PDA

View Full Version : cd changer question

hitnrun74
10/15/2003, 05:45 PM
Today the music stopped and the cd player beeped 3 times. It was fine after I changed discs. Anybody know what the 3 beeps mean? Is it an error code? Did this happen before your cd changers died? Any input would be appreciated...Thanx

VehiX
10/15/2003, 05:49 PM
Err code 3 :mad:

I hate err code 3!!!

this means it can't read your disk. I presume it was a burned disk?

Just get XM or sirus sattelite radio and put the CD changer out of it's mysery :D

hitnrun74
10/16/2003, 03:55 PM
So this is the dreaded error 3. Yes it's a burned disc, but it's been in there playing fine for like 6 months. Kinda bizarre. So, any guesses how long I have before total failure? An MP3 player with XM would be the hot setup. I guess I'll start shopping. Oh, by the way, what's the warranty on the stock head and changer?

AlaskaVX
10/16/2003, 04:13 PM
3 year 50,000 so go get a new one if it keeps acting up. I know because every single stupid problem that the VX gets has happened to me in the last 1500 miles. By the way I'm at 51,500. My 2nd CD changer is toast (makes very annoying buzz everytime I start it up then shuts off) my driverside window stopped going up, headlight gasket came unglued, and they won't fix anything due to milage :mad:

JAG!
10/16/2003, 05:43 PM
Yikes -- sorry to hear, Alaska..

I had an interesting CD-changer related issue... CD 1,2,4,5,6 play fine, but 3 seems to skip. It's a CD that's been there for a while and never skipped before. Guess it's either the CD or I'm headed for trouble. :(

Anita
10/16/2003, 06:04 PM
This Cd changer thing is a such a mystery to me. Since I bought the truck, just about 99% of the time I have nothing but burned cd's in it. Never had a problem with it.

One day I put in a cd that came with a book of music. The cd was noticeably slimmer than an average cd. Err 3 came up and I couldnt get it out.

But I HAD to get it out because it was the accompaniment for a singer performing in a show taking place in 2 hours. I called Tone, caught him at a rock show (couldnt hear each other at all) then I called Paul Hines. We tried everything short of disconnecting the battery. Desperate, I started slapping and pressing buttons. After about 10 minutes of what seemed to be an impressive drum solo.. the cd popped out.

That was almost 2 years ago and I never had a problem since. I know that I am one of the lucky ones.

nocturnalVX
10/16/2003, 08:25 PM
My CD changer (#5) is doing something none of the others have before. When I eject any CD, the changer then decides to eject slot 4 (even if it's empty), but at least it's not keeping them. Maybe it doesn't like my taste in music? ;puke: