PDA

View Full Version : You won't believe what I found in my VX

Marlin
08/16/2012, 08:29 AM
Finally home from deployment. Lots of things to do. Both Zus only had 20 lbs of pressure in the tires. Finally got them aired up to 50lbs in mine and 40 in the wife's. That took awhile. My CO2 bottle was empty:( Turns out, gas station air pumps don' like to go to 50lbs. My wife had my truck detailed and the frame restored and painted while I was gone. I was checking out the paint job, which looks good except they painted my SFIS black and all the pretty red I had under there. Everything I ever worked on, front axle housing, brackets and so on, I had blasted and painted red. It's how I keep track of what I had done. Now it's all shiny black.
Anyway, while inspecting the paint, I saw what looked like the mouth of a tarantula sticking out of the front frame rails! It was big enough that it was also visible in the next set of holes and I could see brown speckled fur. Turns out, it was the balls of a mouse or chipmunk sticking out!!! Alive and well. I tried to chase him out, but he has free run of the entire frame, and a little nest in there. Looks like I will have to poison them. I assume there are more. Last thing I need is to have them chewing on wires or making their way in side the cab.
I don't want to kill them, but I don't see any other way to get them out.
Its nice to be home, all 3 trucks up and running. I have some work to do on mine to get it tip top ready for Uwharrie in October, yippee!

evillecutter
08/16/2012, 09:04 AM
mouseballs... if i had a nickel... try smokin em out

oh, and welcome home!

Breezy
08/16/2012, 09:16 AM
Find a decent water crossing. :)

bssage
08/16/2012, 10:56 AM
At the risk of my forum standing.

I believe a big mean puzzy could take care of your mouse ball problems.

And I am sorry in advance.

Mile High VX
08/16/2012, 11:18 AM
Welcome Home!

Thank you for your service.

VX MileHigh
08/16/2012, 12:43 PM
Yes, thank you very much for your service. About the vistor in the frame, you might try putting mothballs in the frame to chase him out.

VXorado
08/16/2012, 05:03 PM
Find a decent water crossing. :)

Yes, some good offroading will shake em out. :bgwo:

Welcome Back!!!

Marlin
08/16/2012, 05:49 PM
Offroading...hmmm, I do have reservations for the Hallowharrie event in October.
Would that be transporting wild animals?

pbkid
08/17/2012, 09:26 AM
I would tend to lean towards a pressure washer to take care of em. or a water crossing :)