PDA

View Full Version : 31" tires

nocturnalVX
10/15/2003, 10:20 PM
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/80procomp3-med.jpg

I just got new wheels and tires for my VX, and it looks absolutely bad-*****! The wheels are 15 x 8 Tech 1 Rock Crawlers with a 3.75 backspace. The tires are 31/10.50R15 Pro Comp ALL terrain, and yes the cladding needed to be trimmed to fit them. My mechanic buddy that put them on said "it's like the Texas Chainsaw Massacre here... I'm gonna be sick" exagerated, but it's nice to know he didn't want to hack up my VX any more than needed. As it was, the clearance at full lock is quite close... looks like an OME lift next! More pictures are in my gallery. Now, my VehiCROSS is looking more like an urban assault vehicle and I'm looking forward to Winter... and Moab!

WormGod
10/16/2003, 08:10 AM
Looking sweet. I still have to jump on the winter tire bandwagon and get some MT 31x11.5's for these winter wheels I recently bought. Having just bought a little Doberman pup for $500 kinda throws a wrench in that gear though. Ah, how I need to win the lottery.

Cyrk
10/16/2003, 08:14 AM
Looks GREAT!!!

Dallas4u
10/16/2003, 08:28 AM
Agreed... looks nice! But, I will warn you to watch out with the lift... if you lift, you may want to get larger tires afterwards, and you just bought these!!!

Jolly Roger VX'er
10/16/2003, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by WormGod
Looking sweet. I still have to jump on the winter tire bandwagon and get some MT 31x11.5's for these winter wheels I recently bought. Having just bought a little Doberman pup for $500 kinda throws a wrench in that gear though. Ah, how I need to win the lottery.

AHHHH....you and me both! I need to get the stock Bridgestones and wheels off here soon as they got 30k miles on them and won't cut it this winter as I was skating around late last winter.
They were pretty good tires when new in that I had to "get on it" to cause the TOD to engage...otherwise it got around fine. Then I noticed around 21-22K miles they started giving out and the TOD was engaging without any help from me! I really like the Yoko's but it is a bad time to buy them now with winter on the way. Hopefully, I can get the Baxman look going shortly and maybe next spring/summer I'll mount Yoko's on the stock wheels for whenever I feel the need for speed...lol.

I just came from the dealer after taking care of some 30k servicing as I had the front + rear diff drained and refilled along with transfer case(TOD); this after I changed oil+filter along with fuel+air filters myself. I'm also waiting for a guy to show up any day now to demolish/haul away my 90 yr. old barn to make way for a future garage. I also am about to order a custom made shed to put all the lawn equipment and such in which was in the old barn..ugh....I can feel the wallet getting a whole lot lighter!

Nice looking VX NocturnalVX...Dallas is right though about the lift. I remember Coachreed saying he loved his Nitto Terra Grapplers and then did the lift thing soon after and now says he thinks they look kinda small.

AnalogVX
10/16/2003, 04:20 PM
Damn Gil that looks nice!
We gotta meet up soon so I can check it out in person. Missed ya last Saturday, live band after the Cubs game, had a good time.
Be well.

*BTW* How is the ride now with the extra 3" of sidewall? A little softer?

nocturnalVX
10/16/2003, 07:58 PM
O.K. so I can wait on the whole lift thing (maybe ;) ). I think mods are addictive... get one, then another, and then you're hooked! Thanks for the comments everyone. I did the swap for myself, but it's nice to get the :thumbup: from my fellow VXers. The ride isn't that much different Rich, a little softer maybe, but with 50 p.s.i. there's not much flex. I am not hot rodding around like I normally do though (took it out of power mode even!). It's got a different vibe now :evil: , and I can always throw the 18"s back on next Spring if I need to.

AnalogVX
10/16/2003, 08:51 PM
;puke2;
You really must been pretty sick over the weekend!;)
VX without power mode is sacrilege.

Really it looks great. Did I mention that? When we get together again, you can show off your new rims and I can show off my new fender!

2K1 1K2
10/17/2003, 09:13 PM
SWEET! :cool!:

-jose

-x-
10/20/2003, 11:05 AM
285/75-16 ;Dy; Nice Smooth Ride...x

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/204dsc00134-med.jpg