View Full Version : The Official UNofficial Compliment Thread

WormGod
10/15/2003, 07:09 AM
A temple to the praise and compliments that other drivers or spectators may pay to you and your VX.

Just this morning, as I was sitting at a light to turn left, the driver in front of me, in his little Colt, leaned out the window and looked back. He shot me the thumbs up and smiled. I figured, I didnt know him, so I wound my window down and leaned out myself.

He says "That is a beautiful automobile man!"

I smile and simply nod my head "yes".

"What is it?", he shouts back.

I reply ,"It's called an Isuzu VehiCROSS."

He nods and continues to smile, giving me the thumbs up again, "Simply beautiful man. It looks really nice."

It's times like this, on your way to work in the morning, that will pull you out of a bad mood and get you ready for work. Needless to say, I ended up walking into the office with a smile instead of a frown.

JAG!
10/15/2003, 10:40 AM
Agreed. :D

I haven't had compliments recently -- but some of my favorites have been from fast-food drive-up windows...

"Whoa, nice ride.", or "Is it amphibious?"..

My favorite was at a strip mall -- heading towards my VX and seeing some people with a Lexus parked near it from Mexico (I live near the border in S. Texas)...

Alas, in Spanish they asked .. "This is a very nice SUV, how much was it?" and I replied.. "A lot of pesos."

Bantan
10/15/2003, 11:49 AM
Many of my best compliments came from fellow Vxers "Thats 1 sick ride".

Children ask "Can it fly?" or "Does it talk?" or say "Mommy. Mommy, Look!"

Generally get comments like:
"Looks like a Mini monster truck."
"Thats 1 mean looking mo fo"
"looks like its gonna come alive and bite you"

Get questions like:
Is it ampihious?
What is it?
Is it a custom car?
Is it a 2005?
Is it bullet proof?
Do you work for Isuzu?

Perks:
Parking in front of clubs in Manhattan.(A couple of times the Bouncer/security even reserved a spot for me using cones)
Free admission to exclusive night clubs.
Co workers warning me when someone is trying to mess with my VX in the parking lot.

Mostly people just are too amazed/mezmerized to say anything. Jaw drooping, pointing, taking photos, etc.

I've seen a guy in a tricked out honda stare at my VX as a drove by ran into a minvan on the FDR Drive. His car then bounced off the minivan and hit the Camary behind him. looked like a game of ping pong(all that plastic on his ride). Needless to say on my way back home there was still a huge traffic jam on the opposite.

A food delivery guy on a bicycle ran into a light pole, got up dusted off himself, picked up his bicycle & food and rode away, all while still looking at my VX.

Latest was this past weekend at a wedding in NJ:
First off nobody wanted to ride in the Limo they were fighting each other to ride in the VX. There was an after party then when I was about to leave of course with my stereo turned up everyone came around and started dancing in the street. I guess this was the after after party. Looked like they were paying homage to the VX.

I Get a kick out of seeing people in Expensive sport cars check out my VX.

Been attracting Cops & Gold Diggers too.(not good)
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/225my_vx_019-med.jpg

Navigator
10/15/2003, 12:10 PM
... When asked if it's a 2004/5 i say actually it's a preview of a 2020 :naughty: Then tell them to check out the Mission to Mars movie for "visions" of the future LOL :D

nyc #1 ironman
10/15/2003, 12:43 PM
funny story: me and my friend went to a mercedes dealer in Jersey and a "well to do" man and his sons stopped dead in their tracks as I pulled up in the lot and they barely bothered going into the dealership because they were so amazed with VX and thought it was a new Mercedes truck but were dissapointed to find out they didn't make them anymore.

Cyrk
10/15/2003, 12:52 PM
visions of the future...

http://www63.tok2.com/home2/vehi/mars/IMGA0353a.JPG

http://www63.tok2.com/home2/vehi/mars/IMGA0362a.JPG

http://www63.tok2.com/home2/vehi/mars/IMGA0364b.JPG http://www63.tok2.com/home2/vehi/mars/IMGA0355b.JPG

XCross69
10/15/2003, 01:04 PM
So one day I was drive-n home from work..and I am come-n up on this new Lexus suv ride....I was think-n nice ride and past em.. Wasn't long when that ride was trying to pass me so of course I speed up and then they speed up! We are side-by-side for quite sometime and I finally look over at the car and it was a middle aged lady by herself point-n her finger at me. Here I thought I was get-n a cuss-n from her and I finally read her lips , she was say-n " I like your ride!" I gave her the thumbs up and she finally backed off and let me go. Funny, here she, the one drive-n the over priced Lexus, had to catch up with me to let me know she liked my ride....Go ahead and buy your overpriced SUV, but the name brand isn't anything if you don't have style!

AlaskaVX
10/15/2003, 01:06 PM
I was at the GM dealership this last week picking up some supercharger oil. When I came back out there must have been 6 people looking at it and they weren't together! I spent maybe 15 min. showing it off and they were all pretty dissapointed that they stopped making them.

It would be fun to go to the Porche, Lexus, and BMW dealerships to see what happens. :)

Cyrk
10/15/2003, 01:20 PM
Not sure is you remember when I posted about my escapades on selling my VX a few posts back, but every dealership (VW, Infiniti, Volvo) came to me to ask me about my VX, how cool it looked etc... and that alone pretty much made me want to keep her.

-Dave

joesvx
10/15/2003, 02:03 PM
I have only had mine for a few months but I get stopped at least once a week by someone asking or complimenting. My wife wont even drive it because she doesnt like all the attention ( GO FIGURE) I love it.....

zadam123
10/15/2003, 04:14 PM
Id say the funniest comment i got was from a little old laddy saying "That's one snazzy auto you got there sonny" I almost peed my pants.

adam

VehiX
10/15/2003, 05:31 PM
Best response out of the many I got was.....

This little kid rolling down the street on his scooter notices me as I am driving by. He sees me, stops dead in his tracks and stares at the VX the whole time saying "whoooooooooa"

The worst response I got so far out of the many was....

Driving down Landsdown street right in back of Fenway park on my way to a Red Sox game. This guy yells out in front of a crowd of hundreds of people...."Now that's an ugly F%$king truck!!!".....every one turned around and looked at me :(

I love the attention the VX gets regardless if it is good or bad. I have never seen or owned a vehicle that has sparked so much emotion in people to blurt out these types of things to a complete stranger :thumbup:

Jolly Roger VX'er
10/15/2003, 08:28 PM
Sometimes I hang out at Conneut Lake, PA which is sort of a boating mecca with alot of bars, nightclubs, etc. I sometimes put on one of them fake boat props that plugs into your receiver hitch. The best compliment I got was some guy oggling over the prop driven VX and telling me....cool..what a neat amphibious SUV...I've never seen one before! What year is it? Do you take it into the water often? I didn't have the heart to tell him the truth!

Sheik-YurBooty
10/15/2003, 09:16 PM
This woman came up to me and asked" what kind & who makes it?" I told her its an Isuzu Vehicross, but I also had to add that they don't make em any more. She replied" it figures, cause I'd own one if they did"......Another time I was standing along the side of my VX in front of Macy's entrance, when a family of about 6 people were just walking out the entrance , & their son about 10 years old notices the VX & out of his gapping mouth he says , " Wow, look at that car, thats what I'm gonna get when I start to drive" Now thats a great feeling!....The kids father walks up to the VX ,walks around it & even put his nose on the glass ta get a peek inside, then he steps back and looks at it again for at least 1 full minute until his wife called him........But hearing what the kid said , said it all "Wow, thats what I'm gonna get when I start to drive.

TDAWG
10/16/2003, 10:11 PM
Just today I went to take a friend to the Inskip Infinty Dealership in West Warwick RI to pick up his new FX35. After all is said and done we get the keys and we're leaving and some girl and her man are aruging with one of the sales people about wanting to buy the silver Vehicross in the lot. I look over to my friend and say "I didn't know they had a VX for sale. I'm gonna have to check it out." He looks at me and says "That $h** would be funny if they looking yours." I looked at him and said "NO IT WON"T." As we walk out another friend of mine that just sarted working there comes out and calls me to tell me that the Manager wants to know if I would be willing to sell it to them. I'm like hell no it's limited baby. The couple comes out to look at it again and ask me if it's for sale. I had to tell them "NOPE!!!!!" Then I drove back to work smiling and thinking "DAMN she is a Beautiful............VX"

-x-
10/18/2003, 07:01 AM
From parkin in front of the club downtown (where I shouldn't have) and coming out to find a cop behind me he says over his loudspeaker:

Is that your (short silence) truck? Yes sir, i reply. He says if i knew what it was you'd have a ticket by now...you should move it. = )

From tha majority of my kids (i teach sunday school):

Take me for a ride!!! PLEEEEEASE | Turn up tha radio! PLEEEEASE

Drivin thru the local spot where racers meet up before heading out to race:

Oh ***** its a space ship! | How'd you get your interior like that?
And what makes me happiest: Wanna Race? ; )

**What about references to animal, what have you guys gotten?

My VX has been likend to a : Shark / Roach? / Snake

Lease-V-cross
10/18/2003, 04:08 PM
I was told it looks like a "sneaker on wheels"

johnnyapollo
10/18/2003, 09:10 PM
I've gotten the "big o'le tennis shoe" before. I've also had a lot of compliments, including today when someone tapped on my window while I was leaving Toys R Us... asked a bunch of questions about it.

I wrote a friend of mine who lives in Japan (had him translate the prices from the JDM VX accessory brochure) and his reference to it was "Oh is that one of those trucks that it looks like the Power Rangers drive?"

-- John

Jolly Roger VX'er
10/19/2003, 06:35 AM
Originally posted by -x-
**What about references to animal, what have you guys gotten?

My VX has been likend to a : Shark / Roach? / Snake

My Dentist said it looked like a tennis shoe on wheels...but, he didn't say it in a mean fashion. My next-door-neighbor came over the first week I bought it and said the front looked like the head of a rattlesnake. Coming out of a pizza place a couple told me it looked like a moon buggy. Mainly I get simply..."I've never seen one before!"

Apostle
10/19/2003, 06:56 AM
my friends said " what the heck is a vx?"

then they see it and say "oh, ive seen those, those rock"

WormGod
10/20/2003, 07:48 AM
I had to drive to Baltimore this weekend to pick up my new puppy and it's funny to just set your cruise on the highway at 75 (speed limit 65). People would speed up to all sorts of speeds just to get alongside me to see what it is, and since i am debadged, they could get no clue. Then, they would speed up to get in front of me to look for a logo in the grill, breaking their necks to look back. But, I painted my ISUZU logo in the grill black so it's harder to make out. They usually drop off their speed and back off, but many were giving the thumbs up and winking. That sort of stuff will really make your day.

joesvx
10/20/2003, 11:45 AM
A friend of mine says the front looks like a catfish.... Ya it kinda does...Ha Ha

WormGod
10/27/2003, 07:30 AM
I just can't get enough out of talking about responses from others who see this thing. It's become one of my hobbies now.... getting various feedback from viewers of the VX.

I let my sister borrow my VX Saturday to go run some errands. When she got back to my place, she asked me "Do people look at you funny when you drive?" I just laughed and said "Sure, but I like it. Makes me feel like I am the allstar quarterback on the high school team. I milk it for all it's worth." She then proceeded to tell me about all of the people who were staring at her and a few of the responses she got from people around. The typical feedback we are used to, but she was clueless as to just what the typical VXer hears and sees everyday on the road. A learning experience for a VX n00b.