PDA

View Full Version : those pesky wannabe's!

- s a i n t -
10/15/2003, 01:30 AM
I parked my VX all by itself in the corner space waaaaay in the far end of the lot at Outback Steakhouse. Came back out and there was a Porsche Cayenne S parked right next to my VX! He could've parked anywhere in the lot but he just had to park next to my VX.

Those damn VX wannabe's! ;)

- s a i n t -

- s a i n t -
10/15/2003, 01:31 AM
One more photo for ya (notice how close he had to park too!). You're damn straight that I checked up and down my VX for any door dings! Just can't trust those guys who drive $60,000 SUV's! :D

- s a i n t -

JAG!
10/15/2003, 03:15 AM
The "Silver" never looked so good. Nice pix. :D

Kinda brings the following to mind...

One of the main reasons I bought the VX was because I didn't want to drive SUV cardboard cutouts. I wanted to drive something different. The other main reason was I had noticed the side cladding extrudes a bit -- offering more protection against dings than usual.

Heaven knows how many idiots out there just slam their doors open not caring if they ding someone else's vehicle.

But, one thing I didn't consider until after I was driving the VX home from the dealership. Its unique looks and that those looks may attract -- not necessarily wanna-be's, but people of ill-will that feel compelled to key someone's vehicle for no reason.

To this day, when I park in public places -- whether it's the mall or a restaurant etc, the thought crosses my mind. My particular geographic area seems to be proned to it. So far, I've been lucky (knocking on wood), but sometimes I wish the VX wasn't so unique looking so not to attract so much attention...

Yet, another part of me says otherwise. Go figure.

Joe_Black
10/15/2003, 05:56 AM
Damn posers! ;pg;

I think to date, I've seen almost 50 Cayennes. I haven't seen that many VX's and I've been doing Southeast meets for almost a year now! LOL!

You can be unique or you can be a drone. Just some drones serve their corporate masters better than others! $$$

Dallas4u
10/15/2003, 08:00 AM
The funny thing is... he's a wanna be for parking next to you, yet you were taking pictures of it!

Now THAT is funny!

newthings
10/15/2003, 10:18 AM
Just another 4 door station wagon.
Roy

- s a i n t -
10/15/2003, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by Dallas4u
The funny thing is... he's a wanna be for parking next to you, yet you were taking pictures of it!

Now THAT is funny!

Yeah, I don't normally carry my camera with me but I took my wife and daughter up to the mountains of Arizona to do some hiking. We just happened to have the digital camera with us. I couldn't let a photo opp go wasted! ;Db;

Of course, we don't know how many pictures the owner of the Porsche took of my VehiCROSS... ;)

- s a i n t -

Navigator
10/15/2003, 11:48 AM
Your best friend when crazy schi@ happens in this mad mad mixed up world :D

I love it, the total insecurity of the Cayenne driver, proof of over compensation if you ask me...LOL :D

nyc #1 ironman
10/15/2003, 02:42 PM
I love pulling up to people who just bought a brand new truck and then see mine with regretttttttt in their eyes ,,,,ahahahah

Anita
10/15/2003, 03:17 PM
I have seen that Look !!!!!!!!!!!

VX owner :cool!: :right: Other car owner

And then when you step on the gas ... :waab: Other car owner

(I know - I'm being silly right now)

VehiX
10/15/2003, 06:05 PM
That's ok Anita, it's cool to be silly :)

However, I think it was more like this

VX owner -> ;puke: :freek: <- Common SUV owner

:rollr2:

Jolly Roger VX'er
10/15/2003, 06:29 PM
it's possible he figured parking next to you was "safe". I've had some nice rides in my time and besides parking waaaaay out in the lot to avoid the onrush or onslaught of everyday shoppers I sometimes park next to a nice ride figuring we are giving each other 50% protection...lol. I usually park the VX way out in the lot...I also park my Fiero in the danger zone 'cause it is impossible to dent..like a rubbermaid garbage can! However, I've been known to park it next to a nice vette way out in the lot...just to bust balls...lol.

- s a i n t -
10/15/2003, 08:09 PM
Yeah, my original post was all in jest. I figured he was doing what we all do ~ finding a safe haven to park. I was pleasantly surprised (and a bit honored) that he would park next to me.

- s a i n t -

Jolly Roger VX'er
10/15/2003, 08:19 PM
:yes: I believe feeling honored is right on track!;Do;

Sheik-YurBooty
10/15/2003, 08:27 PM
I park somewhere in left field w/ both the VX & the Fiero GT

Simon Templar
10/21/2003, 10:24 PM
You know....I always park way out in the boonies. Not just a little ways....but as far as is possible from the nearest other cars in the lot.

It never fails. When I come back out to leave, there may be no more cars in the lot than there was when I went in.....but there is ALWAYS at least two vehicles parked next to me!! Not Beemers, or Porsches, nor even some teeny-boppers' ricer with a custom paint job.

No...the ones who park next to me are the inbred hillbillies with their clapped out pickups or barely limping '76 Ford Mavericks.

I mean, I don't mind admirers....look all you want. But why on earth do you just HAVE to park 20 inches to port and starboard???? Show some respect for Chris'sakes.

.....sT

Jonnie
10/22/2003, 03:37 PM
I LIKED my 77 Ford maverick, my first car. I was born in the Boston area, so I do not think that makes me a hillbilly.

Jonathan

Joe_Black
10/22/2003, 05:34 PM
Yeah, Mavericks were fun! At least on dirt roads!;Do;

Beavertractors
10/22/2003, 05:52 PM
I had a 70 somthing Mavrick with a rattle can paint job 302 w/3 speed stick and a perfect set of cragers,oh yeah a set of pinto buckets;Dy; once a hillbilly always a hillbilly:rolleyes:

Heraclid
10/22/2003, 06:43 PM
I was up in the North Carolina mountains the past few days (lots of fun in a VX) , and I got as much attention with the VX there as all the time I had it up until then. Apparently up in Asheville and along the Blue Ridge Parkway they don't see alot of these things. :-) I had lots of folks swiveling around in their seats and doing double-takes. Picked up some fingerprints. My wife got asked about it, and an older gentleman in a new Mercedes was eyeing it a lot and walked up and asked me if I liked it.

I had someone park right next to it when they had all kinds of places elsewhere like Simon mentioned. I think that's not so much admiration as jealousy and wanting to take you down a notch. I did nothing to provoke that, unlike a guy in a Camaro at the hotel who parked on the line and took up two spaces to keep people away from his car, which is real silly and counterproductive because it really makes some people mad and makes you MORE likely to get your car vandalized. Anyway, the guy who parked next to mine must have thought I had it parked away from everyone else because I thought I was better than everyone else or something, so he wanted to bug me and make it real hard to get in my door. Actually it was about the only parking option when I got there, but when he got there, it looked to him like I parked it off to itself.

mrtew
10/23/2003, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by nyc #1 ironman
I love pulling up to people who just bought a brand new truck and then see mine with regretttttttt in their eyes ,,,,ahahahah

I see that all the time... mainly in the reaction of brand new Jeep Liberty drivers with the temporary licence still on the window. Nice to still have a hot desirable new car after all these years! As for parking, I always squeeze into that leftover space really near the door that is too small for anyone else to park in. I park about 2 inches from the jerk that is a foot over the line. I feel invulnerable with my cladding. Of course I only do this at work with the security cameras recording the parking lot just in case. I've noticed that since I started doing this people have been parking a LOT better too... I haven't found one of those tiny spots in a few months now.

Jolly Roger VX'er
10/23/2003, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by mrtew
As for parking, I always squeeze into that leftover space really near the door that is too small for anyone else to park in. I park about 2 inches from the jerk that is a foot over the line. I feel invulnerable with my cladding. Of course I only do this at work with the security cameras recording the parking lot just in case. I've noticed that since I started doing this people have been parking a LOT better too... I haven't found one of those tiny spots in a few months now.

Kinda reminds me of a comic book/Super hero! VX-MAN perhaps?

key words.... Invulnerable with my cladding....LOL.

WyrreJ
10/23/2003, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by Jolly Roger VX'er
Kinda reminds me of a comic book/Super hero! VX-MAN perhaps?

key words.... Invulnerable with my cladding....LOL.

Making the world safer for...

PARKING!

johnnyapollo
10/23/2003, 07:37 PM
"Able to leap giant mud holes in a single bound!"