PDA

View Full Version : winsheild wahers not washing

2001ironman
10/16/2003, 11:55 AM
I just bought my Vehicross two days ago and didn't realize that the windshield washer spay doesn't spray when you push the switch up inside the vehicle. Has this happened to anyone? If you have any advise it would be much appreciated! Thanks!

Kara

Dallas4u
10/16/2003, 12:02 PM
You didn't mention it, so first things first, check the fluid in the reservoir. Also, listen when using the switch to spray, to hear if the pump is working in the reservoir. You can also check the lines (tubes) that run from the reservoir to the to nozzles on the hood for any gunk, pinches, or any blocking that may be happening.

Post any findings to these statements here, and we can go from there.

2001ironman
10/16/2003, 12:07 PM
I have checked the fluids, it is topped off. I checked the lines as well and they seem to be fine. The only thing that I can think of is that it could be the pump, or the switch malfunctioning?

Dallas4u
10/16/2003, 12:15 PM
Can you hear the pump trying to work? Do you see any fluid on the ground, or see any fluid on the reservoir (possibly leaking out)? If you can hear the pump working, but nothing is happening, you may also want to check the coupler where the hose and the nozzles connect to each other. Mine were gunked up and, after removing and cleaning, sprayed much better (although they sprayed anyways, I just saw the spray somewhat diminishing).

2001ironman
10/16/2003, 12:20 PM
i will try that tonight when i get out of work...i also will have to check again to see if I can hear the pump working. i checked it out though at a parts place nearby...to replace the pump is only $20 not too bad...just incase. thanks for your help, i will let you know how it goes.

Dallas4u
10/16/2003, 12:37 PM
Please do... this is what the forum is here for!

Raque Thomas
10/16/2003, 01:47 PM
There's bound to be a fuse in that line - could the fuse be blown? I checked the manual, but didn't see a fuse for the washer - but there must be one?

VCAMILO
10/16/2003, 03:53 PM
This happens to me all the time. The end of the hose ( at the pump area ) seems to come undone from the bottom of the reservoi when I go off-roading. Its a weird angle and a tight sqeeze to put it back; but it can be done. On my mom's VX her hose comes undone from the top ( hood area ). If you fill out the reservoi and the hose is not connected at the pump area you will lose all the water in less than 10 secs while pussing the lever to access the water.

Dallas4u
10/16/2003, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by VCAMILO
On my mom's VX her hose comes undone from the top ( hood area ).

Something about this statement makes me very uneasy... uhhh.. ahem, pardon. :goof:

soggybottomboyz
01/13/2014, 08:55 AM
Good morning, I did a search looking for which fuse is for the windshield washer motor and found this thread. Anyone know which fuse it is? The owners manual does not list which one it is.

Thanks,

Soggy

magikmike
01/13/2014, 10:26 AM
Mine was disconnected at the connection at the hood. Drove from AL to Cleveland ohio during winter without it (that sucked). I'm with everyone else...pop the hood, with the key in "run" position... have a friend listen for the pump working when you pull back on the wiper control.

PK
01/13/2014, 02:45 PM
Good morning, I did a search looking for which fuse is for the windshield washer motor and found this thread. Anyone know which fuse it is? The owners manual does not list which one it is.

Thanks,

Soggy

Pretty sure it is the same fuse the wipers use, so if wipers are working, fuse is okay.

PK

Mile High VX
01/13/2014, 05:53 PM
Pretty sure it is the same fuse the wipers use, so if wipers are working, fuse is okay.

PK

x2...that is what the electrical manual indicates as well.

Fuse CB11 on the driver side dash access. From the left that would be the third row over and the third fuse from the top.

nocturnalVX
01/13/2014, 06:58 PM
My fluid reservoir had a leak, and I got a new one. You can get it with a pump, or just the plastic bottle I believe...

tom4bren
01/14/2014, 06:47 AM
I replaced all of the tubing on Boy's Ebony with fish tank air hose. Worked well. IIRC, I even replaced the splitter with one from PetSmart.

soggybottomboyz
01/14/2014, 01:27 PM
Going to pop the hood tonight, thanks for the replys. I will post what I find.

soggybottomboyz
01/15/2014, 08:46 AM
Wire to pump had found it's way off:confused: I have washers again:yesgray:

tom4bren
01/15/2014, 09:55 AM
WooHoo

Them is the kinda repairs I like.:) $0.00