PDA

View Full Version : My VX story...!!

drdavidr4u
10/16/2003, 04:39 AM
My VX story ,,,maybe someone is interested in my ramble??!!!!

I really did luck out. I've had my eye on these for some time, but it wasn't on my mind at all. Then recently I got fed up with the $508.00 / month lease toyota made me on my 2001 RAV4. Its been 2 ys of paying this thing. Due to a little credit problem they threw me into the worst finance tier and raped me with a high interest lease. At the time I was happy to get the lease , but now it mentally caught up with me. (just bought my VX cash! no payments!)

I was driving to work one day and there was woman in a proton yellow VX in rockland county(a member perhaps) NY driving past me at the red light.

WOWA~~~~~~!!!!!!

I WAS HOOKED!!!!!!!! As soon as I got to work I started my research. I scoured ebay motors and was happy to find many! But, they were all out west and delivery would be a pain. I went down through the gym in our facility and there was a good friend of mine. I told her of my desire for a VX..not only did she know of it, but she told me of the one in the movie "mission to mars"!!
I said NO WAY!!!!!!!
I have that movie at home!!! I also remembered that car looking futuristic but never put 2 +2 together. I had the movie at home and that was first on my list for activities upon arriving home.

ALL OF A SUDDEN the light went on and I got the idea to looked for local Izuzu dealers. There are not many left now!!! Guess the days of the stand a lone Izuzu dealership is gone.

LUCK OF THE IRISH smiled upon me.....and I'm not even Irish!!!!!
Found a local pontiac gm izuzu dealer who actually just got a 2001 VX low miles on a trade in from an old customer who bought it there in july, 2001!!!!
I dropped everything and ran over. Test drove it (never having driven one) and plopped down a deposit that day. Funny, I made the dealer give me 24 hours to change my mind and refund the deposit!! I spent the night reading up on the VX here in the forum and speaking to Raque about his VX (thanks again Raque)!!!

Its day two now for me and my VX!!!!
To end my long winded story I must say that I'm looking forward to driving my new VX to work like I never have before!!!! I think I'll take the long way there!!

THANKS AGAIN TO ALL THE HELPED AND WELCOMED ME TO THE FAMILY!!!
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

tiggergreen
10/16/2003, 09:50 AM
Great story - I love happy endings...

You are going to love owning this vehicle.

Brent

WormGod
10/16/2003, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by drdavidr4u
LUCK OF THE IRISH smiled upon me.....and I'm not even Irish!!!!!

It's a good thing too, cause us 100% Micks somehow are always left out of that "luck of the Irish" equation. I think that is what pi55es off the IRA so much. ;) (that is a joke.... for any who arent too humorous)

Welcome aboard. I think you will love your new family member. :)

carlymac
10/16/2003, 12:36 PM
Yea, my last name is McCoy, it don't get much more Irish than that. My luck has always been crummy. However I guess I have my health and my VX so that's luck enough for this family feuding, "the real McCoy" mick;Db;

Raque Thomas
10/16/2003, 01:51 PM
Welcome aboard Dave, I'm glad you listened to reason that night you called and decided to buy the VX! he he! Seriously, you'll love it - it's a great vehicle. It's kind of funny to watch the people speed by you and crain their necks trying to read the nameplate on the grille! Of course I took that one off too - so they'll just have to wonder what planet it's from and who made it!! Let me know if there's anything I can help you with!