforation from Corrosion is extended to the first owner and all subsequent owners of the vehicle during the warranty period." 72 months or 100K miles.
All body sheet metal panels for perforation or "rust-through" due to corrosion.

Warranty Covering Federal Emission Control Systems for new 1999 Isuzu Vehicles. 2 years or 24K miles.
Air/Fuel System
Evaporative Emission Control System
PCV System
EGR System
Ignition System

8 years or 80K miles.
Powertrain Control Module
Three-Way Catalytic Converter

It looks like you lost the bumper-to-bumper at 36 months. You still have the powertrain to 60 months, corrosion to 72 months, and the PCM to 8 years. Mileage will probably never be a factor for you. Do you know the original purchase date by your friend? I guess that's when it all started.

Mark