PDA

View Full Version : Opinions please

bssage
07/24/2012, 09:08 PM
I am in a search for a vx. Not a big fan of the silver. But have had two opportunities for silver under 90k @ under $9k. should I hold out for a color I like or compromise????

Gussie2000
07/24/2012, 09:22 PM
I understand that the color is a option of choice,but what you really have to focus on is in its conditions and how much care/maintainance both VX's had so far.

My choices were the ebony black or victory white ( Ironman ) but none came up so i ended up with my nice astral silver,after a few days i just got in love with the silver and cannot complaint about it.

don't let color be your judge when it comes to buying a car,it just get you off the right track when it comes to choosing the RIGHT vehicule

vt_maverick
07/25/2012, 05:13 AM
I'll disagree in part. We own exceptionally rare vehicles so at the rate of decline over time from accidents, engine failures, etc. those colors will only become harder and harder to find. Better to be patient now and get exactly what you want. However, Gussie is right in that if you have a first and second choice and the latter is in much better shape for a good price then you should probably go with that one over a worse condition first choice color.

Out of curiosity what colors are you interested in?

evillecutter
07/25/2012, 08:35 AM
i own a proton and its the first yellow vehicle i have ever owned - if i had my choice i would have probably went with white but i believe that a vehicross chooses its owner not the other way around

vt_maverick
07/25/2012, 08:44 AM
i own a proton and its the first yellow vehicle i have ever owned - if i had my choice i would have probably went with white but i believe that a vehicross chooses its owner not the other way around

You know there may be some truth to that. I was planning on driving an orange VX the day after test driving my current Foxfire, but I cancelled after the broken ABS and bald tires contributed to my rear-ending another car on that test drive. At that point I was pretty much forced to buy her, so I cancelled my trip and made shipping arrangements the next morning.

Maybe there are mysterious forces at work here... :eek:

tom4bren
07/25/2012, 08:47 AM

Blasphemer!!!

Scott Larson
07/25/2012, 10:41 AM
Everyone knows, PROTON RULES!! Duuhhh... :dance: :_steering

evillecutter
07/25/2012, 10:54 AM
sorry didnt mean to offend my proton bretheren or speak ill of my vx - i love the color now and am currently working on a proton yellow honeycomb on the spare grille i got from buffy - should look pretty cool when i get it done

Scott Larson
07/25/2012, 10:56 AM
Gotta post pics when done!

evillecutter
07/25/2012, 10:56 AM
you do have to admit there are not a lot of vehicles that can pull off a yellow paintjob - for a guy at least

tom4bren
07/25/2012, 10:59 AM
sorry didnt mean to offend my proton bretheren or speak ill of my vx

No problemo. Don't take me serious ... I don't.

Scott Larson
07/25/2012, 11:04 AM
you do have to admit there are not a lot of vehicles that can pull off a yellow paintjob - for a guy at least

Yup, Ferraris, Lamborghinis, Corvettes just to name a few...

evillecutter
07/25/2012, 11:25 AM
Yup, Ferraris, Lamborghinis, Corvettes just to name a few...

...but of course the vx pulls it off better than all of them

bssage
07/25/2012, 12:02 PM
Just about any color other than the silver. The silver is nice dont misunderstand. But I like to park my car under a shade tree with some good wax and see how shiny I can get them. IMHO the silver just looks silver. You can buff a black, solid colored or even white vehicle to an impressive blinding gloss. And yes make the yellow go Ker-Pow. Its just something I have always enjoyed doing.

tom4bren
07/25/2012, 12:10 PM
Its just something I have always enjoyed doing.

Sad!!!

I like girls!!!

You will learn soon enough not to open yourself up to responses of this nature.:)

rowhard
07/25/2012, 12:25 PM
I am in a search for a vx. Not a big fan of the silver.

Me, I would hold off. Remember, if it isn't your favorite color and you buy it, your stuck with a color you really didn't want and a quality respray will add a couple of grand to the money you have already spent. :)

Gussie2000
07/25/2012, 01:10 PM
Me, I would hold off. Remember, if it isn't your favorite color and you buy it, your stuck with a color you really didn't want and a quality respray will add a couple of grand to the money you have already spent. :)

Sorry rowhard,but that theory doesn't always apply and i speak for my self.
I was hands down for either the black ebony or victory white,unfortunately i didn't found any that fitted my requirements,but i found my astral silver and after few days i just got in love with it.

You do nothing owning the car of your dreams in the color of your choice if the car doesn't meet your expectations behind the wheel.

Osteomata
07/25/2012, 02:20 PM
Hold off for one of your top three colors. I jsut sold my proton, 74K miles, for 8,100, so they are out there, especialy if you are willing to pay for shipping or fly and pick her up.

Scott Larson
07/25/2012, 03:11 PM
Osteo, I'm glad you finally completed the sale of your "horse"! Congratulations also to the new buyer of what everyone says is a great VX! :_beer:

RickOKC
07/25/2012, 06:18 PM

I was hands down for either the black ebony or victory white,unfortunately i didn't found any that fitted my requirements,but i found my astral silver and after few days i just got in love with it.

I'm firmly in 100% agreement with both of those completely opposite viewpoints and I WILL NOT WAVER in saying both are correct! :laughy:

On one hand I was adamant that I would ONLY consider buying Astral Silver. But the instant I saw the Victory White VX (that I ended up buying), I fell in love because it was in such surprisingly good condition even though white is absolutely my least favorite vehicle color. Now if I had my way, my dream VX would be Dragon Green. HA ha, it's fun (and strangely comforting) being a little crazy! :rotate: :slap: :laughing:

Scott Larson
07/25/2012, 06:54 PM
I'm with you on Dragon Green, right after Proton of course...:rotate:

Cobrajet
07/27/2012, 06:12 PM
i believe that a vehicross chooses its owner not the other way around

That's how it worked for me! I went to the dealership to look at a '99 Ironman, but we were arguing about my trade-in value when I happened to mention that I would just as soon hold out for what I really wanted... a Proton. He told me they had a new Proton on the showroom floor. After one look it was mine! I have never regretted that decision.

Scott Larson
07/27/2012, 07:24 PM
It's probably well documented but I'm too lazy to go look, how many miles on your Proton, if I may ask?

Riff Raff
07/28/2012, 03:40 AM
I'm with you on Dragon Green, right after Proton of course...:rotate:

x2. The Proton is hands-down my favorite and glows neon yellow under K-Mart/Wal-Mart parking lot night-time lighting (an awesome sight to be seen at night under the lights). The Dragon is my 2nd favorite, and sparkles in bright sunshine with its metallic paint. I do wish they made a Champagne Metallic (aka Cadillac GM color "Gold Mist) which I think would look very elegant against the cladding contrast.

:bgwb:

ALC1717
07/28/2012, 05:10 AM
Just about any color other than the silver. The silver is nice dont misunderstand. But I like to park my car under a shade tree with some good wax and see how shiny I can get them. IMHO the silver just looks silver. You can buff a black, solid colored or even white vehicle to an impressive blinding gloss. And yes make the yellow go Ker-Pow. Its just something I have always enjoyed doing.

This was the First Silver Vehicle that I ever owned. I was never a big fan of Silver until I my 2001 Kaiser Silver VX, it is like a Silver/Grey almost Platinum Silver. While I do admire the Foxfire Red and the White, I Love my Color! If you think Silver does not Shine, go to my Picture Gallery and you will be amazed, just ask Gussie 2000. ALC 1717