PDA

View Full Version : I just opened my garage door again

JMNY
08/21/2012, 08:04 PM
I cant stop looking at my Killer Bee Proton VX. I still cant believe that I FINALLY have one and it is sitting in my garage!!! :happyface
I still do a double take....

On my 300 mile trip home from New Hampshire with my VX a guy pulled up next to me on a highway in Connecticut, stuck his head out of the window while driving and gave me a huge thumbs up....I was afraid he was going to crash into me or someone else looking at my VX!

I have had a few more "what is that" or "WOW" COMMENTS in my first couple of days.

But...I think I am still the most amazed... :bwgy:

samneil2000
08/22/2012, 05:42 AM
Your fun is just beginning... ;)

Mile High VX
08/22/2012, 06:47 AM
Your fun is just beginning... ;)

And the slow and steady, yet satisfying, drain of your wallet...:bwgy::smilewink:bgwo::bgwb:

Noctis
08/22/2012, 07:39 AM
Congrats! The stares from other people doesn't get old, at least not yet for me.

Though one guy almost rear ended someone else because he was hanging out his window gawking.....

HeckaTrebeka
08/22/2012, 07:42 AM
Hey I just got a Proton Yellow on Monday in Spokane, WA! Congrats to you and me! :D

JMNY
08/22/2012, 01:20 PM
Give me some details.
Mine is almost all stock except the back up camera and a DC Converter.
110000 miles on the clock.....but CLEAN!
pROBABLY going to have all of the fluids drained shortly.

CONGRATS!

VXorado
08/22/2012, 02:15 PM
Congrats guys. :dance:

kehecross
08/22/2012, 05:23 PM
Give me some details.

CONGRATS!

Welcome to the Proton family.JMNY and Hecka :)The looks and questions never get old.

bssage
08/23/2012, 02:37 PM
Its wild the way people will just talk to you. I have had some rides. A 300 z, a conquest TSI, A 66 mustang 2x2. I have never had people just come up and talk about the car like my VX.

Y33TREKker
08/23/2012, 02:48 PM
Same here on both topics. I don't know how many times over the years I've been walking through the garage only to be suddenly compelled to just stop and stare at my Ebony for a minute or two, or how it's affected others in apparently the same way as they've been walking by the parking space it's been in around town. The genuine interest it sparks that results in people of all walks of life to behave like little kids simply checking out a new toy never get's old.

HeckaTrebeka
08/24/2012, 12:20 PM
Give me some details.

Mine is bone stock. Had 99,900 miles on it when I picked it up. Bought it from the original owner. He didn't drive it much(hence the low mileage) and used synthetic oil in it. He never had changed the differential and t-case fluids so I did that before I drove it home. Also the Serpentine belt was cracked horribly so I replaced that as well.

A couple days after I got it home, I installed a TOD-off switch because it was acting up from the spare tire that was on it. Runs like a dream and now drives great! :)

RickOKC
08/24/2012, 07:11 PM
Ha ha, JMNY! Eventually you'll stop opening your garage over and over just to stare at your VX in about...... well, I don't really know. I've had mine for 2 years and I STILL do that on a regular basis, LOL!

The last time I went to Cars & Coffee, I parked WAY out in a corner of the spectator parking lot because I'd been to busy to detail my road-grimey VX and park in the "show off section." A few days later I noticed someone had still taken a photo and posted it on the official site!