PDA

View Full Version : Some inside mods..fun fun...bleh

VX4EJR
08/13/2012, 07:30 AM
Took a majority of the dash apart and am doing the following:

1) Relocated rear defrost button from front dash to center console, right next to side mirror defrost...personal preference. Spliced and ran extension wiring, pain in the $&# but it worked. Don't know why the VX didn't have this configuration originally, although opinions will vary :smilewink
2) Replaced factory radio with a Sony DSX-S310BTX, wiring harness adapter a pain to solder and connect but finished. VX antenna lead in dash was too short, had to get an extension cable. Strange thing though, the four factory screws I pulled out that held the stock stereo in did not screw back into the dash..seems the screws either grew in size over night or the screw threads on the dash shrunk..or, well I don't know...had to use different screws. Regardless, to those who are on the fence about ditching the factory radio and CD changer....just do it! The sound difference, radio features and options to play digital media will be worth it :yesgray:
3) Will soon replace front factory speakers with Sony XS-GTX1642 6.5"s, rears will be Kicker KS60's when I get a chance to painfully pull those panels and then cut the bracket :upsetgray
4) Changing factory alarm single LED on dash to two LEDs mounted on door panels, spliced and split the factory leads and ran two separate wires left and right in dash to go into door panels :smilegray
5) Installed LEDGlow accent tubes in front footwells and back seat area, creatively put the switch/control module in the ashtray..simple pull out and play. Some issue with mounting the tubes up front..no clean flat surface to use...have to get creative once again :yesgray:

Seems like a lot of work, wife doesn't get it, doesn't matter. Pics soon.

VXorado
08/13/2012, 07:50 AM
Seems like a lot of work, wife doesn't get it, doesn't matter. Pics soon.

My wife is the same... always questioning my VX motives. :rolleyes:

VX4EJR
08/13/2012, 04:30 PM
My wife is the same... always questioning my VX motives. :rolleyes:

The less they know, the better off everyone is.