saw a commercial today for a product to bring back
the color to plastics on cars/suvs

https://www.getwipenew.com/?etag=GAAVWN_TV

they where using a Vehicross in the commercial as a
test vehicle , was pretty cool seeing portions of it on
tv again haha.

VX MileHigh
07/30/2012, 02:17 PM
I am going to jump in on this thread since I have a feeling I am going to be needing something for the cladding soon. Given what is on the market, which direction would you go; with WipeNew or stick with something that has been around for a while like Carworx Refinish Restorer?

JoFotoz
07/30/2012, 04:00 PM
It kind of depends on how bad your cladding is...

Given what is on the market, which direction would you go ?

As a first step, try a good wash and dry...
...then a liberal application of Mothers "Back to Black".

Apply in the shade, I use a sponge....and be pretty generous.
Give it 10-15 mins to "soak"...
....then wipe over with a clean cloth to even out any streaks.

This has always work well for my cladding.

Jo

jn
07/30/2012, 04:04 PM
I just purchased some Showroom New and hoping to apply it within the next few weeks. I always love to hear about products others are using and whether or not they are happy, so please keep the reviews coming...

blacksambo
07/30/2012, 07:35 PM
Formula 303. Less dust attracting formulation.

RickOKC
07/30/2012, 08:07 PM
I love seeing that commercial! I just don't trust infomercials.

I'm with blacksambo - I prefer Aerospace 303 Protectant over Back to Black due to the dust attraction factor. B-to-B looks great but seems to stay a little oily while 303 looks just as good but actually dries completely. Both are temporary and disappear after a few car washes. By the way - I put 303 on the interior plastic a couple years ago and it still look exactly as great as it did on day 1!

jn - I'm looking forward to your review on Showroom New.

I may have to try out Wipe New just so I can review it. Wouldn't be the first time - I tried out Rancho's MyRide against my better judgement! :laughing: :slap:

RickOKC
07/30/2012, 08:18 PM
PS: Notice on the commercial that Wipe New is being applied while wearing gloves. That says to me "keep it off your skin and (probably) keep it off the paint!"

JoFotoz
07/30/2012, 08:18 PM
Yea, Back to Black can be oily...hence attracts dust etc.

I've found that if left to "soak', then wiped down with a lint free cloth..
.....it dries and doesnt attract dust.

But yea..I'll have to try 303 for sure.

jo

VX KAT
07/30/2012, 08:35 PM
I am going to jump in on this thread since I have a feeling I am going to be needing something for the cladding soon. Given what is on the market, which direction would you go; with WipeNew or stick with something that has been around for a while like Carworx Refinish Restorer?

I'm sure you've seen the many posts about my strange (but apparently isolated) experience with Refinish/Restorer. I see you can now buy it on ebay.

I also saw that WIPENEW commercial and was really impressed....but I've already solved mine.

**BUT, what really made me curious was...HOW THE HECK does it work on the cloudy headlight lenses? A solvent maybe? Anybody????

I'm now at 17 months since application of Showroom New and have never applied anything further, nothing, nada, zip....and it looks the same. Well, except for the fabricator that ground some of my cladding surface off when fitting or installing my tail light guards...which I just touched up with SN and it's perfect again.
Been meaning to do a followup report on the SN thread...haven't gotten to it yet...my bad...

How about SOME ADDITIONAL FOLLOW UP REPORTS ON SHOWROOM NEW from you other peeps that used it? ....and JAMAS, I know you never posted pics like promised....THIS time JAMAS, we're going to come beat pictures out of you to post! :laugho:

evillecutter
07/31/2012, 06:42 AM
Formula 303. Less dust attracting formulation.

this is true i use mothers and find myself wiping the dust off quite a bit - ive also heard mcguires works really good but can ruin the paint so im scared to mess with it

JAMAS
07/31/2012, 07:18 AM
http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=22855

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=22705

VX MileHigh
07/31/2012, 08:02 AM
It kind of depends on how bad your cladding is...

As a first step, try a good wash and dry...
...then a liberal application of Mothers "Back to Black".

Apply in the shade, I use a sponge....and be pretty generous.
Give it 10-15 mins to "soak"...
....then wipe over with a clean cloth to even out any streaks.

This has always work well for my cladding.

Jo
Thanks for the advise. After I wrote yesterday, I remembered that I have a bottle of "Back to Black" in my garage. I am dying for my VX to arrive. I am hoping that the shipping company will pick it up today. I have so many things that I want to get done. I know that the addiction is real because I haven't seen my VX yet and I have so much that I want to take care of.

yellowgizmo99
07/31/2012, 09:40 AM
How about SOME ADDITIONAL FOLLOW UP REPORTS ON SHOWROOM NEW from you other peeps that used it? ....and JAMAS, I know you never posted pics like promised....THIS time JAMAS, we're going to come beat pictures out of you to post!

I used Showroom New on mine about 10 months ago and have not touched it since, looks as good now as when I did it.

JAMAS
07/31/2012, 10:12 AM
How about SOME ADDITIONAL FOLLOW UP REPORTS ON SHOWROOM NEW from you other peeps that used it? ....and JAMAS, I know you never posted pics like promised....THIS time JAMAS, we're going to come beat pictures out of you to post!

I used Showroom New on mine about 10 months ago and have not touched it since, looks as good now as when I did it.

Yeah....about that.....whoops....

I am going to post pictures after I do the magnetbra. ....I totally promise this time :)

tom4bren
07/31/2012, 11:09 AM
PS: Notice on the commercial that Wipe New is being applied while wearing gloves. That says to me "keep it off your skin and (probably) keep it off the paint!"

That's why I'm sticking with B2B (pun intended:)). I'm a sloppy detailer; no matter how hard I try to be neat - it's gonna get on the paint. B2B is totally safe for paint.

evillecutter
07/31/2012, 11:23 AM
gizmo did you use it on your roof rack/rails or side mirrors as well?

JAMAS
07/31/2012, 12:25 PM

I did a test application, of showroom new, on my rail covers. There were a lot more brush strokes. Didn't really absorb at all. I am going to try and remove the showroom new off of the rail covers with some mineral spirits. I think it will come right off.

VX KAT
07/31/2012, 03:55 PM

Yeah....about that.....whoops....

I am going to post pictures after I do the magnetbra. ....I totally promise this time :)

I did a test application, of showroom new, on my rail covers. There were a lot more brush strokes. Didn't really absorb at all. I am going to try and remove the showroom new off of the rail covers with some mineral spirits. I think it will come right off.

HEY EVERYBODY...LET'S MOVE ALL THIS info about SN over to the "SHOWROOM NEW EXPERIENCE" THREAD :thumbup:
http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=19927&page=5&highlight=showroom

Etfren
07/31/2012, 06:32 PM
I was really intrigued by the WipeNew stuff, it seems similar to a product I use at work (paint chip repair business) and watched some of their other videos. They did a Miata inside and out and coated the entire exterior paint in the stuff. So it must also be meant for paint, but if you plan to get it on the paint, it sounds like you better be prepared to do the entire panel, or the entire car.

For $20, I am tempted to get it and try it out on my rig. Mostly interested to see how well it actually works on the headlights and if it will last on the cladding as long as they say it will. I've already done the Meg's headlight polishing system on my headlights (worked great BTW) but my other VX hasn't been done yet so it would be a good one to try it on.