PDA

View Full Version : "Wipe New" Vinyl Restoration Product...

mikieg
08/12/2012, 08:54 AM
Anyone try this "Wipe New" surface restoration product on their cladding yet? Thanx.

https://www.getwipenew.com/

gonzo7231
08/12/2012, 09:04 AM
Got mine in the mail yesterday. Will let everyone know how it works!

Gonzo

VX KAT
08/12/2012, 09:25 AM
Got mine in the mail yesterday. Will let everyone know how it works!

Gonzo

That's great, now we'll have this as a separate thread on this product, just like we have on R/R, Showroom New and TC Black Fusion.
Def take a ton of pics so we can follow the entire process! :thumbup:

ALC1717
08/12/2012, 02:16 PM
From my Limited Experience, "Showroom New" is the BEST Product to Treat the Black Cladding !

whitebreadx
08/12/2012, 02:33 PM
I tried the wipe new and so far after having it on for a month and after two car washes, i can say that its doing what its supposed to do... sorry no pictures due to no working camera: (. The product seems to be great though.

Ebony1433
08/12/2012, 02:55 PM
I applied it to my truck last Monday. You have to apply it with long strokes that overlap each other's edges slightly....kind of like painting with a paintbrush, just with a microfiber towel. I watched the video on Wipe New's website to make sure I did it right.
Finished product was a little streaky in spots, but the cladding looked pretty damn good...better than anything I've used...including Back to Black, and Turtle Wax Ice.
I did apply it to the inside door panels, as shown on the video, but no real improvement, no different than Armor-All would have done.
The kit also comes with fine sandpaper, so I sanded down the haze on the plastic headlight cover, and applied it. Much better results than using Rain-X's headlight restoration kit.
You supposedly can do 2 cars according to the instructions....not so much. After applying two coats, I might have enough to do the bumpers of the girlfriend's Subaru.
However, we've had 2 severe rainstorms this week, and the shine is unaffected, with no spotting.
So far, so good...I do seem to recall someone posting that Wipe-New is good for about 3 months....so, we will see.

xtrmes
08/12/2012, 08:56 PM
I see they even have a VX in the pics on there site and in the video. I'm surprised they didn't put it on the cladding.

don moore
08/12/2012, 10:34 PM
the wife just came out of the tv room .she said she just saw a comercial on tv with a VX on it about some kind of restore product,,,,lol i told her i knew about it ..wow it gets out fast..soon my friends will tell me about it.

don moore
08/12/2012, 10:39 PM
just wet over the video again .. the blue tape on that Volvo held up real good after 100 car washes.

Otto
08/22/2012, 12:57 PM
Just curious, how is the new wipe holding up

blacksambo
08/22/2012, 08:34 PM
Formula 303 seems to work well.

VX KAT
08/23/2012, 12:17 AM
I applied it to my truck last Monday. You have to apply it with long strokes that overlap each other's edges slightly....kind of like painting with a paintbrush, just with a microfiber towel. I watched the video on Wipe New's website to make sure I did it right.
Finished product was a little streaky in spots, but the cladding looked pretty damn good...better than anything I've used...including Back to Black, and Turtle Wax Ice.

The kit also comes with fine sandpaper, so I sanded down the haze on the plastic headlight cover, and applied it. Much better results than using Rain-X's headlight restoration kit.

However, we've had 2 severe rainstorms this week, and the shine is unaffected, with no spotting.
So far, so good...I do seem to recall someone posting that Wipe-New is good for about 3 months....so, we will see.

I'm curious about "the SHINE" you mentioned...is it really a shiny finish or how would you describe it?? The Showroom New dye has a matte look out of the sun, and somewhat of a sheen in the sun.

How long does it take to dry?

How long does the product say it will last? I thought I saw a "2 yr guarantee" logo on the bottle on the commercial.

Does it attract dust like Back to Black?

blacksambo
08/26/2012, 09:13 PM
Excellent questions!

vt_maverick
08/27/2012, 04:07 AM
Sounds a lot like Armordillo TS-1...

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?p=220677&highlight=armordillo#post220677

Ebony1433
12/18/2012, 10:31 PM
Well, I answered this just a little late....too many threads on the topic....are we up to 8 now?
Regarding shine level, no different than Back to Black, or Turtle Ice.
However, does not have that static charge of other products I've used, so no turning into a rolling dust bunny of pollen and pollution...
So, it's been 4 months, parked exclusively outside....even through Hurricane Sandy.
Bottom line? So far, so good...and what I applied to the girlfriend's Forester looks like new, with the exception of the pebble-grain texture guard on the rear bumper...so I'm guessing the finer and tighter the emboss, the better Wipe-New is absorbed?

givegodachance
12/19/2012, 03:16 AM
i have used "back to black" and it works great. I had to put a dew coats on it cause the sun damage was pretty bad but i havent had to add more and its been about 2 months.

catskilljay
12/19/2012, 07:25 AM
hmm... u mus b parkn in a garage or in mild climate alot?? because my B to B barely survives a good rain or washn ?

VX KAT
12/19/2012, 08:40 AM
Sounds like the Wipe New is very similar to the Showroom New dye, as both moreless say they're permanent. :thumbup:
And the application technique Ebony described sounds identical to what I, and others found with SN.
Here's the thread on Showroom New- in case you haven't seen it.
http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=19927&highlight=showroom

givegodachance
12/19/2012, 09:19 AM
Its parked outside and normally about 60 or so for highs. I rubbed it in reall good and it lasts. Did you put it on in a cool place out of the sun? Maybe that is the difference. I followed the directions to a tee

Triathlete
12/19/2012, 09:34 AM
Sue, they are refering to back to black not the wipe new product.

VX KAT
12/19/2012, 09:37 AM
Sue, they are refering to back to black not the wipe new product.

I clarified it…the 2 quotes made it sound like I was talking about B2B.

Ldub
12/19/2012, 04:15 PM
hmm... u mus b parkn in a garage or in mild climate alot?? because my B to B barely survives a good rain or washn ?

i have used "back to black" and it works great. I had to put a dew coats on it cause the sun damage was pretty bad but i havent had to add more and its been about 2 months.
Dude...you have to use "dew coats"...:yesgray:

In all seriousness, I prefer Meguiairs grape jelly (http://www.meguiarsdirect.com/product/4629), it lasts longer.

catskilljay
12/23/2012, 09:15 AM
well ill give it a shot nextime! This east coast post apocalypse climate seems 2 b wreaking havoc on me VX

fotomaker
12/26/2012, 06:45 AM
Had my Dragon professionally detailed. They used Wipe New on my cladding. They said it took 3 coats to get right. She sure looks great!

tom4bren
12/26/2012, 07:07 AM
I'll be a lifelong B2B fan (even if I have to re-apply 3-4 times a year). I'm a sloppy detailer & I know that B2B doesn't harm the paint like other products do.

tom4bren
12/27/2012, 11:09 AM
I used a gummy eraser to rub off the SN, it came off, and no harm or discoloration to paint.

You just LOVE correcting me ... don't you!!!

Ldub
12/27/2012, 05:22 PM
You just LOVE correcting me ... don't you!!!

It's not just Suzee...I enjoy that pass time too...:rotate:

mborodi
12/27/2012, 05:34 PM
I did mine with
"Back to Black" before the front end was ripped off.. after I got it back from MACCO and their crappy paint job (1200 bucks) and the new front cladding was still original replacement part (thank you Merlin) I still havent done the front cladding with the Back to Black spray yet.. but I did buy the Wipe New.. but I was too chicken to to do it.. I needed a guinea pig.. (thanks!) so.. now Im wondering it the rest of the cladding will match if I just do the whole kaboodle with Wipe New..

H3_VX
12/27/2012, 06:31 PM
I just got Wipe New for XMAS. Won't be able to try it until spring/summer though.