PDA

View Full Version : Importing a VehiCross to Costa Rica!

HubEZ
08/10/2012, 09:24 AM
One year ago I moved to Costa Rica from US/Canada and sold my Proton when I moved which ended up going to the US Virgin Islands, now I am feeding my addiction and importing an Ebony 01 to Costa Rica, it's still in the US getting multiple upgrades first before I put it on a container ship as it would cost 2-3 times more to have work done to it here and even more impossible to get parts. It will be the perfect vehicle down here, off road and on road. There a lots of Isuzu here too, but no VehiCross... yet to my knowledge and I have asked around everywhere.
I'll put some photos up of the VehiCross in the rainforest, jungle, and beach, Jurassic park style.
As a group we should slowly start increasing the price of these vehicles, they are very rare, and becoming more and more rare every year, a great sight to see, and an awesome toy. Surely a collector’s item in the future, I already feel it is as I have bought my second one.
If there is anyone out there that already has one in Costa Rica please contact me and we will have a meet!
Update: Apparently CoastieCosta567 has one here.

VEHISIC
08/10/2012, 09:58 AM
Thats amazing to hear! good job, these VX's need to teach the world. Sadly ive owned many cars and ive never seen a car lose this much value so fast, it seems that they are a hit and miss when it comes to the market.

pbkid
08/10/2012, 11:23 AM
Sorry hub but coastie beat ya to it I believe. Member coastiecosta imported his a few years ago. ;)

Now, find a diesel swap from down there and you will get everyones attention

HubEZ
08/10/2012, 11:44 AM
Well that is good news too! How can I get a hold of him? Maybe have someone to offroad with, share part orders etc.

pbkid
08/15/2012, 11:24 AM
You should be able to find him here. Coastie costa.

Send him a PM.

Gussie2000
08/15/2012, 05:44 PM
Pura Vida ;)

CoastieCosta567
08/16/2012, 05:04 PM
Sorry Mae,but i didn't ship the VX there, i was talking about it, but never did. I love my country but to live there u gots to be rich w/ ur own arm arsenal in ur yard. I have had my own share of bad luck there even being a local Tico Mae. Would be real sick though. Hope the best fo ya and I bet it will be a blast. invest in a couple of uzies as backup while "if" u wait for a tow, in case of an emergency mae ;) .

HubEZ
08/16/2012, 06:56 PM
Haha funny.
My Tica gf will laugh at this.
It's been pretty safe for me here so far, no issues. If someone gives me probems I will crush them :)
Should be a fun vehicle here, I will consider some uzis from your advice though jaja.

pbkid
08/17/2012, 09:30 AM
My apologies Hub, looks like I was wrong. Funny you say that coastie, I was down there last year and the whole country seemed pretty safe, well except the big town you fly in and out of. We visited la fortuna and a little surf town right on the border of panama and the eastern side of the country (dont remember the name).

But yes, the big city that you fly in and out, we werent too eager to hang out there for long.

HubEZ
08/17/2012, 11:28 AM
Puerto Viejo or Cocles probably.
and yes, San Jose it the ******* of Costa Rica, the further you go form it the mmore beautiful, clean and safe Costa Rica is. That's what happens when you put too many people in one place like any country in the world.

My apologies Hub, looks like I was wrong. Funny you say that coastie, I was down there last year and the whole country seemed pretty safe, well except the big town you fly in and out of. We visited la fortuna and a little surf town right on the border of panama and the eastern side of the country (dont remember the name).

But yes, the big city that you fly in and out, we werent too eager to hang out there for long.

FlyingV77
08/17/2012, 12:38 PM
uzis are way over rated. get yourself a FN Five-Seven and a SBR P90

nfpgasmask
08/17/2012, 03:37 PM
I have a friend who wants to move to Costa Rica. Wants all of his friends to move there too. I would be curious about it, mainly, safety and weather and cost of living. Can't wait to see pics of a VX in the jungle.

Bart

pbkid
08/18/2012, 12:01 PM
Puerto Viejo or Cocles probably.
and yes, San Jose it the ******* of Costa Rica, the further you go form it the mmore beautiful, clean and safe Costa Rica is. That's what happens when you put too many people in one place like any country in the world.

Yup it was puerto viejo. Really cool town, safe and fun during the day, still fun at night but not a place to wander alone.

We really liked puerto viejo, we want to go back again, heck we would even consider moving there if we didnt own two dogs

CoastieCosta567
08/19/2012, 12:53 PM
Last year i went on a surf trip alone, with some family visits, and got jacked. I knew it was coming, saw the dudes, saw the plan and ignored it like a retard. I jumped in the water, made it to the out side and bam, in a matter of 3 min's they broke in the car grab my stuff, I managed to get out and chase the mae's but lost them. They even took my machete, but i would too if i where to make a safe thief operation ;). I have had family at gun point in there house by a well organized group of thiefs, not just some hobo junkies. I even have had family tried to get run off the road in motos, but less just say, a moto vs a suv does not end up well. Over all, its a beautiful country, but money brings corruption, and those that dont work hard for it, well, they try to get it in some ways we normal hard workers consider just wrong. But you can get away with alot over there and still have fun. The law is strict, but nothing that a few $20's couldn't get you out off ;). When I visit, i visit family in San Jose, but get the heck out of there asap. I love Pavones, thats the place i end up going. Its Costa Rica of back in the day, great peeps, great food, n great land. Enjoy it Mae, and Pura Vida. Send some pics when you can.

Cross-eyed
08/19/2012, 04:21 PM
Hey hub, moving there myself as soon as I can get the details ironed out. Have property in Samara that I'm gonna build on. I have a 99 ironman that's coming with me. Therefore at some point there will be 2. Who you using for shipping?

Cross-eyed
08/19/2012, 04:47 PM
Hey just for the record. I've been there many times both business and pleasure and feel safer there than here in Houston. Wouldn't want to spend too much time in San Jose though. Is a little sketchy.

HubEZ
08/23/2012, 11:57 AM
$550 from Miami!

www.grandiosausa.com
or
www.boroshipping.com

Hey hub, moving there myself as soon as I can get the details ironed out. Have property in Samara that I'm gonna build on. I have a 99 ironman that's coming with me. Therefore at some point there will be 2. Who you using for shipping?

Mile High VX
08/29/2012, 06:47 PM
Looks like there is already one there....

http://costarica.es.craigslist.org/cto/3234066744.html

Cross-eyed
09/15/2012, 06:57 AM
Thanks hub. Where are you moving to?