PDA

View Full Version : Cup holders

xtrmes
07/12/2012, 03:48 PM
I noticed tonight on the VX with it being a more high end car how come the things have no cup holders?

Ldub
07/12/2012, 07:48 PM
Sorry Dude...dunno what a VR is...:smilewink

But...using the search function (http://www.vehicross.info/forums/search.php), located conveniently on the home page, I found no fewer than 63 results when I searched...:dance:

Welcome aboard...:yes:.:thumbup:

Don't worry, most of the folks here aren't as blunt as I am, & I don't stop in as much as I used to...you just happened to get lucky...:laughing:

tom4bren
07/13/2012, 06:14 AM
For a quick solution until you find a cupholder you'd like to install, just pull the leg bolster on the passenger seat forward and use the opening to hold your cup in place. Of course if you have a passenger along you won't be able to use that method ... but they can hold your cup for you.:)

Personally I just use a 90 oz SuperMegaBigGulp cup I got at Sheetz. The bottom is wide enough that it sits on the floor next to my left foot without spilling ... usually.

JAMAS
07/13/2012, 10:39 AM
I fit most cups in that square opening behind the gear shift. Works very well for me.

circmand
07/13/2012, 12:41 PM
It really cut into the size of soda I can get though

tom4bren
07/13/2012, 12:43 PM
I fit most cups in that square opening behind the gear shift. Works very well for me.

'Scuze me but we've already determined that is NOT a cup holder ... it's a cup launcher.

JAMAS
07/15/2012, 11:30 AM
'Scuze me but we've already determined that is NOT a cup holder ... it's a cup launcher.

I used a little bit of sugru to form a half moon on the bottom towards the front. It forces all cups to recline back just enough to prevent any falling.

JAMAS
07/15/2012, 11:31 AM
....also, I only drink out of perfectly square cups

VXobsession
07/15/2012, 06:38 PM
Wow, if anyone can use the little square "cup LAUNCHER" and not spill anything, they're obviously not DRIVING their VX, they're just operating it. I've become quite the professional at grabbing the drink and gripping the remote for the stereo between my thighs while still holding the road like a grade A race car driver :)

xtrmes
07/15/2012, 08:55 PM
Wow, if anyone can use the little square "cup LAUNCHER" and not spill anything, they're obviously not DRIVING their VX, they're just operating it. I've become quite the professional at grabbing the drink and gripping the remote for the stereo between my thighs while still holding the road like a grade A race car driver :)

Well I'll let you know when I pick it up from the dealer. I'll do some testing to see how well the cup stays wit my driving. :smilewink

JAMAS
07/16/2012, 06:06 AM

Well, I only drink coffee while I am driving to work. I dont know if YOU have a "drinking problem" where you have to constantly be consuming opens cups of liquid while bouncing around. If I am off road and will require some form of hydration, its in a bottle tossed on the seat.

If you drive on the road and constantly spill things....then you need to get your VX checked out or your epilepsy treated.

Scott Larson
07/16/2012, 08:51 AM
Hmmmm, untreated epilepsy, bad...

tjh
07/16/2012, 03:52 PM
....also, I only drink out of perfectly square cups

I drink Naked!:dan_ban:

RickOKC
07/16/2012, 07:57 PM
I inherited this with my VX when I bought it.

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/Aftermarket_Cupholder.jpg

Not sure, but I think VX KAT either found it or sold it to the previous owner. There is one screw that attaches it to the console. The adjustable edges on the sides of the new component are tall enough that it holds a 2nd drink in place so it can't launch out of position when put in the square factory location. (See the ring from wear.)

Yikes, I REALLY need to vacuum!

joeworf
07/17/2012, 11:53 AM
Rick....

I have the same set up in my VX (I did pilfer the idea from someone in the forum). Rather than use a screw I found this velcro-like fastener from 3M. It's hard plastic interlocking mini-pegs on both sides (no fabric like with velcro) and is much sturdier and less of a lint magnet than velcro. Used a strong double-sided tape and VOILA! It's adjustable, fairly sturdy, easily removeable and cheap. IIRC they're called "Hopkins Euro jr" and I believe Pep Boys or Auto Zone, maybe both, carried them. Around $6. :bwgy:

Noctis
07/20/2012, 09:03 AM

Oh you brought tears of joy to my eyes with that, and my co-workers are looking at me strange for laughing so at work...

tom4bren
07/20/2012, 09:48 AM
Oh you brought tears of joy to my eyes with that, and my co-workers are looking at me strange for laughing so at work...

Ya, I had a Mountain Dew through the nose moment the first time I heard (read) that.