PDA

View Full Version : Isuzu grille badge removal

paultvx
10/27/2002, 10:52 PM
How do you take the badge off without killing it? The black paint is peeling off of mine.

What rocket scientist at the factory came up with the idea of painting over chrome?

Anyway, need to take it off and paint it the right way, I thought I'd ask before I do any damage. Thanks!

carlymac
10/28/2002, 06:57 AM
If you find out how to remove that sucka i will do the same. Painting chrome...I would expect that out of teenagers bling blinging there hondas. But from auto designers in Japan. NEVER

VXMAN
10/28/2002, 10:20 AM
Just pry it off with a butter knife. It's only held on by double-sided tape. Just pry slowly.

:D

Dave...

paultvx
10/28/2002, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by VXMAN
Just pry it off with a butter knife. It's only held on by double-sided tape. Just pry slowly.

:D

Dave...

Since that's the case, it probably wouldn't be a bad idea to heat it up with a hair dryer before prying. Might soften the adhesive a bit. I'll give that a shot later this week.

geshaw30
10/28/2002, 02:11 PM
Did my front grill months ago and a hair dryer is the key. Get the letters really hot and a flat head screw driver will pull them off easily. I used a little gas to rub off the remaining glue left on the face plate. ;Db;
________
Dc Marijuana Dispensary (http://dc.dispensaries.org/)

Baxman
10/28/2002, 08:11 PM
I pulled my "ISUZU" grill badge long ago and cut it down to read "ZU". It's always been chrome.

SGT.BATGUANO
10/29/2002, 12:59 AM
Mine's always been chrome too. Are you the first owner? I removed mine with blowdryer and prying. The badge came off in one piece. The remaining adhesive was a real pain to remove and mineral spirits didn't really cut it. Lots of rubbing.

paultvx
10/29/2002, 10:58 AM
Yup. First owner. 5 k miles. The badge IS chrome, however, Isuzu did paint the lower(non-raised) parts of the badge so that only the raised letters are chrome. Painting over a chrome surface is just a bad idea unless you roughen or chemical etch the surface first. Paint does not stick to chrome.